Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

For those of you that haven't been poking around various threads in our NCAA Football Forums. Jean Adams, Art Director for NCAA Football 11 has been posting quite a few interesting details.

Here are some notable quotes from Jean.

Quote:
"Here’s what we have this cycle. Some are new and others have been there for some time but all have been tuned to look more realistic. The girth of the facemask has been increased to give them a thicker look. It’s almost as if they weren’t rubber coated before.

I know this is a very minor update but we want you to know that we care about the details as well.

Ultra thin armbands are on many of the skill players and peppered through out other positions as well. They will be available through edit player as well."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Watson @ 04/09/10 08:44 PM
Hey Jean, will there be a pic of the Pro combat uniforms?

Preferably LSU

# 62 KANE699 @ 04/10/10 12:02 AM
Here is how the Revo 3 bar single should look.

This is taken from the new Percy Harvin facemask in the game. Remove the top bars and the robot bars and bam the 3 bar single facemask. The port over from Madden has the incorrect proportions as shown earlier.

Crude photoshop I know but it works.

# 63 Potatoes002 @ 04/10/10 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
EA please tell me you added Dreads. Over 50% of players have dreads & they need to be in the game.
I dont think over 50% of players have dreads, well on WSU anyway only like 2 or 3 do. But I wouldn't count on dreads being in this game.

# 64 HiTEqMETHOD @ 04/10/10 04:59 AM
The screens look nice but I have very little confidence left in EA Tiburon. I don't care about the facemasks, as long as they are the right color they don't matter to me. Fix the gameplay and presentation. The last few years have felt nothing like college football. The atmosphere was terrible. I'm hoping this game will bring the series back to it's glory days on the xbox and ps2 but I'm not holding my breath. I used to buy this game every year, but the last one I bought was 2008. I hope they don't add all these stupid facemasks only to leave out what's actually important. Gameplay, physics, and presentation. I want to feel like I'm at a college game not some lifeless stadium, they've somehow turned one of the most exciting sporting events in North America into something extremely boring.

# 65 NDIrish98 @ 04/10/10 07:01 AM
i also like that they have the vapor Nike cleats in. i think about every other player in college football where's those same cleats. its a small thing, but for me, adds greatly to the 'realistic' look of college football. hopefully they do like the basketball games and add a little more variety to the types/colorways of the cleats. the screenshots i've seen so far look great. i just hope the game 'plays' as good as it looks so far.

# 66 Apollo @ 04/10/10 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Here is how the Revo 3 bar single should look.

This is taken from the new Percy Harvin facemask in the game. Remove the top bars and the robot bars and bam the 3 bar single facemask. The port over from Madden has the incorrect proportions as shown earlier.

Crude photoshop I know but it works.

Way ahead of you my friend. Check my post on page 9 of this thread. I made 10 masks from 4 that are in the game.

# 67 thor-17 @ 04/10/10 08:42 AM
The game looks good. EA does this every year, though. They get a great looking screnshot(remember last year's- the game never looked anything like that, lol), and we all jump on the hype train. However, it is better to play good than to look good. It's looked good before his gen, but played, well meh. I'm not getting hyped until I know it's gonna play as good as it looks.

# 68 Tengo Juego @ 04/10/10 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
Way ahead of you my friend. Check my post on page 9 of this thread. I made 10 masks from 4 that are in the game.
His edits are high res shots though. And a bit more accurate. But good work by both of you. Hopefully this can sway Jean to get this stuff added/corrected.

# 69 coogrfan @ 04/10/10 10:20 AM
Quote:
EA please tell me you added Dreads. Over 50% of players have dreads & they need to be in the game.
50%? Really?

# 70 danphilibin @ 04/10/10 10:33 AM
The screenshot looks great until the bottom..the flat grass kills me.

# 71 Maximus205 @ 04/10/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
It would be the best looking but its miami
It is the best looking because its Miami. Boom!! Still hoping they got the spec occassion/alternates in from Born4Corns thread. We still want Chopped jerseys for old school unis!!!

# 72 TrapStar215 @ 04/10/10 11:36 AM
Wassup with only 2 Revo Speed Facemasks?

# 73 Watson @ 04/10/10 12:59 PM
Quote:

# 74 canes21 @ 04/10/10 01:12 PM
Yea, over 50%? Miami probably had up to 10 players at the most and they had more than most teams.

# 75 tylerjwilliams4 @ 04/10/10 02:35 PM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic will this be included in the game

# 76 nightofshadow @ 04/10/10 02:46 PM
Im more happy that they have my favorite cleats in the game yes!!!

# 77 NikB13 @ 04/10/10 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjwilliams4
Image and video hosting by TinyPic will this be included in the game
Yes

# 78 Saxonkid2012 @ 04/10/10 03:46 PM
Oh can u guys also add some eyeblak for the players almost every player uses eyeblak, and hair styles please.. And the ability to set the same number on both sides of the field, for example tayler mays safety for USC and cj gable halfback both have #2 just want the ability to do it ur self on the players u want.

# 79 canes21 @ 04/10/10 03:57 PM
I just recently played on Turf this week and Turf is still as 3D as grass.

# 80 Zasnow @ 04/10/10 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonkid2012
Oh can u guys also add some eyeblak for the players almost every player uses eyeblak, and hair styles please.. And the ability to set the same number on both sides of the field, for example tayler mays safety for USC and cj gable halfback both have #2 just want the ability to do it ur self on the players u want.
It is stupid they took out eye paint, dreads, mouth pieces from last gen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.