Home
2010 FIFA World Cup News Post

The 2010 FIFA World Cup demo is available now, weighing in at 913 MB. Please post your impressions here.

Game: 2010 FIFA World CupReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
2010 FIFA World Cup Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Brownhornet @ 04/24/10 09:39 AM
I second your opinion on soccer and the World Cup demo.

# 102 StormJH1 @ 04/26/10 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And you should doubt it. FIFA is what it is. It's arcade football. I know people will knock me for that and so on. So be it. It's arcade football with sick animations.

Skill ratings do not exist in the game. The game is about speed and strength. The more speed and strength you have on your squad, the more you win. That is why you get no individuality among players. Center backs can pass like midfielders. Strikers and tiny wing backs can tackle like DMs and center backs. Large center backs can chase down fast forwards with ease. Everyone on the field play like each other. And the better the team, the higher the speed and strength, the worse it gets.

And God forbid if you play anything above Professional.

And the God mode...*smh*

I know earlier it sounded like I was in love with FIFA. I like the demo alot. Because, I take it for what it is. At least they give me more freedom on the pitch and more fouls on the CPU.
See, I'm going to disagree with that. There's a good chance you know a lot more about real soccer than I do, and there is truth to what you're saying, but it's all relative. I came to prefer FIFA over games like NHL 10 specifically BECAUSE I felt it did a better job differentiating player skills. Perhaps it's not done in the way you like, but size, skill, and strength do play a huge role in how I use players.

Some of the unheralded skill categories (aggressiveness, stamina, etc.) play a huge role in the game. I have a defensive midfielder with a poor OVR rating, but I always put him in my lineup for big games because his aggressiveness is 90+ and he wins balls in the midfield constantly. I'm keeping FIFA 10, whether I get 2010 World Cup or not.

If the price is $40, it may be worth a look. It's just a little steep of a price unless there are noticeable gameplay improvements b/c you basically get a tournament mode in exchange for all of the manager mode stuff I love.

# 103 ezio @ 04/26/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And I've had tiny, not-so-aggressive win the ball away from my highly skilled, bigger and more balanced CDM. With ease.

That's not skill differential. That is a terrible game engine. There is a reason EA went into the engine for the WC demo and, for the most part, cut that crap out.

Now, what I wonder and what is actually making me contemplate buying this game, is that the demo gives us just Italy and Spain. I want to see if how it works with lesser squads. If you can lose the ball more easily with lesser talent, then I will agree with you.

But, in FIFA 10, individual skills are not accounted for.
IMO I believe you can lose it easier with lesser teams. Although, maybe still not to the degree you may like. I have been playing with the US alot and then I did one of the scenarios with Brazil and it was a world of difference to me. I agree with you in that in Fifa 10 it didn't make much difference who you played with because it felt the same. I think in the WC game you do notice a difference IMO.

# 104 ezio @ 04/26/10 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Oh...and saying stamina plays a huge role in FIFA 10 is just pure comedy.
It will make a difference if you play in a stadium that is at altitude. Otherwise, I agree with you

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.