Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 video, featuring close up footage.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kennethxD @ 04/19/10 05:27 PM
Looks the same xD

And also at 00:36 WTF thats terrible he turned weirdly

# 2 jorge380 @ 04/19/10 05:28 PM
Looking pretty good.

# 3 canes21 @ 04/19/10 05:29 PM
Looks better than 10, but it still needs some tweaking. The OSU receiver cut to the sideline in a weird fashion, then cut up field in a weird way too after the catch. Its still early, but it definitely looks better.

# 4 Lava @ 04/19/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethxD
Looks the same xD

And also at 00:36 WTF thats terrible he turned weirdly
I like the locomotion when Brantley attempts to cheesily scramble around the pocket.

The animation of the Clemson player doing the spin move was awful though, I hate how it warped him backwards to trigger the animation.

# 5 kennethxD @ 04/19/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I like the locomotion when Brantley attempts to cheesily scramble around the pocket.

The animation of the Clemson player doing the spin move was awful though, I hate how it warped him backwards to trigger the animation.

Yeah, I noticed that.

# 6 kennethxD @ 04/19/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
can somebody youtube this im on my iphone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxKZc87D2w

There ya go.

# 7 fsufan4423 @ 04/19/10 05:33 PM
Uhhh! I don't know...Why does everyone seem to be running from their kneecaps down?

# 8 SageInfinite @ 04/19/10 05:35 PM
Looks better than 10, but my anticipation has been tamed. I thought the locomotion would have more of an impact with how the players looked when they moved. It just looks inconsistent right now.

# 9 jorge380 @ 04/19/10 05:36 PM
Db still have eyes in back of their heads at the :33 mark.

# 10 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/19/10 05:39 PM
Overall it looks pretty but, I'm not that impressed. Hopefully it all changes when I see more.

# 11 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/19/10 05:41 PM
Locomotion has zero effect in player movement it looks like last years with a little more paint as of now. But lets hope they will fix and fine tune the running as well as the locomotion and what ever its is doing for the game IMO..

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/19/10 05:42 PM
Did anyone notice at the time 22 second through 25 second where the flordia DE went around the Gator LT without doing any kind of swim move are anything like. That same thing happens in madden 10. That is not real. They need to fix that problem. But overall it looks decent for the first video. There seems to be still alot of tuning and tweaking that needs to be done to make things right.

# 13 Pacman83 @ 04/19/10 05:43 PM
Yea, overall this is what i expected. I just hope it feels more natural on the stix. Don't expect animations to change much, even the ugly ones....like the TE catch and spin, stood out to me...i think i just don't like the spin/juke moves.

# 14 doctorhay53 @ 04/19/10 05:44 PM
That video was terrible. I mean god-awful horrible.

First, they start off with a play where a guy running full speed is knocked backwards by a guy who takes two steps before hitting him. So much for physics or momentum.

The animations look terrible and jerky, just like Madden 10. The player models are horrifically fat and ugly looking for skill players, and as has been mentioned before the TE catches a pass (from a QB on the run) 30 yards downfield without ever turning to look at it.

This is all coming from a person who actually played the heck out of '10. This video may actually be a step backwards from '10 with the things they showed IMO.

# 15 TheRunAndShoot @ 04/19/10 05:45 PM
Why to some of these WRs look like linebackers.

The locomotion looks nice but brantley got way too behind on that throw, looked like a cross between a lob and a bullet.

The ND fullback might have had the saddest attempt at a block i've ever seen.

When #18 for ND caught the TD the CB wasn't even looking at the play yet still was able to react.

#82 for Ohio state never really planted his foot on his route. Then barely planted his feet on the spin.

#11 of Illinois' spin looked horrible and his numbers are spaced out way too far.

These are things I noticed after watching the video just once. I know this is a WIP but it is very concerning.

# 16 doctorhay53 @ 04/19/10 05:47 PM
Looking at it a second time after cooling off a bit, there are some things about the locomotion system that look pretty good. However, right now the WR's cut on a dime without ever using it. That HAS to be fixed.

# 17 Solidice @ 04/19/10 05:47 PM
the spin move still looks terrible.

some of that video looks like the same footage that was in background of the locomotion video that was released earlier this month.

# 18 Bwnarrow3 @ 04/19/10 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
That is NOT what I was hoping for. That looked like '10. Jesus Christ.
I'm going to have to agree.

Don't really see a difference...

# 19 da ThRONe @ 04/19/10 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Looks better than 10, but my anticipation has been tamed. I thought the locomotion would have more of an impact with how the players looked when they moved. It just looks inconsistent right now.
Agreed there was some things I loved. And some that made me wonder.

Bad Things

The last clip with the Notre Dame player made a last year juke and the defender fell do like he was hip tossed.

Ray Smalls of tOSU is still catching the ball and turning up field like last year.

The Illinois player when he spin isnt time well and he breaks down for the spin unnaturally yet the move still works.

Good things

The OL/DL interaction seems improved.

The WR/CB interaction seems improved aswell.

The Brantley clip was a thing of beauty. The movement was natural and the ball placement in his hand almost made me cry.

The Crist clip was nice two.

# 20 TheRunAndShoot @ 04/19/10 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Did anyone notice at the time 22 second through 25 second where the flordia DE went around the Gator LT without doing any kind of swim move are anything like. That same thing happens in madden 10. That is not real. They need to fix that problem. But overall it looks decent for the first video. There seems to be still alot of tuning and tweaking that needs to be done to make things right.
Yup. Im not sure who the FSU DE is but he is built like a DT and that type of move is something that elite pass rushers might be able to pull of. but it's still very rare. I was watching some JPP gametape from USF vs. Texas Tech and he was able to do it twice.

Assuming Florida has a decent LT the FSU should never in a million years be able to pull that move off.

« Previous1234567892526Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.