Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

Allelbows has posted a video of King Mo's journey to the crown, as he gets ready to fight the Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Gegard Mousasi, this Saturday.

In the video, they feature some clips of EA SPORTS MMA.

Quote:
"We present to you another All Elbows video, sandwiched between our travels to a land full of dudes also named Muhammed and back to Nashville for the Strikeforce on CBS megacard. King Mo is contending for the Strikeforce light heavyweight title against champion Gegard Mousasi this Saturday on CBS."

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phillmattic @ 04/13/10 12:33 PM
I'm excited for this fight, and this game.

# 2 allBthere @ 04/13/10 01:11 PM
takedowns look good. striking for the most part looks bad, footwork looks floaty and they seem to have invisible barrier like fn3. The reason I say the striking looks bad for the most part is that they just look weak, like they wouldn't hurt. They lack 'pop' so to speak.

I'll be checking it out regardless, just some things I noticed. I didn't expect it to be near THQ's level and it doesn't look to be at least in the stand up game.

They still have boat loads of time to improve it though too.

# 3 kennyacid @ 04/13/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
takedowns look good. striking for the most part looks bad, footwork looks floaty and they seem to have invisible barrier like fn3. The reason I say the striking looks bad for the most part is that they just look weak, like they wouldn't hurt. They lack 'pop' so to speak.

I'll be checking it out regardless, just some things I noticed. I didn't expect it to be near THQ's level and it doesn't look to be at least in the stand up game.

They still have boat loads of time to improve it though too.
Yeah striking looks weak, look like theres no force behind the punches..ummm i have to see more vids

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 04/13/10 02:37 PM
Not sure if I'm digging the look of this game. Unfortunately, it is plagued by the EA Sports games stiffness factor. Punching animations look non-organic. Aren't they using the Fight Night 4 engine for this? I would think they would have improved on that, although I love FN4, even with it's slight robotic nature, at times. I just wanted an improvement for this MMA game.

# 5 sportznut02 @ 04/14/10 09:03 AM
As you guys have already mentioned the movement of the fighters does not look good at all and the punches look like they lack power. Maybe this will be fixed but who knows. I think it was a good idea of them to push back the release. Still can`t wait to check this game out though.

# 6 nyj721 @ 04/14/10 04:16 PM
That striking looks awful, what happened to mousasis arm at 5:02. It almost reminds me of Don Kings:Prizefighter with the robotic-ness(I just made that word up).

# 7 Phillmattic @ 04/14/10 04:32 PM
I actually enjoyed the video.

I will say that a dev at the Official EA forum said that the gameplay footage shown in the video had been slowed down, and also that it lacks the added effect that high impact shots strikes will possess in the final version.

But the fighting actually flows like a real life fight would. And the difference in attacks that Mousasi throws which are quick and precise, differ from the ones Mo was throwing which were wingy and slower. Also you get to see something you never see in an MMA game, and that is octagon control and positioning. In the clip you see Mousasi pressing the action against Mo who is forced to back up against the cage to avoid attacks, and as soon as Mo tries to find an escape for better positioning Mousasi quickly makes his way over to the corner to keep him trapped.

It looks like with skilled strikers you're really going to be able to dictate the pace and pick opponents apart methodically, instead of always having to look for the "big moves" to end the fight quickly.

# 8 Phobia @ 04/14/10 05:40 PM
Uhhhhhhhh looks weak so far.

# 9 DTX3 @ 04/14/10 06:16 PM
I thought it looked pretty solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer23
omg i cant believe we have fans for this game.UFC is lightyears ahead of this.

you should know that they are just doing this because of UFC's success (greed).look at madden,just a big annual salary for a lacking game.
Why can't you believe it? I'm an MMA fan so I'm definitely looking forward to this. Also, how is UFC "lightyears" ahead of this? We hardly know anything about it.

# 10 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/14/10 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
I actually enjoyed the video.

I will say that a dev at the Official EA forum said that the gameplay footage shown in the video had been slowed down, and also that it lacks the added effect that high impact shots strikes will possess in the final version.

But the fighting actually flows like a real life fight would. And the difference in attacks that Mousasi throws which are quick and precise, differ from the ones Mo was throwing which were wingy and slower. Also you get to see something you never see in an MMA game, and that is octagon control and positioning. In the clip you see Mousasi pressing the action against Mo who is forced to back up against the cage to avoid attacks, and as soon as Mo tries to find an escape for better positioning Mousasi quickly makes his way over to the corner to keep him trapped.

It looks like with skilled strikers you're really going to be able to dictate the pace and pick opponents apart methodically, instead of always having to look for the "big moves" to end the fight quickly.
I picked that up too, there was also a little stun shot that had him a litle rocked and backing up and getting on the defensive that looked pretty good to me. But everything seemed kinda robotic. I wanna see how the final product comes out. I am still interested in this game and if anything it will be a nice alternative to the UFC game when it finally drops at the end of the year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.