Home
ProStroke Golf: World Tour News Post

Critically Acclaimed ProStroke Golf heads to the PlayStationTM 3, Xbox® 360 & PC

Northamptonshire, UK Thursday 8th April 2010 – O-Games announces ProStroke Golf: World Tour for the PlayStation™ 3, Xbox® 360 and PC.

Building on the success of the critically acclaimed ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007, O-Games and developer Gusto Games have been developing ProStroke for its debut on the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.

ProStroke Golf made its mark by delivering realistic golf physics and shot taking, using the revolutionary ProStroke View and ProStroke Swing.

David Wiltshire O-Games Producer commented “ProStroke Golf’s control and physics were unrivalled in video games golf and truly delivered a realistic golfing experience. We’ve been hard a work for some time now to bring ProStroke to the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles to continue the success of the brand and build on the success of the product”.

With a number of fully licensed courses, five different playing modes including Challenge Mode where you can pitch yourself against a pro, and enhanced gameplay physics to ensure a truly realistic golfing experience, ProStroke Golf: World Tour will take you from your living room and onto the golf course like never before.

“There will be some big announcements shortly surrounding ProStroke that are very exciting” David Wiltshire added.

Pro Stoke Golf World Tour for the PlayStation™ 3, Xbox® 360 and PC coming soon.

Check out the screenshots, right here.

Game: ProStroke Golf: World TourHype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 04/09/10 01:15 PM
Wow! I'm totally shocked to see this announcement. I had no clue that this was in development. I'd like to see ProStroke's swing interface at work with NATAL, which I think is what David Wiltshire is hinting about. Image... a swing interface that not only captures your arm and hand movement during the swing, but the weight transfer of your body!?

I just hope they can give some life to the presentation. ProStroke Golf 2007 had a very dry, clinical approach that didn't draw me in. They were onto something with the dual stick interface that rewarded proper weight shift though.

I saw elsewhere that this was tentatively scheduled for an October release. I wish them luck with it; Tiger Woods XX needs some competition!

# 2 LingeringRegime @ 04/09/10 04:44 PM
Wonderful news. This is the perfect time for this game to come out.

# 3 OnlookerDelay @ 04/10/10 11:27 AM
One thing I forgot to mention earlier... ProStroke Golf 2007 had a course creation facility for the XBox. I would be surprised of ProStroke Golf: World Tour doesn't have this as well. There would have to be a way of hosting and distributing the courses via XBox Live to make this work, but we've seen other games host user created material for download.

Heck, Avatar Golf has a course creation utility, but the distribution method is a bit restrictive (only those on your friend's list can download what you've got). Keep in mind I'm not speaking of an architect on the order of Tiger Woods Golf 06 on the PC, or Links Golf 2003's APCD, but I was amazed at what could be done on the XBox version.

# 4 orthostud23 @ 04/12/10 11:55 AM
I look forward to see how this game will work with the new motion controls for the PS3 and 360.

# 5 supermanemblem @ 04/16/10 03:29 AM
I can't wait for this game. The PS2 version had superior gameplay than TW. It's two major drawbacks were the graphics and list of golfers. If they want to sell some copies in the States, they had better sign Phil to a marketing deal. Put the reigning Masters champ, and fan favorite, on the cover and rake in the dough. I'm a Tiger the golfer fan through and through, but EA needs some competition.

# 6 rockchisler @ 04/16/10 10:08 AM
Wow very surprised to hear this, I enjoyed 07 on my xbox.

# 7 OnlookerDelay @ 04/16/10 11:41 AM
For those of you who may have missed ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007, IGN has a ton of screen shots from the XBox version of that game. http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/800/800094/imgs_1.html

On the second page, you get to see a good many of the course creation tools. The gameplay was interesting in an inteface sense, but was dry in a presentation and atmospheric sense. They've had three years to work on it, so who knows... this may turn out to be worth something. I know the development team behind the earlier product was responsive to feedback. They know what people found lacking in the previous game.

# 8 OnlookerDelay @ 04/26/10 04:08 PM
For those who are concerned about the screenshots presented with the press release, I'm learning today that these are "pre-alpha" screens.

