Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 11 video, featuring close up footage.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 09:40 PM
How come 2k accomplished....everything EA is tryin 2 do now years ago...! NCAA FOOTBALL2K12 HURRY!!!!

# 142 mgoblue678 @ 04/19/10 09:41 PM
Complete and utter crap. I hate to put it so bluntly but that is what I got from the video. Animations still look awful, twitchy and unrealistic. O-line vs d-line interaction still looks mediocre at best if your being kind with still no real pocket forming.

Proper physics and momentum still look like they don't exist and that is by far the thing that disappointed about the video the most due to all the hype about locomotion.

This video shows exactly why it was ludicrous for people to be saying the game was going be sports game of the year without even seeing any game play videos first. That didn't even remotely resemble that kind of quality.

I may love college football, but their is no way I am buying the game this year if it is drastically improved. Can't say this video gave me any confidence that will happen.

# 143 radatdude2 @ 04/19/10 09:45 PM
the vid was good, graphics and overall look of the game has been greatly improved. It's very clear though that momentum and weight have absolutely no effect on the outcome of tackles and interactions. Still canned animations show some concerns ex. the spin by the clemson player where he spins then pauses during the spin only to morph towards the defender to complete the animation! at this point that's just terrible.

# 144 mgoblue678 @ 04/19/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
the vid was good, graphics and overall look of the game has been greatly improved. It's very clear though that momentum and weight have absolutely no effect on the outcome of tackles and interactions. Still canned animations show some concerns ex. the spin by the clemson player where he spins then pauses during the spin only to morph towards the defender to complete the animation! at this point that's just terrible.
May I ask what video you were watching? What puzzles me, is you said the game has greatly improved and than list a ton of things that are still terrible, that doesn't seem logical.

Other than the lighting and player equipment there was basically nothing that looked improved in that video.

# 145 carnalnirvana @ 04/19/10 09:50 PM
after looking at it agai, there were some good points...

the d linemen didnt turn on a dime.

# 146 mtoo22 @ 04/19/10 09:51 PM
in the words of Larry Richart, Associate Designer, NCAA Football 2011

Over the past several months, we've been working hard on a new momentum-based locomotion engine that will significantly change core gameplay. Locomotion includes running, turning and cutting; basically what any player is doing for the majority of a play.

AND

Momentum is another piece of our new locomotion technology that improves the NCAA Football 11 experience. Momentum will be even more noticeable than ever by requiring players to realistically slow down before making a drastic direction change or turn. When going full speed in one direction, it's nearly impossible to stop and turn without momentum carrying you a few more steps in the original direction.

They said it, now show it, I'd like to hear everyone's comments

SOURCE : http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...n?author=Larry

# 147 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/19/10 09:51 PM
I'm sorry folks the wrong company is making these games folks....2k visual concepts have to be laughin at EA.

# 148 Thaen @ 04/19/10 09:52 PM
they almost got me, with the new features i almost posted how i am excited how good this game can be. then i see this you almost got me ea, but not this year.

# 149 whittleboy615 @ 04/19/10 09:54 PM
Color me disappointed. I was really hoping for some natural and organic running styles that actually resembled human beings more than virtual robots. How was player movement in that video any different that what we've seen since NCAA 09 and the implementation of right-stick juking?

The "ice-skating" or "sliding" motion during a foot plant isn't even the most glaring abnormality. I'm still seeing players who barely move their shoulders, hips, and upper legs when they run and can rotate 90 - 180 degrees without even leaning to the side or twisting their torso. The locomotion feature was the main reason I had hope of being excited to play this series again. I might just stick with converted PS2 rosters this year. Bummer.

# 150 frankplastictrees @ 04/19/10 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I can tell from your very recent join date that you must not be aware that this is the same cycle of events we have every year.

Pre-hype hysteria

Dev diary - blogs etc

Community proclaims beST GamE eVah!!

Subpar videos released

Community proclaims they are alpha builds, not to panic

Same members get the game early and proclaim beST GamE eVah again...released game is nothing like the videos

Hype resumes full throttle

2000 post thread on "When and where did you get it " thread

Rest of forum gets the game and notices game is exact same as video / demo etc that was reported to be " alpha build " video.

The folks that get the game earlier finally admit that maybe in their excitement they exaggerated about the game being improved.

