Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Just wanted to post the Madden NFL 11 rookie ratings here, for easy viewing. I'll update as they happen. You can follow along LIVE at the Official Madden NFL 11 website. What are your thoughts?

#1 Rams: Sam Bradford - Overall 80
#2 Lions: Ndamukong Suh - Overall 85
#3 Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy - Overall 84
#4 Redskins: Trent Williams - Overall 79
#5 Chiefs: Eric Berry - Overall 85
#6 Seahawks: Russell Okung - Overall 82
#7 Browns: Joe Haden - Overall 79
#8 Raiders: Rolando McClain - Overall 79
#9 Bills: C.J. Spiller - Overall 79
#10 Jaguars: Tyson Alualu - Overall 69
#11 49ers: Anthony Davis - Overall 75
#12 Chargers: Ryan Mathews - Overall 77
#13 Eagles: Brandon Graham - Overall 78
#14 Seahawks: Earl Thomas - Overall 81
#15 Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul - Overall 79
#16 Titans: Derrick Morgan - Overall 79
#17 49ers: Mike Iupati - Overall 84
#18 Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey - Overall 76
#19 Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon - Overall 75
#20 Texans: Kareem Jackson - Overall 70
#21 Bengals: Jermaine Gresham - Overall 78
#22 Broncos: Demaryius Thomas - Overall 74
#23 Packers: Bryan Bulaga - Overall 78
#24 Cowboys: Dez Bryant - Overall 80
#25 Broncos: Tim Tebow - Overall 70
#26 Cardinals: Dan Williams - Overall 76
#27 Patriots: Devin McCourty - Overall 74
#28 Dolphins: Jared Odrick - Overall 76
#29 Jets: Kyle Wilson - Overall 76
#30 Lions: Jahvid Best - Overall 74
#31 Colts: Jerry Hughes - Overall 74
#32 Saints: Patrick Robinson - Overall 75

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jeremym480 @ 04/25/10 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Does anyone know when the full ratings came out last year?
I don't remember exactly. But IIRC, they started releasing one team per division M-T and a highlight video (of that division) on Friday sometime shortly after the draft.

# 102 MeanMrMustard @ 04/25/10 06:13 PM
Those actually aren't as bad as I was expecting when I heard they were gonna use fan voting. Are they really *that* out of line with the draft classes that EA used last year? You could usually get a guy who's 75, 76, 77 OVR at the end of the first round.

And many of these guys are expected to start week one. I realize the draft is a crap shoot, but I don't think this is any worse than guys have been overrated in years past. Differences in potential will help separate the top 5, 10 picks from the rest of the class.

# 103 LBzrule @ 04/25/10 06:19 PM
^^ I don't think it is as bad as some people are making it either. I just don't think Bradford should be an 80 given QB is one of the toughest transitions to make. However, Bradford does stand a chance to have some success because the Rams have a very strong rushing attack. His problem is going to be WR. Brandon Gibson can ball and Avery has the speed to get separation and make plays although not a big body.

With that being said, I do think there are many discrepancies in how he rates players. He will make one guy in Madden faster than another guy, when in real life it is the exact opposite. Those are the type of things I think he needs to clean up. He will make guys more agile and beastly Madden athletes, but in real life they might be just average, cough cough, Taylor Mays.

# 104 I Peench @ 04/25/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
potential shouldnt even be in the game! in the right system, with the right coaches, with enough luck to stay healthy, etc... anyone can become good. Why not revert back to old way of progression where anyone can become gold and anyone can become dust. with what we have now tebow WILL throw more INT's than TD's and still progress, even losing every game, and throwing 25 INT's to 10 TD's...he will still progress for the better part of his career. And say John Skelton throws 30 TD's and 12 INT's for 5 straight years... because he was drafted in the 5th (?) he wont be able to get passed a 76 or whatever potential they give him
Bravo. I feel the same way. They need coaches to really matter, as should the system.

# 105 LBzrule @ 04/25/10 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I have to say that I hated what they did to the ratings this past year. I thought that the addition of position specific ratings was clearly gonna be the way to differentiate players and that "physical gifts" like THP, SPD, ACC, JMP, and AGI would be rated according to what we see on Sundays and for rookies a kind of consensus between their college careers and the combine/proday numbers!

Having 80 speed WRs, when the WRs run routes like my grandma anyway is absolutely horrible!

As it is a 90 spd wr with 95 route running looks like he is speed walking to his cut point and doesn't "sell" anything but just kinda half @$$ cuts. 3 step drop routes take even great WRs 5 step drops before they hit their cut point and that is if BnR is not being played.

BnR needs to be seriously reworked by the way. If the Cb has a 70 something press rating and the WR has a 90 something release rating the BnR should be almost completely ineffective every time! And even when the two ratings are close there should be times when the WR gets off clean, times when there is a minor impedance, and times when the DB gets a good bump. As it stands in M10 any DB can really disrupt any WR in BnR and if you watch NFL football even the best press CBs fail to get a good bump on occasion. Totally needs to be reworked, re-animated, and dependent upon the ratings!!!
BNR has to based on more than just ratings. If I have Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, Tony G or any big body TE who is a polished route runner out wide, no CB should be able to press him; not with that size and strength advantage. The problem in the game is that there is a press animation for CB's but the WR's/TE's do not use their off hand to 1) either keep the CB at bay or 2) knock him on his a$$; all the while simultaneously moving forward.

