Home
2010 FIFA World Cup News Post

The 2010 FIFA World Cup demo is available now, weighing in at 913 MB. Please post your impressions here.

Game: 2010 FIFA World CupReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
2010 FIFA World Cup Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 04/13/10 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
What camera are you playing on?

I only play on Tele and that's the default so I can see how someone would be underwhelmed by the graphics considering it's so far zoomed out. I think the players faces look pretty spot on which is tough considering how many players are in a footy game.

Since you haven't played FIFA in a while I won't comment on your gameplay comments.

Hopefully you will be doing a US Men's dynasty again. Your last one was a good read.
If time permits then I'd love to. Let's hope the World Cup and work don't take up all of my time.

# 82 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/13/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I'm surprised very few are as excited as I am about the foul system.
How has it differed?

# 83 phillyfan23 @ 04/13/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
i'm loving it very much. Just rented fifa 10 yesterday and the cpu AI is not as good as wc 2010. Lack of player movement, and also noticed the lack of fouls. i played 15 minute halves and averaged 2-3 fouls per team. way way way too few. I have 2-3 fouls per team in the 2 minute demo sometimes. The way it should be.

# 84 ChubbyBanana @ 04/13/10 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
How has it differed?
I noticed the CPU Can't just push you down and take the ball anymore without the fear of a foul.

Sometimes with FIFA 10 I'd sit there a want to scream about how abused I was getting, only to see no fouls for the CPU.

# 85 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/13/10 08:03 PM
I played my friend and fouls felt pretty similar, if not identical. I never play against the CPU so that's the least of my worries. I play online and friends, strictly.

# 86 rckabillyRaider @ 04/14/10 12:07 AM
CPU is definitely getting called and carded more often now. Heck, this is the first time I have seen straight red cards on the CPU in a long time!

# 87 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 04/14/10 02:08 AM
I played on easy so I could score goals in bunches and do some of the new celebrations, and man they get better and better. The break dancing one and backwards worm are great.

Also, the AI has definitely upped its game. The CPU scored a goal on me when Gilardino passed backwards to Grosso along the flank, who gave a return ball to Gilardino. Gilardino then went on to pass to Marchisio, who crossed to Iaquinta for a headed goal. It was some good build up.

# 88 Qb @ 04/14/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I haven't noticed a large difference in my time with the demo. I was able to draw a fair amount of fouls playing 10-15 halves in FIFA10, although there were times when it seemed the CPU could plow through you without a call.

One thing I don't like about the demo is how "twitchy" the players are. It reminds me more of FIFA09 than 10, although to be fair, I'm on PS3 which seems to control a little differently compared to the 360. I get the same feeling (only to a slightly lesser degree) playing FIFA10 on PS3 now after playing it on 360 all season...

# 89 YNWA1892 @ 04/14/10 04:54 PM
I hope the larger pitch will encourage more midfield play
... and less of that bogus super narrow aggressive tactic that 99.99999% of auto-passing onliners use.

# 90 Qb @ 04/15/10 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Hmm. I wonder if it has to do with playing styles. All I know is, in this demo, the middle of the pitch is fertile ground for fouls. I can actually use the middle of the field without being cheated.
Don't get me wrong, I saw some fouls in the demo when I took the time to slow things down and play as I normally would -- these short demos have a way of making you rush, rush, rush to score in such a short time. My point was that I didn't see anything in relation to the foul system that made me think it was substantially different than FIFA10. Remember, provided I play a patient game, I didn't have too much trouble drawing 5-10 fouls per game from the AI in FIFA.

# 91 FORMULA316 @ 04/15/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Don't get me wrong, I saw some fouls in the demo when I took the time to slow things down and play as I normally would -- these short demos have a way of making you rush, rush, rush to score in such a short time. My point was that I didn't see anything in relation to the foul system that made me think it was substantially different than FIFA10. Remember, provided I play a patient game, I didn't have too much trouble drawing 5-10 fouls per game from the AI in FIFA.
Same here. I'll have the play the demo further to see if there is any real notable
difference. Has the FIFA team mentioned a change in this area of the game?

# 92 EXboxur @ 04/16/10 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
Can't agree at all with this. WC10 does little to distance itself from FIFA10.
IMO, it does enough to warrant not keeping 10 around anymore, especially not with 11 coming out a few months later. I figure, I'll get what I can for 10, while I still can get something decent for it. Heck, what's the point of keeping 10 around if most leagues are in the offseason anyway and 11 is just around the corner? Makes no sense to have two FIFA titles. However, I always keep the tournament edition of the game. They're classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
I haven't read too much about this game but will it have online team play like in fifa?
Unfortunately, no. The goal was to have a full 11v11 tournament by the time this game came out, but Simon Humber said they couldn't pull it off because it's a "beast of a mode" or whatever, to port over from FIFA10. He said if they wanted to bring it over, then they would've had to sacrifice The Story of Qualifying, online World Cup mode, or both.

# 93 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 04/16/10 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
IMO, it does enough to warrant not keeping 10 around anymore, especially not with 11 coming out a few months later. I figure, I'll get what I can for 10, while I still can get something decent for it. Heck, what's the point of keeping 10 around if most leagues are in the offseason anyway and 11 is just around the corner? Makes no sense to have two FIFA titles. However, I always keep the tournament edition of the game. They're classics.

