Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the ESPN integration.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 da ThRONe @ 04/15/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
*Facepalm*...I am sorry, but I soon as I saw that coment I can't help but envision mrMagic91 as the guy from those crazy-*** Staples "WOW...THAT'S A LOW PRICE" ads....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlWj...ext=1&index=25

(no offense Magic91 as I would not know you if you were standing next to me)!

The one thing that I absolutely swear EA has nailed without failure for 10 years running now is the art of the pre-release hype machine! Every year is going to be the greatest NCAA / Madden OF ALL TIME...and every year like Pavlov's dogs we lap it up and salivate all over ourselves only to eventually find out that there is no steak coming...just a bell...even if this year's 'steak' smells like a juicy New York Strip from Ruth's Chris!

I am gonna have to have it in hand before I can join my man above in getting loco on the quality of this edition...

Just PLEASE do not include that damn "Big and Rich" song in ANY way shape or form!!! I am begging! I think I would be insane in a matter or days if I had to constantly hear them singing "yeah we're comin' to your sit-ay" - which I have started to hear as "yeah we're singin' and we're shi-tay" for the last few years...
Maybe Im different but I see right through hype. But this isnt Season Showdown, Team Builder, Dancing with the mascouts, WindSocks, Play commits, Mascout match ups, mini-games, Impact players, momentum bars, QB composure or any other gimmick they have stuffed in this game over the pass 5 or so years. Theirfinally adding the things that make a sports videogame franchise great. And for that I appaud them. Will it work like advertise is another story though.

# 42 rangerrick012 @ 04/15/10 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Sorry that I didnt laugh at your little joke dude. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And if thats what you want to think then go ahead. I just have never seen so much detail in the NCAA series before. But Hey, thats what you think then thats you. And there is a new producer this year. I just think this will be the best sporting game of the year.
Yeah but we have the right to call your saying it's "game of the year" before even playing it as overreactionary. NCAA B'Ball 10 had all the presentation, but the gameplay left alot to be desired. If they improve gameplay, good on them. But until you play it, it's always stupid to make proclamations like that.

# 43 therizing02 @ 04/15/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechfan44
Im now buying for sure, this adds so much realism to the game
Sure it does, especially with the horrible late half/game clock management and awful CPU play calling we could have the game of the century.

Ok, all joking aside it's cool that this FINALLY made it to the game, but seriously, overlays, theme songs, and ESPN Magazine adding to realism? I don't get it.

If there are major problems on the field you could have Musberger and Herbstreit in your living room calling all of your games and the ESPN integration won't help.

It's even better to see all of the things that are being worked on from a gameplay standpoint.

# 44 tyler289 @ 04/15/10 08:05 PM
Another step in the right direction. Really encouraging to see the development team giving us what we want this year.

# 45 AUChase @ 04/15/10 08:10 PM
It's been a while since I've been so optimistic about an NCAA football game pre-release.

# 46 boredhusband @ 04/15/10 08:16 PM
can't wait for the demo, so excited.

# 47 NELL86 @ 04/15/10 08:17 PM
Even though i been dissapointed for the last 6 years, i have to say you cant help but be excited for college and madden this year. if it play like a next gen version of the ps2 football games with espn presentation im a be in heaven and i got a good feeling madden is doing the same. nfl network and espn put money on it.

# 48 Squeezee12 @ 04/15/10 08:20 PM
Once everyone noticed the ESPN logo in the Tebow video I figured we would get an ESPN blog. Looks great. Very excited for it as its been way too long. I just hope they add some sort of pre, half and post-game show. Maybe a bowl selection show and heisman trophy show.

# 49 TastyRambo @ 04/15/10 08:21 PM
"One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the AUDIO and visuals of ESPN College Football."

I didnt see anywhere about new announcers/new broadcast team, does anyone think this will be added? I for one am kind of sick of hearing Lee Corso.... but I wouldnt mind seeing him for a selection show like on the ps2.

Overall tho great addition it seems like this is going to be a solid game.

# 50 videlsports @ 04/15/10 08:22 PM
At least they are doing something with the presentation. But as I said this is the best EA Sports Game they make with fight night being second.IMO

# 51 jdr4693 @ 04/15/10 08:24 PM
This is cool and all, but the NCAA and Madden game series still need EMOTION (from sounds, commentators, crowd) All are still lacking and adding ESPN overlays still don't fix those problems...

# 52 rudyjuly2 @ 04/15/10 08:26 PM
The blogs have been HRs so far. Let's keep it up!

# 53 da ThRONe @ 04/15/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyRambo
"One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the AUDIO and visuals of ESPN College Football."

I didnt see anywhere about new announcers/new broadcast team, does anyone think this will be added? I for one am kind of sick of hearing Lee Corso.... but I wouldnt mind seeing him for a selection show like on the ps2.

Overall tho great addition it seems like this is going to be a solid game.
I cant imagine they made that major of a overhaul. Would be a pleasant surprise though.

# 54 J-Unit40 @ 04/15/10 08:32 PM
Love it. I just love it. The NCAA Football Hype Train is starting to roll!

I'm feeling all of the news starting to trickle out. Presentation definitely needed some strong attention because it was flat out stale.

If I hear about tuned up the CPU AI, clock management and CPU QB AI in the next two months or so, I will be more than amped about this game.

# 55 SageInfinite @ 04/15/10 08:38 PM

I really hope this is a glimpse of what the camera work will be like. It would go a long way to selling the presentation.

# 56 Marino @ 04/15/10 08:39 PM
Maybe we can have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3.com and ESPNU as well as the SEC thing and ESPN on ABC. Why stop at ESPN, I say go for it all.

Looks good though.

# 57 Craig Bond93 @ 04/15/10 08:44 PM
Ncaa is going all out this year, and I love it!

# 58 J-Unit40 @ 04/15/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Maybe we can have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3.com and ESPNU as well as the SEC thing and ESPN on ABC. Why stop at ESPN, I say go for it all.

Looks good though.

Oh, stop. Now you're just being ridiculous.

I have literally lost a lot of interest in all of my other games right now. Damnit! This game has been pumped for Christmas in July!

# 59 BlueNGold @ 04/15/10 08:45 PM
Man....inching closer to putting in pre-order money for this. I'm gonna use some self-control though as I still want to see gameplay videos and play the demo but wow, they going all in this year.

# 60 statum71 @ 04/15/10 08:46 PM
This is exciting news. Can't wait to hear more. I'm hoping for a halftime show this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.