# 106 seriousluboy83 @ 04/25/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
BNR has to based on more than just ratings. If I have Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, Tony G or any big body TE who is a polished route runner out wide, no CB should be able to press him; not with that size and strength advantage. The problem in the game is that there is a press animation for CB's but the WR's/TE's do not use their off hand to 1) either keep the CB at bay or 2) knock him on his a$$; all the while simultaneously moving forward.

The problem IMO is that they don't think the gm in a realistic manner...the press animations are overpowering for all CB's and the release animations for all WR's are bogus...they get to wrapped up into seeing a CB like Revis lock-up Ochocinco and they think every CB can do it...VICTIMS OF THE MOMENT...hell are there even any different WR release types???IMO we need mulitiple CB press animations and mulitiple WR release animations...and a ratio standard 3:1 a 95 PRS CB handles a 75 RLS WR

# 107 MeanMrMustard @ 04/25/10 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
^^ I don't think it is as bad as some people are making it either. I just don't think Bradford should be an 80 given QB is one of the toughest transitions to make. However, Bradford does stand a chance to have some success because the Rams have a very strong rushing attack. His problem is going to be WR. Brandon Gibson can ball and Avery has the speed to get separation and make plays although not a big body.
Very true. I almost feel like QBs should be given a lower rating than other positions starting out by default. The position just has such a high rate of failure.

# 108 LBzrule @ 04/25/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
I agree that it should also be a mistake to try to man handle a TE with a CB, but if you have a big bodied SS that is good in press or a physical LB, I mean I remember a game Colts vs Patriots where the Pats just man handled D. Clark and really took him out of the passing game by hitting him on every play with a LBer or Saftey, now obviously that would require having LBs or a safety who could do that but it has to be ratings based and get away from this any DB can totally disrupt any receiver's route just cuz you called BnR!!!
Yeah but that's the thing. There are really no good press SS's or LB's. That's why guys like Gates are very difficult to deal with and teams often times bracket him. The Pats took Clark out of the game because they bracketed him with more than one player. You are rarely going to find one guy on defense that is going to get the job done. ON defense you should be forced to give up something when dealing with these types of players. That's essentially what Bellicheck does. He takes away X and lives with you taking Y.

# 109 LBzrule @ 04/25/10 10:52 PM
Quote:
Again, I agree with you and that is why I think that we need last gen pre-snap D controls so you could BnR a PITA like Gates and BnR him individually and force your opponent to make plays somewhere else!

I used to play this jerk that had R. Moss, so what I would do (PS2) is BnR him with a LB and double him with Safety and roll the single high free safety to his side. Now if this jerk knew how to do anything but throw the deep ball he would have easily tore up the rest of my D because I concentrated so much on Moss, but as it were he did not and would routinely mop the floor with this guy.
I actually made that guy a better Madden player because I forced him to learn how to do other things on offense and I miss the strategy part of Madden that no longer is there, mostly because of the limited options on Defense. Defense is where I shine, both in stick skills and strategy, but this gen makes playing D suck!

I guess you and I are both looking at the same thing, wanting the same thing - more strategy within the game and ratings to mean more, I think we are just coming to the table from different points of view!
I think we are wanting the same thing but just expressing it differently. In order for both of us to get what we want and not have defense completely hosed though, I think they need to have shading coverage by the CB's inside and outside. This is also another reason why basic press coverage is too strong. If someone plays head up on a good WR but that WR is trying to get inside, he should use his off arm and keep the CB at bay and release inside. Now if he is trying to release outside he should use his inside arm and do the same thing. But if the CB lines up inside and the WR is trying to run inside, then that's when the CB should get a better press. And if he is going to play inside then he should try to get on the inside hip of the WR and ride it.

If he shades outside same thing. Get on the outside hip and ride it. If the WR releases inside though he better have some help or else it should get completed.

If he is playing off and inside then he should be in a position to jump the inside route. If he is playing off and outside, he should give up just about everything inside. Better have some help inside or else it should be complete.

Now everything changes on auto-motion routes. For example, even if you have him playing inside because the WR is in motion and hiding and releasing behind other players then he can't get inside.

# 110 ruffdhc @ 04/26/10 09:27 PM
i really think that donny needs to simplify the ratings in to different tears and the man athletic ratings never change in one year. skill ratings can but not in one week, more like in a month's time. and players build should take more importance in the game than it does. Build= weight, height, and other physical aspects.

# 111 seriousluboy83 @ 04/26/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax(FlowLyfe)

where'd you find this picture at

# 112 SouthernBrick @ 04/26/10 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax(FlowLyfe)
Tell me where you found this. IMMEDIATELY!

Just jokin but, really where did you find this and was there all 32 1st round rookies or just a few or something?

# 113 seriousluboy83 @ 04/26/10 10:52 PM
^^^Yea figured that...just checking

# 114 Palo20 @ 04/26/10 11:24 PM
My thoughts on the bump and run:

--The CB "win" animation takes too long
--The WR "win" needs more animations
--A decent bump from the CB can simply be getting one hand on the WR and re-routed just a little
--Sometimes CBs play "press" and just mirror the receiver, they don't always make contact.
--Madden 10 had way too much bump coverage called. In the NFL, I'd say the majority of the time the CB is about 7 yards off, sometimes even 10 depending on the situation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.