Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson sat down with the former Florida Gators star during his EA Sports NCAA Football 11 cover shoot.

Quote:
"But playing games and smiling for cameras wasn't all Tebow was up to in Florida. The quarterback's other mission was to hunt down "Madden NFL 11'" ratings guru Donny Moore. Tebow wanted to put in a good word for his cyber self in hopes of boosting his stock a few points, especially when it comes to his speed and trucking ability. And it looks like the face-to-face time with Moore worked to Tebow's advantage.

"Tebow will be the best trucking quarterback in 'Madden' this year," said Moore after the meeting. "He's not the most elusive, but in terms of breaking tackles and power, he will be able to put down his shoulder and run over a few defenders. A lot of this is fluid, but right now in 'Madden 11,' we have Tebow at 80 speed and 92 acceleration. Trucking, carrying the ball, like I said, he's going to be better than any quarterback coming into the league."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 canes21 @ 04/08/10 05:18 PM
Football 10?

# 62 Drocks @ 04/08/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfan_95
If they do it like NCAA Basketball then this year will be completely awesome presentation wise. Hope they remove the EA logo though sorta takes away from the look
There's no way they'd take their logo off the broadcast lol. It's on the NCAA B-ball ones as well, I don't even notice it.

ESPN.....CBS as well???? I know, I know, but I had to throw it out there LOL

# 63 Solidice @ 04/08/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Football 10?
I'm sure it was just a typo. lol

it is the year 2010 afterall, so the poster probably just assumed it would be 10.

# 64 Drocks @ 04/08/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Football 10?
Haha, that's kind of a bad typo lol

# 65 prowler @ 04/08/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
thought so, link?
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...k=MW_news_stmp

Quote:
EA Announces Tim Tebow as the Exclusive NCAA Football 11 Cover Athlete

Heisman Trophy Winner to Be Uniquely Featured on Each Platform Cover

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Apr 08, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Electronic Arts Inc. /quotes/comstock/15*!erts/quotes/nls/erts (ERTS 19.13, -0.06, -0.31%) announced today that former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will be featured on the cover of EA SPORTS(TM) NCAA(R) Football 11, available in stores July 13th. Tebow is celebrated as one of the greatest college football players in history and is revered as an ambassador of college football.

Tebow was the first sophomore in history to win the coveted Heisman Trophy following his 2007 season as the Florida Gators' starting quarterback. In that season, Tebow became the first player in NCAA history to rush and pass for at least 20 touchdowns in a single season. Tebow is one of the most decorated college quarterbacks in history, winning the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback in 2007 and becoming only the second player in NCAA history to earn the Maxwell Award, given to the nation's top football player, on two occasions.

NCAA Football provides the ultimate experience for the true football fan, delivering the excitement and pageantry that can only be found in college football. NCAA Football 11 will give players 120 ways to win with real college offenses that, for the first time ever, reflect the authentic style of every NCAA FBS school. NCAA Football 11 recreates the intensity of college football Saturdays, achieving all-new levels of quality in core gameplay for the award-winning franchise.

With the major game features scheduled to be announced between now and launch, football fans are encouraged to visit http://www.ncaafootball11.com regularly for the most up-to-date information, including insider blogs written by the NCAA Football 11 development team.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, NCAA Football 11 will be available on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation(R)2 and PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment systems.

# 66 Lava @ 04/08/10 05:33 PM

Bigger version

# 67 Lava @ 04/08/10 05:37 PM
It's cool.

ABC or CBS, no telling which. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they added more than one, though. I'm certainly not expecting it.

# 68 canes21 @ 04/08/10 05:43 PM
Does this mean new commentary too? And I would hope for a another channel like CBS or ABC, but this is football and not basketball, so two different ones is not as big a deal, though ABC does show just as many games as ESPN.

# 69 Jamin23 @ 04/08/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
Does this mean new commentary too? And I would hope for a another channel like CBS or ABC, but this is football and not basketball, so two different ones is not as big a deal, though ABC does show just as many games as ESPN.
ABC is apart of ESPN so they should at least have that too.

# 70 thmst30 @ 04/08/10 05:52 PM
**** I have been waiting for ESPN presentation in this game for years. AWESOME!!!! Go ahead and give us a full blown presentation blog EA.

# 71 Rashad19 @ 04/08/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Well here is a close up of when Tebow and that guy were playing the game. ESPN is on the game 4 sure

ESPN Presentation! Yes!!

# 72 Pacman83 @ 04/08/10 05:57 PM
While i hope this is true...i remember that by ESPN integration, they mean the overlays, like just changing menus, but there were the "articles"

# 73 reco @ 04/08/10 05:58 PM
good news on the espn thing!

# 74 jdr4693 @ 04/08/10 06:03 PM
Does this mean that Madden 11 will have ESPN presentation also? I hope they add have The Monday Night Football crew with Jaws and the guys.. I also hope the stat overlays and instant replays have the ESPN graphic overlays like in the NCAA basketball game.

# 75 canes21 @ 04/08/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
While i hope this is true...i remember that by ESPN integration, they mean the overlays, like just changing menus, but there were the "articles"
Once again, I just don't get what you're trying to say. The evidence is clear as day in the picture. There is the ESPN bar right there. And when I think ESPN integration, I think of what the basketball series did. I hope we get that with a lot better commentary.

# 76 Drocks @ 04/08/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
I agree, but most big games on Saturday nights are broadcasted on ABC. SNF. But shoot who knows. I hope they at least do it different for the National Title game on Dynasty mode.
If I'm not mistaken, ABC games look exactly the same as ESPN games now don't they? Like, it even still says "ESPN" on the scoreboard even though it is on the channel ABC? I think they just have the ABC logo on the other side of the scoreboard. So maybe they just do that for "big" games, and say it's on ABC, but everything else is going to look the same.

# 77 TracerBullet @ 04/08/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I understand why they did it, I just wish they would've stuck with the multiple player format for one more year just so Suh could be on one.

Oh well, Tebow deserves it.
Even as a Gator fan I'm with you there. I was hoping to see Gerhart and Suh on a cover. Preferably Gerhart on the 360 . Oh well though.

# 78 Solidice @ 04/08/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
If I'm not mistaken, ABC games look exactly the same as ESPN games now don't they? Like, it even still says "ESPN" on the scoreboard even though it is on the channel ABC? I think they just have the ABC logo on the other side of the scoreboard. So maybe they just do that for "big" games, and say it's on ABC, but everything else is going to look the same.
pretty much. even the ABC Saturday Night College Football intro has ESPN all over it now. ESPN on ABC.

# 79 TheGipper86 @ 04/08/10 06:13 PM
I'm tempted to believe this was just a clever tiny leak by EA and ESPN, rather than a "oops" moment. I'm sure EA went over that video before it got put on their own website for crap's sake. Either that or someone just got fired.

I also find it funny how this "Tim Tebow is the cover guy thread" has turned into "OMG, ESPN presentation in gamez!!11!!one!!"

# 80 Wolverines05 @ 04/08/10 06:21 PM
WOW!!! Unless I can't see very well, I cant believe you guys don't notice two double team blocks on both defensive tackles in that video. This looks amazing!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.