Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 video, featuring close up footage.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 davep @ 04/19/10 07:59 PM
Looks alright...some things look too herky jerky, but I'm digging the tackles.

And for the record...put me in the "Don't get all jazzed from the blogs because we haven't seen it in action yet" camp. It's the same thing EVERY year...it'll happen with Madden like clockwork, guaranteed.

# 102 charga21 @ 04/19/10 07:59 PM
Where did these vids come from, were these officially leaked by EA?

# 103 djordan @ 04/19/10 08:00 PM
Where was this so called "Locomotion" they hyped up? Mfers still turning on a dime.

# 104 Travesty @ 04/19/10 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I can tell from your very recent join date that you must not be aware that this is the same cycle of events we have every year.

Pre-hype hysteria

Dev diary - blogs etc

Community proclaims beST GamE eVah!!

Subpar videos released

Community proclaims they are alpha builds, not to panic

Same members get the game early and proclaim beST GamE eVah again...released game is nothing like the videos

Hype resumes full throttle

2000 post thread on "When and where did you get it " thread

Rest of forum gets the game and notices game is exact same as video / demo etc that was reported to be " alpha build " video.

The folks that get the game earlier finally admit that maybe in their excitement they exaggerated about the game being improved.

600 post thread on "Bugs and Glitches thread"

500 post thread on " What should be in patch 1 and 2 thread "

200 post thread started on " Wishlist for 2012"

" Im done with EA and their fooball games and not buying another one" threads pop up and get locked "

Repeat cycle and just change the year.

It never fails, every year this is the pattern. Its as sure as the sun rising every morning.
Nailed it...

# 105 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 08:03 PM
they jokin right????

# 106 davep @ 04/19/10 08:04 PM
^^yep^^

And correct me if I'm wrong, but around 0:50 I think that's either a DE or DT running down a receiver. Nice.

# 107 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 08:07 PM
com'on man!!!!

# 108 Solidice @ 04/19/10 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charga21
Where did these vids come from, were these officially leaked by EA?
some of the footage were videos that were in the locomotion video. it's all from instant replay mode, which doesn't help EA either. the changes from when the vids were taken and the final product wont change much. I still would prefer to see actual game footage and not replay, though it wont make that much of a difference.

I didn't put as much hope into the locomotion as it seems most people here did though.

# 109 NoTiCe_O @ 04/19/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
As a football fan, I'm beyond frustrated. For the first time ever this year, I could not decide whether to get 2k or NBA Live. To me that was a very good thing. EA just needs some competition to push them, too bad we won't get it. Instead we have to deal with the mess you see in that video.
I know what you mean, i had the same problem, I ended up buying both Live and 2k, which was a good thing. As for EA football its like they just can't get it right. Idk how a PS2 football game is still years ahead of a 2010 next gen game, but it is. They need to hire some ppl from 2k5 to help them out.

I doubt Madden will be any better, I just want a real game a football, just the basics is all i ask for.

# 110 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 08:11 PM
they must have one hell of a presentation lined up for this game to save it!!!! NCAA FOOTBALL2K12 HURRY!!!!

# 111 edaddy @ 04/19/10 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I can tell from your very recent join date that you must not be aware that this is the same cycle of events we have every year.

Pre-hype hysteria

Dev diary - blogs etc

Community proclaims beST GamE eVah!!

Subpar videos released

Community proclaims they are alpha builds, not to panic

Same members get the game early and proclaim beST GamE eVah again...released game is nothing like the videos

Hype resumes full throttle

2000 post thread on "When and where did you get it " thread

Rest of forum gets the game and notices game is exact same as video / demo etc that was reported to be " alpha build " video.

The folks that get the game earlier finally admit that maybe in their excitement they exaggerated about the game being improved.

600 post thread on "Bugs and Glitches thread"

500 post thread on " What should be in patch 1 and 2 thread "

200 post thread started on " Wishlist for 2012"

" Im done with EA and their fooball games and not buying another one" threads pop up and get locked "

Repeat cycle and just change the year.

It never fails, every year this is the pattern. Its as sure as the sun rising every morning.
Ive been saying this for years..LOL..But you are spot on..and beleive me EA knows this they bank on it every year..

# 112 ZoneKIller @ 04/19/10 08:18 PM
Wonder if those NCAA Strategies guys have any vids of gameplay? They said they couldnt talk about it till EA released something.So maybe they can show us something now?

# 113 Palo20 @ 04/19/10 08:20 PM
I really didn't like the camera view or substance of the video. It really reminded me of the BackBreaker trailer and I'm not sure if EA felt the need to compete with that? Too many killer spin moves, jukes, and big hits for my liking in the video. I just think they chose some very arcad-y moves.

I do remember Ian saying that most of the videos are filmed on the lowest level, so we're probably seeing these jukes and spins on Freshman rather than All American.

# 114 TheKasmar @ 04/19/10 08:24 PM
On the positive side, it's nice to see referees on the field. They didn't show much presentation so I still look forward to that. These vids were probably from an early build.

The negatives are obvious. EA football games continue to be plagued by mediocre animations and movement this gen. I'm a guy who liked the PS2 era EA football more than what we currently have. The movement was just better last gen. Although, I slightly welcome Pro-Tak(fingers-crossed)

# 115 TracerBullet @ 04/19/10 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm still pretty pumped to play the game, but my excitement was a little softened by that video. There are just some weird movements going on in certain spots.

Crimsontide - that was one of the funniest posts on here in awhile. LOL. Nicely done!
Agreed with both statements.

# 116 NELL86 @ 04/19/10 08:31 PM
Not impressed at all hopefully its early but looking like last year i will see when demo come out if i dont see improvement im playing the ps2 version

# 117 LBzrule @ 04/19/10 08:38 PM
WR's still run routes too slow; DE's engage AT the line = BAD; WR's do not use their arms and hands to deal with the DB trying to jam them so they basically fall to the ground off balance = bad.

The good = locomotion.

# 118 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/19/10 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingman71
NCAA FOOTBALL 2011 WILL STILL BE A GREAT GAME. THIS IS JUST A BEGINNING STAGE OF THE GAME. THERE'S STILL 3 MONTHS LEFT UNTIL THE GAME IS RELEASED. IT LOOKS GREAT SO FAR TO BE AS EARLY AS IT IS. ONLY THING THEY REALLY NEED 2 DO IS GIVE EVERYONE THEIR RIGHT EQUIPMENT BECAUSE MARK INGRAM DOESN'T WEAR ANKLE SOCKS AND HE ALSO WEARS BLACK SPAT
Please stop yelling and please stop with the caps please.

# 119 Rashad19 @ 04/19/10 08:40 PM
This video= C'mon Son!!

# 120 coogrfan @ 04/19/10 08:40 PM
I know no one is going to want to hear this, but one of the guys who attended the community day event had this to say about the video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
With it containing the Clemson-SC vid from the first screenshot, I wonder how old this video is. I thought the game looked better in person than this video shows.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.