Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Pacman83 @ 04/23/10 04:11 AM
Lol @ this thread.

# 102 Kramer5150 @ 04/23/10 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Culp
Here's a realistic expectation. That Ian Cummings will be crying about all people who are taking a dump on his game after Madden 11 is released.
Unfortunately I don't believe that will be the case.
It seems that this series will always have a loyal following no matter what is released.

The sad part of it all,to the little "johnny's" this game is the cat's meow,and will always appeal to someone.
I'm done dealing with mediocrity to get my football "fix".

# 103 Valdarez @ 04/23/10 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Ugh, it looks like a friggin PS2 game. And, simpler? REALLY?!? It's like they're trying to piss us off.
No, but they are trying to convince us that a feature that was tailor made for new users (their casual fan base) is for the hardcore sim players. That's a line this fish ain't biting. Mark my words. Watch the tweats/blogs/posts in the days to come.

# 104 monkeybutlerz @ 04/23/10 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Lol wow... No need to get so uptight.

All I'm saying is that I feel people should have close to final judgements of the game based on more videos showing more situations. I don't get how people can say that the fundamentals of the game are the same when the trailer showed pratically 6 seconds of actual gameplay with the rest showing off the gameflow feature.

That's all Im saying and no... I don't turn anything negative to postive. I have a pretty big wishlist for 11 so I do have issues with the game.

I guess I'm just not one to jump to conclusions so fast & early.
Sure there wasn't a huge sample size to draw from, but people were able to easily find obvious flaws reoccurring from past iterations of the game (not a good sign). They selected what video to show us and they present us with a snippet where Colston is warping all over the place right after the snap. It doesn't take the eye of Sherlock Holmes to notice this.

# 105 MattIntellect @ 04/23/10 05:00 AM
I think a lot of people are overreacting because I saw a lot more positive things than bad in that video.
  1. The running animations are much more improved
  2. The sideline catches looks much improved
  3. Fans are more realistic (Something that I suspected earlier)
  4. New Commentary! Gus Johnson is in the game!

There's also more.

# 106 Tengo Juego @ 04/23/10 05:34 AM
The raw footage tid-bits you see in the 30 minute special were a lot better than the stuff you see in the trailer. The footage is also probably all late alpha-early beta.

Locomotion isn't looking exactly how I pictured it. But I'll continue to reserve judgment until I get my hands on the demo. Locomotion is a "feel for yourself" thing.

Also, did anyone see Phil Frazier?! He lost a ton of weight. I didn't even recognize him with the glasses until they introduced him.

# 107 rudyjuly2 @ 04/23/10 06:10 AM
Looks good. Too hard to tell from a quick video.

# 108 MaddenFranchise10 @ 04/23/10 06:37 AM
Looks exactly like '10. The rushing animation looks stiff and robotic once again. I think I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin, I see no improvements worth $65 over last year's iteration.

The only way to truly improve Madden is to overhaul or replace the game engine. Pre-rendered animations are ugly and stiff, and make the game boring after a short while. But it's a lot to do when you have to release a new game every year. Only extreme optimists would expect any worthwhile change year-to-year. It's financially beneficial to make changes in small increments. It makes it easier to market a yearly re-release of what is essentially the same core gameplay.

# 109 rudygay @ 04/23/10 07:12 AM
this trailer was footage from madden 10,because madden 11 will be madden 10 with more canned animations.

only hope for us(realistic gameplay lovers) is with no doubt 2012(hope is not the end of the world)

# 110 johnprestonevans @ 04/23/10 07:27 AM
Madden 11 scares me. I want to reserve judgement until I get to play the demo, but im not encouraged by this mantra to be speedup and simplify the game. Football is not meant to be played in 30 minutes unless you are playing in the arcade. I really have to question the focus this year. I want more emotion, authenticity and atmosphere between the whistles - not less. : (

It almost feels like they couldnt get it right so instead of improving the presentation, they decided to cut it out. Look at Madden 11's tagline - "its Simpler, Quicker and Deeper." Personally I liked the "Everything you see on Sunday" mantra they employed last year a lot better. Even if it wasnt pulled off.

Simpler - really? I hope they dont dumb it down too much. Quicker - really?? They just slowed it down last year to play more realistically. Deeper - really??? Isnt that the exact opposite of "Simpler"? Does anyone else sense the muddled focus here?

This is a definate wait and see for me.

# 111 JMD @ 04/23/10 07:31 AM
My biggest problem with Madden on the next gen is the way the players move. It just does not look realistic to me. They still look jerky and robotic. After seeing the Backbreaker Trailer and how beautifully smooth that game looks in motion, Madden may end up being a thing of the past for me. Have to wait until some franchise info comes out to see if Madden 11 will be worth the purchase. What I've seen so far, and that's not much has not peeked my interest yet.

# 112 WFColonel56 @ 04/23/10 07:35 AM
lo I just read the 1st page and some people cant be pleased. Reggie Bush looked great. And (start herm edwards voice) HELLO (end herm edwards voice) it is still april.....they still are tuning the OL. The LOCO looked good to me. Some people expect way too much from a game. They can only show so much in a video you have to play the game

# 113 Crimsontide27 @ 04/23/10 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Mainly because there is 60 million + people out there that madden no matter what. It is really hard to convince that many people to stop buying madden because a few thousands people on a few websites are unhappy about the way the way madden is every year. That is the honest truth. We fans on the OS site make up a very small fraction of people who buy madden every year. It looks like the other 60+ millioon are happy no matter what.
You cant honestly think that Madden has EVER had 60+ million players. If you combined every Madden released since the early 90s, added in all the 2k , Gameday, Sports talk football, Bill Walsh, NFL Fever etc players...and added every game sold it would not even come remotely close to 60 million.