Unfortunately, no. The goal was to have a full 11v11 tournament by the time this game came out, but Simon Humber said they couldn't pull it off because it's a "beast of a mode" or whatever, to port over from FIFA10. He said if they wanted to bring it over, then they would've had to sacrifice The Story of Qualifying, online World Cup mode, or both.
Smart choice by them then to leave it off.

# 94 I Peench @ 04/18/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
It's pretty darn noticeable to me. Especially when I play the demo, then pop in FIFA 10. Huge difference.
Don't own Fifa 10, but have played it regularly at a friends. I thought the demo was brilliant, noticeably better than 10 in the following areas:

-Tackling
-Fouls
-Dribbling
-Presentation
-Overall smoothness of the animations

Still have yet to determine if its a purchase for me. Seeing as I didn't buy Fifa 10, I'll probably shell out the dough for this.

# 95 therizing02 @ 04/21/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Don't own Fifa 10, but have played it regularly at a friends. I thought the demo was brilliant, noticeably better than 10 in the following areas:

-Tackling
-Fouls
-Dribbling
-Presentation
-Overall smoothness of the animations

Still have yet to determine if its a purchase for me. Seeing as I didn't buy Fifa 10, I'll probably shell out the dough for this.
I'll agree with this. However, in the developers efforts to create a more "wide open" style of play it seems that they have have taken a step backwards to the 08/09 games.

After my first few games I thought that by changing formations I'd be able to alleviate my having to sprint around the pitch for 90 minutes. Well, that's incorrect. The CPU players have the physically impossible ability to change directions without compromising speed like they did in 08 and 09. Add this to the high build up settings and larger pitch and you have a sprinting ping pong arcade mess. This virtually eliminates the ability to play passing lanes because of the unrealistic speed that the CPU can change directions.

It looks like ONCE AGAIN CTT will have to be adjusted to get a realistic pace. Yes, the CPU does the pass the ball back, but it's sprint......quick pass back....one time forward.....etc....it's a joke.

Additionally, I have been playing a lot of FIFA 10 lately to compare and the second defender press button in this game is nowhere near the response time that it is in FIFA 10. It's similar to 09/08. In FIFA 10 if I hit the second defender press button, my defender moves now, not in this game, or at least nowehre near the majority of the time.

Another CPU issue. They are ALWAYS quicker to get on loose balls around the penalty area on WC. On Pro, my players make an effort, on WC. Nope. How about using ratings like awareness, quickness, positioning, and agility to determine this and some programmed CPU cheats????

I like the smoothness of the animations, I think the fouls are somewhat improved, and finally the speed of the ball has been increased to a somewhat realistic pace.

Hopefully some of the silly CPU cheats that have been in EVERY installment of this series make there way out of the retail version. Highly doubtful though.

# 96 Qb @ 04/21/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
IThe CPU players have the physically impossible ability to change directions without compromising speed like they did in 08 and 09.
I think I mentioned this in my initial impressions. It feels more "twitchy" (I hate using the term but it works) like 09, which is disappointing since I thought it improved some in 10. But I was hesitant to put too much stock in my opinion since I'm trying to get used to playing the series on PS3 and it's not going too well...

# 97 therizing02 @ 04/21/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I think I mentioned this in my initial impressions. It feels more "twitchy" (I hate using the term but it works) like 09, which is disappointing since I thought it improved some in 10. But I was hesitant to put too much stock in my opinion since I'm trying to get used to playing the series on PS3 and it's not going too well...

The only ounce of optimism that I have is that I know the Italian team is for the most part very slow, but there is no reason that dribblers should be able to change directions the way they do in this game.

Another thing I forgot to mention was that they STILL have not figured out how to keep the fullbacks from sucking into the center of the pitch leaving the wings wide open. Right now this game is wreaking arcade mess.

# 98 KG @ 04/22/10 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
A buddy of mine made the switch from FIFA to the PS3 and he said the same thing.

# 99 Qb @ 04/22/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Skill ratings do not exist in the game. The game is about speed and strength. The more speed and strength you have on your squad, the more you win. That is why you get no individuality among players. Center backs can pass like midfielders. Strikers and tiny wing backs can tackle like DMs and center backs. Large center backs can chase down fast forwards with ease. Everyone on the field play like each other. And the better the team, the higher the speed and strength, the worse it gets.
I think this sums it up quite well. You can notice small differences based on individual player skills, particularly on the user team when playing without assisted controls. But for the most part, speed & strength still reign supreme. And the lack of differentiation in defensive ability with respect to ratings really discourages a more "tactical" game. It's more or less "if you can get near him, you can tackle him" no matter who you're controlling.

But it can still be a boatload of fun if you approach it the right way and make the best of it. Like many games (and life in general), garbage in equals garbage out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
A buddy of mine made the switch from FIFA to the PS3 and he said the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Man, I far prefer the PS3 version over the 360. I like the controls a lot better, especially the face buttons, which feel MUCH more responsive. But like you said, it could be a lot of just getting used to one over the other.
I'm really torn as to what to do. My 360 can only hold two games on the HDD and I cannot count on it to read discs at this point. I still play NHL & FIFA on it, so I'd have to sacrifice FIFA since my NHL OTP team would kill me if I bailed on them. So I guess I'm going to have to give WC a shot on PS3 and see if I adapt. Then I can make more informed decision on FIFA11 this fall.

# 100 rckabillyRaider @ 04/23/10 03:41 PM
my spot just called me that they received the game. I'm gonna pick it up after work today. I'll post a video.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.