Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/23/10 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Didn't see ESPN, CBS, FOX, NBC broadcast elements...
I'm sure they are saving all that for later on. No worries for now.

# 42 TreyIM2 @ 04/23/10 01:13 AM
Oh, boy. I didn't finish - What I was then going to say was how I realized it was Gus Johnson's voice in the trailer and how he sounded weaksauce. The rest, eh, I don't care to repeat.

# 43 Bgamer90 @ 04/23/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
. Like it or not,what we just seen gameplay wise,is going to be what we are getting at release (imo)
That's the thing though... there wasn't much actual in-game gameplay in the vid to show off animations well.

The trailer was more so showing of the gameflow feature.

This trailer (IMO) should be used as more of a way to talk about gameflow's implementation than anything else (especially not how the game as a whole will be)...

That's just me though I guess.

# 44 Kramer5150 @ 04/23/10 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal
Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see an NFL 2K5-like Madden NFL game. Is it possible? Sure it's possible, but they aren't going down that route.
With the current engine (or whatever they like to call it) I don't believe it's possible.
EA/Tiburon's "idea" of blocking is suction,and keeping said player "locked" until the animation plays out. It (unfortunately) has been this way from the ps2/xbox days and still continues till the present.

# 45 The.Nacirema.Dream @ 04/23/10 01:16 AM
Instead of overreacting like a bunch of high school girls, let us actually break down what happened in the trailer clip by clip to get a true understanding of the trailer:

1st clip: New gameflow feature looks promising, depending on the intelligence of its implimentation. I like the idea of hearing the coach speaking into a headset. Disappointed in the blocking, as it looks as if "big on big" blocking is again being utilized. Didn't have a problem with Drew Brees slightly moving out of the pocket. Was it necessary? No. But it was not the catastrophe everyone is making it out to be. Pierre Thomas actually staying in-bounds with an appropriate sideline catching animation was a breathe of fresh air. Didnt' like the way Colston came off the line after his motion, and it seemed as if the DB's still "traced" the WR's route, but it is hard to say for sure from one clip.

2nd clip: In my opinion the best looking clip of the trailer. I liked the little high-step/slow down animation showing off the new dual-stick control, and the shimmy was nice also. The part that stuck out though was after his slight cut back to the left he had to push off that outside foot again to start going upfield again. In my view it looked very smooth. One slight negative was the defender's reaction to the move, as it seemed to be that same "oh lay" animation as in madden 10, but it is hard to say for sure.

This is taking longer than I expected and I guess I am too tired to finish with the other few clips, but all-in-all I thought it was an improvement. I will say though that the pass blocking in the 1st clip was disappointing.

Oh yea, Gus Johnson is a serious upgrade, and the subtle equipment detailes really did make a big difference. Now I understand why people were so up in arms about variable sock length

# 46 Nza @ 04/23/10 01:16 AM
I think they've hit a wall for this generation when it comes to animations and 'feel'. I doubt we're going to see much of a difference between future Maddens and M10 in these departments, maybe not even on the next systems as right now the limiting factor IMO is skillset of the developer.

What they need to do is make the AI very good, franchise mode great and really focus on the smaller details, but the writing is on the wall with EA - online, online, online. EA would rather spend development time implementing Facebook in Madden than focus on good CPU AI.

# 47 Behindshadows @ 04/23/10 01:16 AM
A few screenshots for those that care...

# 48 kl2bad @ 04/23/10 01:17 AM
what the...... it looks like reggie bush is high stepping b4 the jukes. this is jus not natural enough

# 49 johnnyg713 @ 04/23/10 01:19 AM
also did not seem like OL/DL interaction was improved at all

# 50 SouthernBrick @ 04/23/10 01:19 AM
I expected the trailer to be a little better than that. Pretty boring.

I thought the jukes and running looked more grounded which is good but, overall not a very good upgrade at all. Still seen a lot of sliding with the ball carrier.

# 51 TracerBullet @ 04/23/10 01:19 AM
Didn't phase me one way or the other.

# 52 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
A few screenshots for those that care...
Nice work, and LOVE the avatar. One of my favorite SouthPark episodes!

Respect my authori-TI!

# 53 Pacman83 @ 04/23/10 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I would rather have a blog about the new presentation with Gus Johnson than a crappy trailer that doesn't explain anything.

The complete lack of attention to OFFLINE FRANCHISE mode is really bothering me.

Should we remind them that this is DRAFT WEEKEND?!

How about this -

Gus Johnson - "And all new Franchise Mode presentation and logic with all the emotion of the NFL season from big trades, free agency and The NFL Draft " cue Roger Goodell ->

"With the first pick of the 2011 NFL Draft"

The Draft commands PRIME TIME TV now... Why doesn't it command PRIME TIME attention from the devs?
Franchise info coming later...didn't they just get Josh last year? At this point nothing has been really explained in depth, and franchise is pretty detailed, so no surprise.

BTW when was the 1st info on franchise last year?

# 54 hokupguy @ 04/23/10 01:21 AM
thats preview trailer and the 1st one? it looks and sounds like a god damm power point presentation...

# 55 Goffs @ 04/23/10 01:22 AM
it wasnt that bad compared to the NCAA gameplay vid...still want to see more of the OL/DL interaction...

# 56 TreyIM2 @ 04/23/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
What I don't get is that nobody was really complaining about the game being too long so why are we getting this heavy focus on making the game quicker & simpler? I hope they're not using the same play calling screen from last year. It looks like they're using the same score overlay from last year. Come on EA just use TV style broacasting & spice things up a bit. Madden can't possibly let NCAA have better presentation than them can they? Are we at least gonna get a Monday Night Football presentation in franchise mode?
I have actually been wondering if anyone has complained about game lengths, myself, but I'm not really a big onliner so, eh. I play on 7min qtrs against the CPU but 5 min when playing friends online or at my house. Time doesn't bother me. IT'S FOOTBALL!! lol

# 57 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
What I don't get is that nobody was really complaining about the game being too long so why are we getting this heavy focus on making the game quicker & simpler?
Note quite true, there are players asking for in game saves. No word on that though. Seems like there's a disconnect between product management and the consumer, even with devs on the forums.

# 58 monkeybutlerz @ 04/23/10 01:26 AM
What the hell was going on with Colston once the ball was snapped? Where are the improved physics and locomotion?

# 59 Palo20 @ 04/23/10 01:28 AM
--While I understand that EA is trying to cater to the casual fan through a simpler, quicker experience, I just don't think that slogan is great for marketing. Is the casual fan now gonna play Madden because they told him that it's faster and simpler? Not really sure.

When the casual fan picks up Madden, they may want it to be simpler and quicker, but I don't think telling them is going to make them play.

I just find it a bit disturbing that the marketing team at EA chose simpler and faster as the most important slogans for the year.

--The Madden and NCAA videos we've seen are showing way too many spin moves. How many times do we actually see spins in real life. I'd rather just see some really nice, smooth cuts from the dual control system.

--On the bright side, I think this gameplan feature will be pretty cool, especially if we can create and edit our own gameplans--hopefully with create a playbook too.

--The Sideline catch was nice

--OL/DL looked pretty much the same. The Colts' DEs ran right into the OTs. Top DEs like Freeney may be a non-factor again this year.

# 60 johnnyg713 @ 04/23/10 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
What the hell was going on with Colston once the ball was snapped? Where are the improved physics and locomotion?
Seriously! I mean come on... I'm not one to complain but they said it would account for EVERYONE on the field. So far it only looks like it applies to ball carriers. Even the way drew brees back peddled out of the pocket like that?!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.