Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Quote:
"Gus Johnson in the background?

On the Colston leaping TD catch, I liked the mid air collision, much more realistic. Along with the Moore long reception looked more realistic with his head turned the right way and caught the ball by using his body over the left shoulder.

On the Pierre Thomas run the blocking looked really nice. Even tho Thomas had some foot sliding hopefully those things would be ironed out.

On the Bush TD run, Meachem in the slot had a nice pan cake block that looked pretty realistic."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ScoobySnax @ 04/24/10 12:28 PM
I think the video looked great! Loved the chant with Brees at the beginning.

Favorite quote in the thread? "That video did nothing for me."

# 42 canes21 @ 04/24/10 12:37 PM
If you're looking for a sim experience, GameFlow can deliver that. It calls plays that the real team your playing as called last year in each situation. It stops people from calling 5 plays a game and expands their playbook.

# 43 ScoobySnax @ 04/24/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If you're looking for a sim experience, GameFlow can deliver that. It calls plays that the real team your playing as called last year in each situation. It stops people from calling 5 plays a game and expands their playbook.
This. Maybe it'll will help people learn football instead of relying on cheap plays to win.

# 44 Blazelore @ 04/24/10 12:44 PM
NFL teams have gameplans everyweek for each team they play. YOu never know. Game planning may be a big part of the franchise along with scouting other teams and all. People really need to wait and see how it all plays out. And if you really think about it they are only a few plays people run each game that they comfortable with. This is just going to give us an opportunity to have them streamlined. But my gut tells me that practice may be important in the franchise mode now (crosses fingers)

# 45 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 12:46 PM
Maybe this will open up the gates for 'Sugar' Huddling (What Peyton Manning is notorious for).

Sometimes I don't want to run that 'Hurry-Up' offense during the game, because it takes a serious toll on my players stamina, but if they had the 'Sugar' Huddle, it would still allow you to make substations mid play (if your the defense), and still keep the tempo up.

# 46 DocHolliday @ 04/24/10 12:48 PM
That video did nothing for me. looked like a few added animations, thats it.

O/D line looked to have the same interaction, the sidelines looked like crap still, the blocking looked the same.

I liked 10, but damn fellas lets get it going.

# 47 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
That video did nothing for me. looked like a few added animations, thats it.

O/D line looked to have the same interaction, the sidelines looked like crap still, the blocking looked the same.

I liked 10, but damn fellas lets get it going.
I loved the video, except for the deep pass Brees Completed to Moore at 2:00 in the video, the CB clearly had this hesitation and allowed Moore to blow by him for some reason.

Thats my only complaint, but other than that I think the game looks smooth

# 48 MrSkagTrendy @ 04/24/10 12:57 PM

at 1:48 in - Robert Meachem makes a sweeeeeet catch at the back of the endzone!

# 49 PGaither84 @ 04/24/10 01:00 PM
That is nice. I think there was a sideline catch as well in that video. I forgot to see where.

As I said before, the catching debugging tool thingy was working when we played at CD. There is a great example. Nice find.

# 50 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 01:34 PM
I love that catch in the back of the end-zone, the only thing that bugs me is the clip at 2:04 approximately where Brees throws the Deep Ball to Moore. The CB has this stutter/hesitation as hes in great position. In another clip we see Moore make the catch because he beat that CB. I hope that isn't a trend of madden '11, but overall great video.

# 51 NoTiCe_O @ 04/24/10 01:55 PM
Damn, Pierre Thomas laid that dude Flat with the Truck

Nice.

# 52 maddenps2 @ 04/24/10 02:05 PM
Pretty sweet, although it's pretty sad that we have to get excited about things as fundamental as this that should have been implemented half a decade ago.

# 53 the_stig88 @ 04/24/10 02:15 PM
I gotta say, this is the first madden 11 vid I've seen where I came away impressed. Running back jukes and cuts looked much more fluid, and the reciever catches are without a doubt 10x better.

# 54 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/24/10 02:22 PM
I also like seeing the referees pay more attention to the plays and actually following it instead of staring into space sometimes. Also, I'm glad that it's on an easier setting because some of the defensive players were just playing dumb, Over running Bush @ 2:40.

# 55 destroyer @ 04/24/10 02:28 PM
Damn, #99 is fast! WTF chasing down reggie bush.. jeez... i hope they still keep the speed threshold and game speed

# 56 JBucc @ 04/24/10 02:33 PM
I think the more recent NCAA and Madden vids look pretty good overall. One thing that still stands out animation wise is the need to have different running types to differentiate between fast guys with long strides and ones with shorter quicker strides. Everybody just looks like they're gliding.

