Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

For those that like to skip over the Madden NFL 11 press release, here is something worth noting.

Madden NFL 11 will redefine videogame football for both veteran and rookie players by providing a Simpler, Quicker and Deeper experience:
  • Simpler: Call plays like an NFL coach with ease using an all-new play-calling system, GameFlow, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
  • Quicker: The new play-calling system will enable players to spend more time on the field and less in the playbook - completing games in half of the time.
  • Deeper: Madden NFL 11 is feature-rich, with improved animations and control options, enhanced online functionality, and new broadcast and audio presentation that delivers the NFL experience fans have come to expect.

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RaiderKtulu @ 04/22/10 12:32 PM
I have a really bad feeling about this.

Playcalling is already pretty fast if you have a clue about what you want to do. Making it any quicker almost has to mean that they're going to do something stupid and eliminate the ability to actually call our plays... like it'll be a forced Ask Madden mode only based loosely on our gameplan. Not cool.

They need to quit worrying about the quick tournament crap and just let the game be what it is. Football is not a "quick" sport. You can play a game with 15 minute quarters in about 90 minutes. That's half the time of a real game. It doesn't need to be any faster. Put in-game saves in for the people who lack free time, and leave it the heck alone.

# 22 rynecandy @ 04/22/10 12:36 PM
I really hope when they talk about audio presentation, they aren't just going to put back in custom stadium sounds and call it a day. Making a bullet point of something they already had in previous current generation games...already bad enough they hype of features that was in the PS2 versions.

# 23 OG_McNabb @ 04/22/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Playcalling is already pretty fast if you have a clue about what you want to do. Making it any quicker almost has to mean that they're going to do something stupid and eliminate the ability to actually call our plays... like it'll be a forced Ask Madden mode only based loosely on our gameplan. Not cool.

They need to quit worrying about the quick tournament crap and just let the game be what it is. Football is not a "quick" sport. You can play a game with 15 minute quarters in about 90 minutes. That's half the time of a real game. It doesn't need to be any faster. Put in-game saves in for the people who lack free time, and leave it the heck alone.
I wish they would bring in-game saves back.
The new play call system will probably be something similar to scripting your plays.

# 24 roadman @ 04/22/10 12:45 PM
Quote:

I'm not as worried as you are.

The CD folks said that Madden is aiming for more sim, so, I don't feel they are gunning for the tourney crowd, plus, I haven't seen it displayed, yet.

I'll wait and see before I comment.

# 25 huskerwr38 @ 04/22/10 12:46 PM
Quote:

You know...I think you may be right on this one, I have a feeling that it will be like that. Something like where the computer calls the plays based on your previous play calling style and the situation. There won't even be a huddle or anything, just running play after play like in practice mode.

I mean what else can it be?

# 26 boomhauertjs @ 04/22/10 12:53 PM
Cutting game time in half would be a big appeal to me. I have a difficult time getting an hour or more to play 1 game.

# 27 BlueNGold @ 04/22/10 12:58 PM
Well, it should be really, really interesting to see what the deal is with this simpler, quicker playcalling. HOPEFULLY things don't get dumbed down. Maybe the playcalling is like that old Madden 06 Eagles/Giants trailer?

BTW anyone notice how the ESPN article about Brees being on the cover uses that fake Brees cover that's been posted here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5125018

# 28 Jukeman @ 04/22/10 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Well, it should be really, really interesting to see what the deal is with this simpler, quicker playcalling. HOPEFULLY things don't get dumbed down. Maybe the playcalling is like that old Madden 06 Eagles/Giants trailer?

BTW anyone notice how the ESPN article about Brees being on the cover uses that fake Brees cover that's been posted here?
Yea, I didnt think the "old" play book was deep in the first place, there was only like two plays that actually work...people Ive played with didnt spend more than 10 sec selecting plays and then the accl clocked kicked in....Im curious...

edit- Come to thing of it, I dont think they did anything to the plays, just the way the display is set up...Before going with the beginner playcalling system, Ive spent more time going threw formations than actual plays...

# 29 BrianFifaFan @ 04/22/10 01:03 PM
I'm hoping the streamlined play calling is where they bring up proper down and distance plays based off of the actual coaches playbooks. I use Ask Madden a lot and too many times the plays don't make a lot of sense or look like Marvin Lewis would actually call. Even as John Madden calls, they didn't really fit anything that made good football sense, so I'd end up in the main playbook anyway. It would be cool to be able to script the first 20 plays, though. I'd really enjoy that....

# 30 Jukeman @ 04/22/10 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm hoping the streamlined play calling is where they bring up proper down and distance plays based off of the actual coaches playbooks. I use Ask Madden a lot and too many times the plays don't make a lot of sense or look like Marvin Lewis would actually call. Even as John Madden calls, they didn't really fit anything that made good football sense, so I'd end up in the main playbook anyway. It would be cool to be able to script the first 20 plays, though. I'd really enjoy that....
I think thats what "GameFlow" might be..

# 31 LBzrule @ 04/22/10 01:09 PM
Quote:

Don't knock it yet. It might be pretty good

# 32 LBzrule @ 04/22/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I think it's going to be pretty nice if it has depth. If it does not have depth then ehhh

# 33 43Chargers4Now @ 04/22/10 01:17 PM
Another year, another catch phrase.
I wonder what next year's will be?

# 34 Jukeman @ 04/22/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Chargers4Now
Another year, another catch phrase.
I wonder what next year's will be?
Hopefully either something that has to do with Franchise mode or OL/DL/3-4 D..

# 35 Only1LT @ 04/22/10 01:28 PM
Could simpler playcalling mean that they are doing away with completely designed plays and are using a 2K like system where you pick coverage, blitz, and fronts separately?

Naaaaahhhh lol. Just wishful thinking.

# 36 pb4201 @ 04/22/10 02:03 PM
How hard is it for sports games to add in-game saves????

It must be like rocket science because EA rarely adds this feature to their games.

Instead they're more worried about a catchy marketing phrase!!

# 37 SouthernBrick @ 04/22/10 02:21 PM
I wonder what the new audio sounds like. Probably still horrible but, I'll wait and see on this one. Also when I'm picking a play It usually doesn't take me more than 15-20 seconds(pending on acc clock) and that is me taking a long time. I don't see how they can speed it up anymore unless It's for the players that don't have a good idea about what their picking.

# 38 Palo20 @ 04/22/10 02:21 PM
Play Calling sounds a lot like this Gameplan Idea:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...plan-idea.html

I'm looking forward to seeing how this is implemented.

Also, since NCAA Football has already acknowledged double team blocks, I'm assuming Madden will have the same, and hopefully it will have a workable 3-4 this year.

# 39 dmick4324 @ 04/22/10 02:25 PM
Everything seems very intriguing. The only thing I'm worried about is the words deeper and franchise mode not being associated with each other in the bullet point.

# 40 SouthernBrick @ 04/22/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Play Calling sounds a lot like this Gameplan Idea:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...plan-idea.html

I'm looking forward to seeing how this is implemented.

Also, since NCAA Football has already acknowledged double team blocks, I'm assuming Madden will have the same, and hopefully it will have a workable 3-4 this year.
That is IF(and that is a BIG IF) they actually get them to trigger on a consistent basis. They had it for M10 but, they hardly ever trigger just like a stiff arm animation(you hardly ever see it). I seen more hurdles in one M10 game(not supposed to happen often) than the core things of the game that are supposed to take place on a more consistent basis.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.