Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=hoeG5jMTrEUnrDmuh5cO-oHV6RjiPfKp&height=253&width=450&deepLinkEmbedCode=hoeG5jMTrEUnrDmuh5cO-oHV6RjiPfKp">

Listen to the end of this Madden NFL 11 Drew Brees cover announcement. Sounds like Gus Johnson saying "EA Sports: It's in the game!" What do you think about it? Maybe an indication of things to come in Madden's broadcast booth?

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 frankplastictrees @ 04/22/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The possibility of this is just great, but let's get our expectations in order. He was good in the NCAA Basketball game but there wasn't a lot of dynamic commentary and it became repetitive quickly. Worst of all it sounded like he was reading a script and not calling a game.

Getting GJ in the game is just a start. It needs to be implemented properly with A LOT of dynamic commentary like NBA 2k10 The Show, and MLB 2K10. I wish they would just skip the script and record him calling games and go from there.
I'm hopeful that it'll be better, because I think the CBS presentation was something that was added late in development for NCAA Basketball. At least that's why I figured the ESPN team had more lines.

# 42 marcoyk @ 04/22/10 11:00 PM
I'm feeling some Gus!!!

# 43 statum71 @ 04/22/10 11:03 PM
I like Gus Johnson doing college basketball better than NFL. But yes, it would be an upgrade over Tom Hammond if its true.

# 44 sportzbro @ 04/22/10 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

That is ridiculous they put that in... so awesome!

# 45 CardsFan52 @ 04/23/10 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Call me a kill-joy if you want, but it doesn't matter who does the voice work - if they don't do a ton of recording it will get annoying after a month.

Now, I am all for Gus being in the game because of the enthusiasm that he brings, but enthusiasm will be no less annoying if they don't do tons more recording than they did anyone else.

Another thing I hope they do with the announcing is introduce a little "lag" for lack of a better word. I hate when you hear "he breaks a tackle and he's got room" and yet the guy just got tackled. I think it would be better to have the announcer a split second behind the action and have the game properly key the lines to what happens on the field. Just seems like a lot of times the announcing is off and perhaps a little tiny lag could help accuracy of what is really happening? Does anyone get what I mean there?
I feel ya, a lot of times I turn the sound off cause it never corresponds to whats actually happening.

# 46 SouthernBrick @ 04/23/10 03:41 AM
I can only hope they've got someone better to do the commentary. I think madden definitely needs a new voice in this game. Collinsworth just isn't making it happen.

# 47 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/23/10 03:47 AM
The part were someone is in a suit maybe this is what happens when your player gets hurt. We dont really know but it looks good to me.

# 48 streamline @ 04/23/10 04:06 AM
God I can only imagine the amount of commentary that Gus is gunna adlib. Give him the situation, team down by a td with a minute left. They throw a bomb and tie up the game I can only imagine the screams of excitement that I will be hearing. DONT MESS THIS UP EA. If anything just put in the soundboard for Gus Johnson and make the commentary as such. Let Gus be Gus and don't give him any scripted material.

# 49 Bellsprout @ 04/23/10 04:07 AM
A) That's Gus. I would bet large sums on it.

B) I see no way they have Gus without the CBS presentation. Maybe wishful thinking, but that's the way I see it.

I am so psyched to hear more.

# 50 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Yes and he had the best call of the 2009-2010 season.

That pick looked like APF2K8 more than Madden. I hope they can emulate that level of excitement in the broadcasting.

# 51 Bellsprout @ 04/23/10 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Yes and he had the best call of the 2009-2010 season.

Lol at the other guy saying Leon Hall probably could've picked it off. No chance.

# 52 jjazwick @ 04/23/10 09:59 AM
Gus Johnson + CBS Presentation = Madden NFL 11 Greatness!!!

# 53 nuckles2k2 @ 04/23/10 10:35 AM
As soon as I hear the name Gus Johnson the first thing that pops into my head is "Watch out!!! He's got get away from the cops speed!!!" and that insane yell he did at the end of UCLA and Gonzaga. Dude wears his emotions on his sleeves.

I LOVE this addition if it actually happens. But they've got to let him go all out don't try to reign him in.

# 54 rangerrick012 @ 04/23/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
A) That's Gus. I would bet large sums on it.

B) I see no way they have Gus without the CBS presentation. Maybe wishful thinking, but that's the way I see it.

I am so psyched to hear more.
Same way they had Hammond and Collinsworth without NBC presentation, Madden and Michaels w/o MNF presentation all those years, etc. The commentator doesn't dictate what network presentation there will be is what I'm trying to say.

# 55 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 04/23/10 11:13 AM
Gus would be a big improvement. Anything...would be...better....than...Tom...Hammond.

# 56 Motown @ 04/23/10 11:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think Gus is narrating this clip:

# 57 Danimal @ 04/23/10 11:29 AM
He is in, no need to speculate anymore. See the Gamespot video thread you can hear him.

# 58 Bellsprout @ 04/23/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Same way they had Hammond and Collinsworth without NBC presentation, Madden and Michaels w/o MNF presentation all those years, etc. The commentator doesn't dictate what network presentation there will be is what I'm trying to say.
I don't think they would change it unless they were doing something big. And the only something big I can think of is network integration.

# 59 MattIntellect @ 04/23/10 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I don't think they would change it unless they were doing something big. And the only something big I can think of is network integration.
I feel the same way. Besides, they have Drew Brees dressed up in a suit before the game, players walking around the locker room, and in-game audio of the huddle before the game starts (probably for certain teams). It would be a let down for a network-inspired presentation package to not be included with all of these enhancements.

# 60 oneamongthefence @ 04/23/10 10:37 PM
Remember folks, good writing goes a long way when it comes to commentary. Also the game must realize what the appropriate line to say at certain times.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.