# 114 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/23/10 07:55 AM
The Locomotion definitely looks good to me. It's visible in many players, I especially saw it in a few LBs perusing Reggie and also, in Reggie alone in his last run. The running moves, set up moves, and spins/jukes/cuts looks really good COMPARED to Madden 10. I think some are just nit picking because it is definitely an improvement of what so many people complained about. Sure it's not 'THERE' yet but I think for what most have been asking, it looks pretty good to be in the Alpha stage. I think it'll definitely change how we plan and make it a bit more fun. The 1 play system seems like it can be cool and since it seems it's an OPTION, I like the idea. I'm pretty impressed with the trailer based on root level improvements that seem to be done.

# 115 K_GUN @ 04/23/10 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal
Honestly, I get a weird vibe from EA that they're trying to market Madden like Microsoft is marketing Windows 7.

"Make my PC simpler. I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea."

I think they've moved their target market to males perhaps 25-35, rather than 15-25 like it has mostly been years before.
I].

I mean, think of it this way. When has any diehard Madden fan every complained about games taking too long or anything? It's mostly been the casual guys who have more going on in their lives. Madden NFL 11, from what we have seen, has clearly bent over backwards to simply take Madden NFL 10 and turn it into a more social and casual experience rather than a sim experience.

I think EA should use this tagline in one of their Madden NFL 11 commercials (along the lines of the Windows 7 ads).

"I'm a husband - and Madden 11 was my idea."
hahaha-lol.....this is me...very funny

(PS...i own a mac)

# 116 Crimsontide27 @ 04/23/10 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Ok, are you all going to vacate the area now or what, lol? We get it, you dont like, you aint buying, nothing left for you here honestly.

I'm not suggesting anything to anyone that I wouldn't do myself. Example, I was amped for don kings prizefighter at one point in time. Frequented the official forums daily. Once I got a look at the game in motion and later got my hands on it, I was ghost from the prizefighter forums. There was nothing left for me there.

Simple. I spoke my piece on how the game wasn't my style, then I bounced never to return again. Sites for a specific game are pretty much sites for fans of the game. If you dont like the game, you state your opinions and that should be it. Whats the point in hanging around?

Not to mention, a couple of you all are probably on the verge of catching warnings or bans because you're tip toeing the line. If I see it, I know the mods see it. Speak you're piece and make haste out of the area.

I still love ya'll though, lol. All is well.

Ill bite on this.

We are here because if we wish to play a NFL football game, this is the only choice we have. Now, back in the 2k vs Madden days forum members would jump forums to talk trash about this or that when it wasnt necessary for either side to engage in such childishness. Fast forward to today and we are forced to play Madden if we want a NFL game.

Much to my dismay, Madden is the only hope any of us can cling to on a yearly basis to provide a decent playing football experience and after 5 years Im sick of the " maybe next years"

Right now you have pretty much all the video football fans funneled into the Madden forum, and its not by choice.

If we were to ever to return to the days of multiple NFL products released, then you would get you wish. Sure there would always be azzhats trolling one forum or another, but it would be to a much less degree.

I long for days where we all have solid football products to play, regardless of which game you like better.

Too many people think the majority of people are trolling or wanting Madden to fail, when the opposite is quite true. There are many of us that would love nothing more than to be able to play a solid product that isnt flawed in a million different directions.

What I wouldnt give to see not only a return of 2k football, but to see other companies like the Fever team and SCEA and its THE Show team etc to come out with a NFL football title and see where we go from there.

# 117 rooney8 @ 04/23/10 08:35 AM
I did not like the look of that at all. Especially how easy that first pass was. No coverage in the flats yet again. And the score, it was like 100 point game.
Waht was with Reggie Bush taking the high short steps in the open field. Does that happen everytime you slow down.

# 118 johnprestonevans @ 04/23/10 08:37 AM
Hahaha. "Im a husband....Madden 11 was my idea." Gold!

It feels as if the developers at Tiburon have had their decisions taken out of their hands by the executive commitee at EA. They all sat down at a table and the head honchos said "Ok boys, our numbers were off last year. We need to go back, retool, and get that casual gaming market back. Make it Simple. Make it Quick. and throw the word Deeper to appease our current hardcore market." It's all about making money. I dont think that is a bad thing, but i do not approve of the path they seem to be taking with Madden 11. Instead of improving the depth and authenticity of the game, they are dumbing it down to get sales.

Unfortunately, when a company has no focus with a game, and it attempts to get any and all people to buy it, then end up missing the mark. This happens to movies all the time when they are driven by market research, demograhic profiling and over simplification. You simply CANNOT satisfy all of the people all of the time.

I feel they should have an "EASY" mode that makes the game simple and quick. (They have easy already, but hey...). And then keep pounding away at last year's lofty mantra to bring "Everything we see on Sunday" home to Madden NFL. Add in real time presentation like MLB The Show. Network presentation. etc...

Dont get me wrong. I dont want Madden to fail. I have been waiting for a great NFL game since 2K5. I want Madden to be amazing again. I just feel frustrated by all these empty promises made about the game every year. If we could go back 1 year and see the hype generated by promising a real NFL experience, compared to now when we have...simpler, quicker...and um...deeper. : (

# 119 Mr_Riddick @ 04/23/10 08:52 AM
Honestly, I'm not worried.

# 120 Hova57 @ 04/23/10 08:53 AM
i liked the video , i don't the point was to show more than what was talked about. they didn't let everything out.

I think some guys are losing sight of the gameplan thing. you can setup as a normal or game to game. I think this will tie into franchise somehow.

Graphically i really don't know what people were looking for. I thought madden 10 graphics were good . with the exeception of grass looking a little more real. I didn't expect a graphics change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.