# 9 Triggerfish @ 05/23/10 11:01 PM
So this is "John Daly's Pro-Stroke Golf" now...interesting....not sure if that helps the sales but it's better than Michelle Wie' golf"! :-) Either way...with our England friends putting out a very nice "Backbreaker" demo so far maybe they can get Golf down also! EA can use the competition..geez we all can gain from that!

http://usa.og-international.net/game....asp?gameid=78

# 10 shaunjuan2000 @ 05/23/10 11:36 PM
Why would John Daly support a game like PSG? I had it for the ps2 and it got boring really quick. There was so much hype about the original PSG and like Daly's career, it failed miserably. Thr graphics were bland, commentary was dry, the course editor was user unfriendly, and they thought par 3s should be 300 yards and par 5s should be 350 yards. I call it Pro Joke Golf. Tiger is 150xs better.

# 11 OnlookerDelay @ 05/24/10 01:37 AM
What a dubious choice for a front man on your golf game!? Oh well, I don't buy golf game's because of what pro golfer is on the cover; I just want a golf game that's as realistically challenging and fun as possible. They could call it Roseanne Barr Golf for all I care, as long as it had something going for it in the gameplay department.

Still, John Daly as a marquee.... that's a real head-scratcher, especially with so many up and coming stars on the European scene.

# 12 PhantomPain @ 05/25/10 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
What a dubious choice for a front man on your golf game!? Oh well, I don't buy golf game's because of what pro golfer is on the cover; I just want a golf game that's as realistically challenging and fun as possible. They could call it Roseanne Barr Golf for all I care, as long as it had something going for it in the gameplay department.

Still, John Daly as a marquee.... that's a real head-scratcher, especially with so many up and coming stars on the European scene.
He's probably cheaper than the up and comers

# 13 OnlookerDelay @ 05/25/10 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
He's probably cheaper than the up and comers
True, I hadn't thought about that. There's no denying he's one of those incorrigible, yet loveable figures who for this purpose would be highly recognizable.

# 14 simgamer0005 @ 05/25/10 12:11 PM
I'm interested mainly in the PC version. I have always found golf games more rewarding with mouse control. I hope they give this game good detailed sharp graphics on the PC version. The original xbox game was good, but it didn't have the best graphics. Hope they improve on this this time. I will probably get this for the PC.

# 15 OnlookerDelay @ 05/27/10 02:12 PM
Four new screenshots posted at TeamXBox.com, along with an E3 announcement. Also, John Daly will be at E3 demoing the game:

"We've just opened up the John Daly's ProStroke Golf Gallery with four just-released in-game screenshots showing off the graphics the game will offer when released. In other John Daly news, it has also been announced that “The Lion” himself will be on hand at this year's E3 event in the O-Games (Publishers of the game) booth showing off the game and challenging event goers."

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gall...troke-Golf/p1/

I personally think these screens look a bit better than the first "pre-alpha" screens posted a couple of months ago.

# 16 ty5oke @ 05/27/10 02:31 PM
Looking good. I'm looking forward to this game as I enjoyed the first one a great deal and am sick of EA's TW.

# 17 shaunjuan2000 @ 05/27/10 03:14 PM
Looks like old Prostroke Game. The graphics look iffy. When this comes out so will NHL 11. Rather by that instead. PSG may be a rental for me.

# 18 OnlookerDelay @ 05/27/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000
Looks like old Prostroke Game. The graphics look iffy. When this comes out so will NHL 11. Rather by that instead. PSG may be a rental for me.
I'd say that the graphics are serviceable, at best. If the gameplay is strong, I'll have no problem with the way it looks. At this point, I'll say that I'll have PSG at the top of my Gamefly rental queue, at release. If it passes muster, I'll buy it. I lost all interest in Pro Stroke Golf: 2007 on the XBox after a one week rental, but I did see some elements in it that could be built upon.

# 19 RipCity71252 @ 05/27/10 06:57 PM
New images of John Daly's Prostroke Golf were just posted over at gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/jo...%3Bimage_index

# 20 DivotMaker @ 05/27/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
New images of John Daly's Prostroke Golf were just posted over at gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/jo...%3Bimage_index
Those are the same as the screenshots posted above.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.