600 post thread on "Bugs and Glitches thread"

500 post thread on " What should be in patch 1 and 2 thread "

200 post thread started on " Wishlist for 2012"

" Im done with EA and their fooball games and not buying another one" threads pop up and get locked "

Repeat cycle and just change the year.

It never fails, every year this is the pattern. Its as sure as the sun rising every morning.
Most awesome post ever.

As for the video, I'd really like to know who's bright idea it was to release it? They had the hype train rolling, but I think it's safe to say it jumped the tracks.

# 151 mtoo22 @ 04/19/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsNATION32
I'm sorry folks the wrong company is making these games folks....2k visual concepts have to be laughin at EA.
Actually, EA has to be laughing at 2K Visual Concepts, because this game sells and look what they put into it.

# 152 Lynx34 @ 04/19/10 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsNATION32
Unfortunately, I'm sure it's the other way around. EA gets to put this crap out and make millions of dollars while 2k gets crapped on for having a superior product that can't compete because of the lack of a license.

Edit: mtoo beat me to the punch on that one.

# 153 DDP24 @ 04/19/10 09:58 PM
First of all it's hard to to tell. I didn't buy last year's game because it played terrible. But honestly I couldn't read to much into it because for one,This is still NCAA Football by EA Sports. So I didn't expect it to look different. I do expect it to play different. The feel of the game as I'm playing it. Yes there will be glitches for sure, but I want to play it with the speed turned down and see these animations (which I'm kinda scared to do. Be Careful what I ask for..lol) .But I think it might be playable. Line Play is key. How does the blocking up front look ? I want the true physics of football. Imma give it a chance. I actually pre-ordered it so I can have a college football game to play while I wait for the season. If it's wack then it's wack. This is what I hate about EA videos.They're always moving so darn fast you can't really see anything. It's like they tease you , but don't tease you with the things you really want to see. Like a chick trying to tease you, and she lifts her skirt and shows you her knee.

# 154 dano562003 @ 04/19/10 09:58 PM
Not looking good.

# 155 Flightwhite24 @ 04/19/10 09:59 PM
Player models look fantastic, but some of the player movement looked 'Whacked" Still a day 1 purchase for me like every year

# 156 BroMontana82 @ 04/19/10 10:02 PM
ok think of the positive here, at least this video saves a lot of people from over-hyping this game and thinking that it's going to be great. if the finished product is completely or even moderately different, it's going to make a lot of people happy.

people get their expectations too high before playing the real game though. i almost fell for the trap this year...

terrible video to put out though. not sure what EA expected?

# 157 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/19/10 10:02 PM
I think the video looks a bit decent. I don't think the spin move was that horrible. Didn't seem too much like a warm but like an adjustment as his feet move accordingly. The footwork at the end (#37) could be a little better. It seems after every juke, his legs/feet are resetting in a result of a little bit of gliding. Looks like moving in the right direction though.

# 158 radatdude2 @ 04/19/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
May I ask what video you were watching? What puzzles me, is you said the game has greatly improved and than list a ton of things that are still terrible, that doesn't seem logical.

Other than the lighting and player equipment there was basically nothing that looked improved in that video.
my statement says "the vid was good, graphics and overall look of the game has been greatly improved."

im watching the same video you are and if you read it correctly i was merely stating the vid was good not great but good. I specifically referenced the graphics and the overall "look" of the game being improved. Then i made my assessments of gameplay

# 159 GatorChomp1 @ 04/19/10 10:06 PM
Okay guys, after I re-watched the videos, and compared the newest screen shots to the oldest screen shots and new video It seems like the video is pretty old. We know that the Oregon st. punt return video has been around since the Tebow video was released, and the UF vs FSU video is probably from the same time they released the UF vs FSU screen shots. Just my thoughts, but I'd expect gameplay videos to be better than this. Seems like they just wanted to get a video out. Too big of a discrepancy between the good stuff in it and the bad.

# 160 mgoblue678 @ 04/19/10 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
my statement says "the vid was good, graphics and overall look of the game has been greatly improved."

im watching the same video you are and if you read it correctly i was merely stating the vid was good not great but good. I specifically referenced the graphics and the overall "look" of the game being improved. Then i made my assessments of gameplay

So graphics alone constitute a good video because everything in your post assessing the gameplay was negative. Graphics don't make a good game, gameplay does.

If graphics do constitute a good video in your opinion, than I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.