Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 locomotion live chat. If you missed out, the replay is available now.

Quote:
"NCAA Football Dev Team:
The players actually have higher top speeds this year than last year (based on real life data). It takes them longer to get to those top speeds however so you really only see guys hit 100% speed after 30 to 50 yards (based on their acceleration ratings) I think the game feels very similar speed wise, just not twitchy. We've added a game speed slider so that you can tune it to your liking however."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 blazer003 @ 04/15/10 03:24 PM
I do think Madden was quite a bit too slow last year. Here's an idea for speed. Make it like real life! Wait, no, stop laughing, I'm serious. I said stop laughing!! Seriously, take the fastest players 40 times and make the fastest guys run the 40 in the same time in the game! I know, weird, right?

Here's another doosy. Time how long it takes a bullet pass to go 10 yards, 15 yards, 20 yards. Yes, watch a video clip, time it out, and make a bullet pass take that long to travel that far. Make that the default speed, and the speed used for online play, then people can use the sliders for offline stuff if they want it faster or slower.

Madden last year felt much slower than real life, and bullet passes were the worst (though maybe I was just used to super bullet passes of NCAA.)
I should do an analysis my self on NCAA and Madden and see what the actual times really are.

# 42 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 08:50 AM
In the Madden chat they said their locomotion will be a bit different than NCAA as they are going for a stronger sim element. Not sure exactly what that means but if that means NCAA jukes, spins, and cuts are a little over the top then I will like the NCAA style better. Many of us loved the PS2 versions and you could pull off some great moves that were fun. This is an example of fun > sim.

While sim is important, sim isn't perfect and many times I see sim = snob. It's overused imo.

# 43 mgoblue678 @ 04/16/10 08:59 AM
^^^ Couldn't disagree more, I want the movement to be realistic and not be over the top. I really hope they implement locomotion right and don't over do it with defenders being made to look silly to often. Personally if locomotion worked similar to the momentum in the 2k games I would be very happy.

The whole point of implementing something like locomotion in the first place is to make the game more realistic, seems rather counter intuitive if offensive player movement were over the top. Besides great moves should be hard to pulloff and be rare, kinda kills the excitement if they happen to frequently.

# 44 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 09:18 AM
It all depends on how it's done. Many times I've heard people say they would rather have them err on the side of overly restrictive. I've heard people say make the deep ball too hard to complete if you can't get it right. Stuff like that. I want realism but if you can't get it just right, err on the side of fun.

Quite frankly, I would love it if they would actually offer an arcade and sim option that aren't related to the sliders. Arcade would mean more deep balls, bigger moves, etc. while sim would be the opposite.

# 45 RynoAid @ 04/16/10 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
If nothing else, confirmation of a game speed slider was great news to come out of this chat.
the slider he's talking about is a "speed threshhold" slider.. it controls the gap between the slowest rated guys and the fastest rated guys. It allows you to customize that difference to your liking.

# 46 Hova57 @ 04/16/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
the slider he's talking about is a "speed threshhold" slider.. it controls the gap between the slowest rated guys and the fastest rated guys. It allows you to customize that difference to your liking.
so you don't think they will have the game speed options or you just can't say

# 47 RynoAid @ 04/16/10 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
so you don't think they will have the game speed options or you just can't say
i can only talk about things after info has been released from EA.

# 48 Hova57 @ 04/16/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
i can only talk about things after info has been released from EA.
its cools kinda figured that but thanks for the clear up anyways. still getting geeked about this game. did they have espn presentation in the game when you played it. if so what was a cool moment for you with the presentation?

# 49 Hey_Rebby @ 04/16/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
^^^ Couldn't disagree more, I want the movement to be realistic and not be over the top. I really hope they implement locomotion right and don't over do it with defenders being made to look silly to often. Personally if locomotion worked similar to the momentum in the 2k games I would be very happy.

The whole point of implementing something like locomotion in the first place is to make the game more realistic, seems rather counter intuitive if offensive player movement were over the top. Besides great moves should be hard to pulloff and be rare, kinda kills the excitement if they happen to frequently.
I agree. That statement in the Madden chat worries me. It all goes back to the "Wide open" gameplay they promised for NCAA, which means lots of offense, little defense.

Since NFL is more popular (thus a bigger market to sell to) I would think they would make the NCAA game a true sim and Madden arcadey to appeal to the masses. Doesn't make since.

And I love RudyJuly's idea of having an ARCADE/SIM option. NBA Live used to do that.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.