Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 cover athlete will be revealed on April 22nd. It has to be Drew Brees, right? Who do you have?

Quote:
"The Madden NFL 11 cover athlete will be revealed exclusively during a three-hour SportsCenter Special: On the Clock (starting at 4:30pm Eastern, ESPN) on April 22nd – live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City; the site of the 2010 NFL Draft."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SouthernBrick @ 04/16/10 04:43 PM
Drew Brees.

# 2 bgizle @ 04/16/10 05:07 PM

# 3 24 @ 04/16/10 05:07 PM
Probably Drew Brees but i dont want to see it happen. the madden curse will strike again

# 4 SouthernBrick @ 04/16/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
Probably Drew Brees but i dont want to see it happen. the madden curse will strike again
Probably.

Troy P got it bad last year but, Fitzgerald didn't get it as bad, almost did though. I seen a guy land on his leg and bend it back and near the end of the season(I think) and thought oh lord there it goes. Injuries happen but, I don't completely believe in a that madden curse stuff.

# 5 The Man 451 @ 04/16/10 05:30 PM
I'll be shocked if it's not Brees.

# 6 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/16/10 05:33 PM
I think brees should get it ,But it readlly dont matter.

# 7 TreyIM2 @ 04/16/10 05:41 PM
I definitely think it will be Brees but, at the same time, who knows. They could double dip, again, like last year. Brees and Peyton Manning? That would be cool.

As for the Madden curse - While it can be said that players are playing football and, yes, there are key injuries/issues/declines and such but what about the guys who have stellar years? They're NEVER on the cover the year of their great performances. Or, even, guys who just have good years without major injuries or issues? Plenty of guys have good years without such issues but are never on the cover of Madden those particular years, as well. Think about that side of things.

I think Eddie George may have had next to nothing happen to him the season he was on the cover of Madden except that bobble in the playoffs which was intercepted and returned for a TD by Ray Lewis, ironically. Well, that particular faux paus DID help cost them that playoff game, though.

# 8 SouthernBrick @ 04/16/10 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I definitely think it will be Brees but, at the same time, who knows. They could double dip, again, like last year. Brees and Peyton Manning? That would be cool.

As for the Madden curse - While it can be said that players are playing football and, yes, there are key injuries/issues/declines and such but what about the guys who have stellar years? They're NEVER on the cover the year of their great performances. Or, even, guys who just have good years without major injuries or issues? Plenty of guys have good years without such issues but are never on the cover of Madden those particular years, as well. Think about that side of things.

I think Eddie George may have had next to nothing happen to him the season he was on the cover of Madden except that bobble in the playoffs which was intercepted and returned for a TD by Ray Lewis, ironically. Well, that particular faux paus DID help cost them that playoff game, though.
I don't think there will be two players on the cover this year and even though I liked it last year I'd like it to just be one player this year for some odd reason. I'd really be surprised If it were anyone else but, Brees. (With the exception of Manning but, I don't think he'll be on the cover). Even though who ever is on the cover at the end of the day doesn't really matter I find it fun and appealing to guess who might be on the cover.

# 9 DrewsLions @ 04/16/10 06:38 PM
Good call on Brees. With all the Nawlins' hoopla and them being the sentimental favorite, Brees has to be the choice.

If not, they could probably choose Chris Johnson (he did run for 2,000+ this year).

I'd like to see them stick with the Super Bowl thing like last year (one offensive player from one team and one defensive player from the other). Maybe Brees and Freeney?

# 10 SouthernBrick @ 04/16/10 06:47 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about the CJ2K. I would love If he made it on the cover as well as Brees or Manning. I still got Brees hitting the cover but, If there had to be another player I would mind seeing a defensive player as well like Revis.

# 11 J Masta J @ 04/16/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsLions
I'd like to see them stick with the Super Bowl thing like last year (one offensive player from one team and one defensive player from the other). Maybe Brees and Freeney?
^^^This is definitely the formula they should've stayed with.

Yah, Brees/Freeney would've been great, as would Peyton and Vilma. Wish the would've kept with the concept because it was rad.

# 12 trendsetter09 @ 04/16/10 07:20 PM
Brees/Jared Allen would be pretty dope.

# 13 NoTiCe_O @ 04/16/10 08:13 PM
Brandon Marshall

WATCH!

# 14 ChampN252 @ 04/16/10 08:19 PM
I think it's Chris Johnson. With the new running system, he is the best example of how it works.

# 15 Hotlanta @ 04/16/10 08:37 PM
Wasn't the Cover Athlete strictly between Brees, Jared Allen & Reggie Wayne?

# 16 Evan_OS @ 04/16/10 08:50 PM
Brees has got it.

# 17 Evan_OS @ 04/16/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Wasn't the Cover Athlete strictly between Brees, Jared Allen & Reggie Wayne?
And yes.

# 18 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/16/10 08:53 PM
Who ever is on the cover will be cursed no matter what lol. There is no way of avoiding the curse of John Madden lmfao!!!

# 19 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/16/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
Brees has got it.
To make it fair to the final 3. Why not put all 3 on the cover this year lol. Let 3 guys be cursed for the whole entire season lol.

# 20 DrewsLions @ 04/16/10 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
To make it fair to the final 3. Why not put all 3 on the cover this year lol. Let 3 guys be cursed for the whole entire season lol.
As long as they are not Lions, put 100 players on the box... lol. We're still trying to ward off a 50 year curse thanks to Bobby Layne... we don't need Madden laying down the hex on us as well!

Oh yeah... and save the "no Lions players worth putting on the cover" response too.... I already know that. It changes this year, though!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.