# 57 radatdude2 @ 04/24/10 02:41 PM
the block by Reggie after the play action was pretty good

# 58 PGaither84 @ 04/24/10 03:00 PM
Things I do and do not like about this video:

@ about 0:57 the saints call a run play where the FB is told to lead away from the play to decive the defense. When you watch, the safety and a few backside players correctly try and key off of the FB and the initial move of the RB. As a result they are decived. We also see a double team block on one of the DTs. We see the play is supposed to go between the tackle and guard in the play art, and as the RB goes in that direction, the safety and LB try to pres and fill those gaps after adjusting to the misdirection. Since his lanes are filled the RB kicks outside and toward the sideline where we see a defender take a great pursuit angle and get shook right out of his shoes with a well played juke/animation and is finally brought down inside the 5.

@ about 1:26 we see a play action. the play looks nice... I just am mixed about this play. the defense doesn't really read or react to the run, but maybe that is just becasue they were not faked out by the play action. It doesn't look bad to me. They are not in man, so we can't tell on this play if there is psychic man coverage or not and the run/pass blocking on this play action doesn't appear to have psychic blockers either. We also don't see stupid linemen spining around and leting people through either.

@ about 1:42 we have a red zone play and again the defense is in zone, so no way to see man coverage. The pass blocking in this clip looks as bad as it always has. No real pocket on this play. We do, however, see that great end zone catch.

@ about 2:11 we see more of the same lack of a true pocket and classic Madden pass blocking. Again the defense is in zone and brees launches a bomb over the top of the coverage for a huge gain. This is liekly Pro mode, however, we do see locomotion really taking effect and the match up of acceleration and top speed against a CB.

@ about 2:35 we see the RT and RG double team the DE Robert Mathis who actually gets a "super win" [a term I learned from central game play at CD] {becasue he takes two linemen out of the play, trading two people for one.}

Finally @ about 3:03 we see another example of bad pass blocking/no true pcoket.

In short, from this video only, we see [in my opinion] solid pursuit, nice run blocking logic and poor pass blocking AI. I think this video is a nice example of how Madden 11 is shaping up to be better than Madden 10.

# 59 radatdude2 @ 04/24/10 03:10 PM
to me you can tell the ball carrier is using proper foot planting (looks more realistic) and im sure this is due to the new dual stick controls but the foot planting doesn't seem to be that great with the other players who don't have the ball! Does the same foot planting apply to non ball carriers ?

# 60 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/24/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Things I do and do not like about this video:

@ about 0:57 the saints call a run play where the FB is told to lead away from the play to decive the defense. When you watch, the safety and a few backside players correctly try and key off of the FB and the initial move of the RB. As a result they are decived. We also see a double team block on one of the DTs. We see the play is supposed to go between the tackle and guard in the play art, and as the RB goes in that direction, the safety and LB try to pres and fill those gaps after adjusting to the misdirection. Since his lanes are filled the RB kicks outside and toward the sideline where we see a defender take a great pursuit angle and get shook right out of his shoes with a well played juke/animation and is finally brought down inside the 5.

@ about 1:26 we see a play action. the play looks nice... I just am mixed about this play. the defense doesn't really read or react to the run, but maybe that is just becasue they were not faked out by the play action. It doesn't look bad to me. They are not in man, so we can't tell on this play if there is psychic man coverage or not and the run/pass blocking on this play action doesn't appear to have psychic blockers either. We also don't see stupid linemen spining around and leting people through either.

@ about 1:42 we have a red zone play and again the defense is in zone, so no way to see man coverage. The pass blocking in this clip looks as bad as it always has. No real pocket on this play. We do, however, see that great end zone catch.

@ about 2:11 we see more of the same lack of a true pocket and classic Madden pass blocking. Again the defense is in zone and brees launches a bomb over the top of the coverage for a huge gain. This is liekly Pro mode, however, we do see locomotion really taking effect and the match up of acceleration and top speed against a CB.

@ about 2:35 we see the RT and RG double team the DE Robert Mathis who actually gets a "super win" [a term I learned from central game play at CD] {becasue he takes two linemen out of the play, trading two people for one.}

Finally @ about 3:03 we see another example of bad pass blocking/no true pcoket.

In short, from this video only, we see [in my opinion] solid pursuit, nice run blocking logic and poor pass blocking AI. I think this video is a nice example of how Madden 11 is shaping up to be better than Madden 10.
I agree with most of what you said except the Bold part. Did you get a close look at how the WR really made that catch? If you watch closely, the CB Clearly breaks down while running with the WR for some reason. That does not express locomotion taking effect...thats called 'wtf just happened?' Theres no reason why (in a cover 3 zone), something happens with the animations/locomotion/physics/or whatever it was to cause the CB to Break down after playing perfect coverage to that point (Even if this is rookie or pro...just let the CB get beat, don't have him just break down while hes running with the WR...)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.