Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the ESPN integration.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 blazer003 @ 04/15/10 07:17 PM
Could be a nice touch, but I know I don't have to bring up the fact (and yet I will) that we are lacking so many things that we had back in 2004. And the fact that almost none of them have been added back between 2006 when the game first came to the 360 and now. What atmostphere elements have been added back to the game since 2006? Gimmicky "run around after the touchdown and celebrate with the mascot," a pre game band, windsocks, and a little more sideline detail.

This year we get refs on the field and some new graphic overlays.

Where are:
Team Intros
Pregame warmups
Coaches
GameDay studio show
Cut aways
National Championship Celebration

Not to mention things they've never gotten right such as:
Crowd participation, volume, and timing.
True team celebrations (mobbing a player who scored a big TD)
Game winning celebrations (fans or players)

I am very happy with the list of things THIS YEAR, so I probably shouldn't complain. I will most likely actually buy the game again this year, but like many have said, what if they would have put in this much effort every year? We'd have an amazing game.

As a side note: To those that said some of us would never be happy, I'm happy now. Even if all this stuff (locomotion mainly) doesn't quite work as well as advertised, you can tell they are making an effort. I can't really say that's happened in the past.

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/15/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
What about the Pre-game, halftime, and post game presentation
Like it said as the end of the blog bro. He told us that there is more news to come on presention. So don't worry. We are all getting a little excited. But getting excited ain't going to get the next blog here any sooner.

# 23 Hiro1 @ 04/15/10 07:17 PM
The fact that they will be using current graphics has me stoked as well.

# 24 Solidice @ 04/15/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Maybe I'm wrong, but I interpreted, "You can now filter ESPN news articles by you favorite Sports, Conferences and Teams" as ESPN the Magazine. Thats just how I saw it.
I think that part of the quote was talking about the ESPN on demand thing, which has been in the game for a few years now. it's real life ESPN news stuff. though that whole paragraph looks blended together, hard to tell anything with it.

also this pic.

# 25 NebraskaFootball @ 04/15/10 07:21 PM
The devs better have included everything in this vid

THIS is what ESPN/ABC presentation is about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xjJAME8bc

# 26 shad_moss93 @ 04/15/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Give it time. They are releasing new stuff every week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Like it said as the end of the blog bro. He told us that there is more news to come on presention. So don't worry. We are all getting a little excited. But getting excited ain't going to get the next blog here any sooner.
Lol. Yeah, I need to work on my patience. It's just the game is sounding and looking really good this year.

# 27 moylan1234 @ 04/15/10 07:25 PM
banners are graphics that appear on the lower 1/3 of your screen and show stats like this:

# 28 shad_moss93 @ 04/15/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Man they even added the damn ESPNU 150. This is something else. Hey does anyone know what he was talking about with the BAnners? I didnt understand that

# 29 Solidice @ 04/15/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Man they even added the damn ESPNU 150. This is something else. Hey does anyone know what he was talking about with the BAnners? I didnt understand that
which part?

# 30 HarkTheSound @ 04/15/10 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think that part of the quote was talking about the ESPN on demand thing, which has been in the game for a few years now. it's real life ESPN news stuff. though that whole paragraph looks blended together, hard to tell anything with it.

also this pic.

Ahh. That makes sense. Way to rain on my parade, lol. Jk, still hoping The Magazine will get into the game. BTW, where'd you get that pic from?

# 31 shaunlmason @ 04/15/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

also this pic.
Where is that pic from? I can't find it on the blog.

# 32 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/15/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Lol. Yeah, I need to work on my patience. It's just the game is sounding and looking really good this year.
Yea if they can keep most of this glitch and bug free when it gets released. Then this will be a big step forward in ncaa football game history. I just hope Ian and crew is doing something on the lines of this same thing with NFL network. Since we know Madden will never have ESPN in it. But hopefully Madden presention will be alot better then last year. I would hate to ncaa 11 out do madden 11 in presention this year. But it is a wait and see game.

# 33 Solidice @ 04/15/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Where is that pic from? I can't find it on the blog.
on the NCAA main page. it's the pic they used to link to the ESPN blog

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/home.action

# 34 UCFTirade @ 04/15/10 07:34 PM
This....is....EXCITING!

I'm interested to see what their next presentation update will be as they sound excited over it

# 35 Lava @ 04/15/10 07:37 PM
Great news, this should make a lot of folks around here very happy (myself included).

# 36 Solidice @ 04/15/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Its in the small paragraph towards the end when he says Other ESPN Additions
no, I meant which part of the banners you didn't understand.

# 37 Hiro1 @ 04/15/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
*Facepalm*...I am sorry, but I soon as I saw that coment I can't help but envision mrMagic91 as the guy from those crazy-*** Staples "WOW...THAT'S A LOW PRICE" ads....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlWj...ext=1&index=25

(no offense Magic91 as I would not know you if you were standing next to me)!

The one thing that I absolutely swear EA has nailed without failure for 10 years running now is the art of the pre-release hype machine! Every year is going to be the greatest NCAA / Madden OF ALL TIME...and every year like Pavlov's dogs we lap it up and salivate all over ourselves only to eventually find out that there is no steak coming...just a bell...even if this year's 'steak' smells like a juicy New York Strip from Ruth's Chris!

I am gonna have to have it in hand before I can join my man above in getting loco on the quality of this edition...

Just PLEASE do not include that damn "Big and Rich" song in ANY way shape or form!!! I am begging! I think I would be insane in a matter or days if I had to constantly hear them singing "yeah we're comin' to your sit-ay" - which I have started to hear as "yeah we're singin' and we're shi-tay" for the last few years...
wouldnt that make the game immersing and more authentic? I'm a kool-aid drinker.

# 38 moylan1234 @ 04/15/10 07:44 PM
My preordering at $40 is looking better and better!

# 39 Pacman83 @ 04/15/10 07:44 PM
Yet again, I s*** myself--this time for the presentation...

More and more, slowly getting better...

# 40 vatechfan44 @ 04/15/10 07:49 PM
Im now buying for sure, this adds so much realism to the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.