Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 reco @ 04/24/10 01:14 PM
looks like bama stadium expansion is in the game!

# 122 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 01:20 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on the presentation fellas. This is EA. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be A LOT better than what we've been getting, but still not in the league of other games in the past.

Football broadcasts show a ton of replays, at least 1 every 2-3 plays, so right there alone they're lacking(unless there's an option for more replays which EA isn't known for). The long pass play there definitely should've been a replay shown. I'm not even asking for analysis, though it should be there, but just the regularity of a broadcast. This is their big feature, and once again it seems like they're going for the just good enough angle.

Now from the skipped replay the camera angle looked sick so kudos to EA for that, I just hope the game is filled with them.

Which brings me to pre play. I saw no close-ups, not even a camera change pre play, so there's another area lacking.

Now post play some of the cutscenes look really good because they are nice and tight, but the angles are wrong from what I've seen. The 1 play where the Alabama player's bumped heads looked great, but the camera angle was too low giving the perception that the camera man was on the field, that's not broadcast. Also the post play camera cuts look decent, but the zoom isn't tight enough, and it's too static. It should feature a few seconds on at least 2-3 players before the play selection screen reappears.

These are all minor things but with the graphics, this game could look simply phenomenal. I just wish EA would go all out. The thing is the adjustments are simple based on what they have, they just don't get it unfortunately.

# 123 Barkley7 @ 04/24/10 01:52 PM
That read option there looked great. Gameplay looks alot better than that first video we all received.

# 124 23 @ 04/24/10 02:00 PM
Why would anyone hide new and fresh exciting presentation?

There is noone out there to steal it so why would they?

# 125 balr @ 04/24/10 03:07 PM
it'd be sweet if the ref's actually threw penalty flags.

# 126 kennethxD @ 04/24/10 03:10 PM
Looks great

# 127 marcoyk @ 04/24/10 03:14 PM
That video looked a lot better. Looking forward to the demo.

# 128 Magaman @ 04/24/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyRambo
yeah Magaman I am sorry as well for dissing on you. We all have our different opinions on last years game. and thanks for taking the time to make this video and post it up, it is very helpful and has gotten alot of people excited myself included.
No biggie, you guys got a right to your opinions I can't hold it against you. I'm the same way when I open a paper and see the latest Tyler Perry movie gets 4 stars, I just want to tear the reviewers head off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Appreciate your stopping by. Whatever people's gripes about the video, I'm sure EA appreciates the fact that you've reignited people's excitement for it.

Now, go see if you can parlay that into some exclusive super-early Dragon Age 2 info, and I'll be forever in your debt
Yeah don't hold your breathe, EA (non sports division) had an event last month not a peep about it yet.

# 129 ch46647 @ 04/24/10 03:25 PM
Magaman, I heard you mention in the video you liked the crowd and atmosphere. How was the crowd compared to last year? Were they extremely loud and react to situation happening on the field? Or was it just like the last few years where the crowd was just at a constant pitch and wasnt even exciting...

I know Madden even put "audio" as a feature on gamestop so that leads me to believe game atmosphere (crowd, field sounds etc) was a real focus this year...

# 130 Magaman @ 04/24/10 03:27 PM
For those talking ESPN presentation.
The only things that were in place and might have been skipped over a bit in the video. Was the new scorebar at bottom of the screen, that is identical to what ESPn will use during real world games this year. Second were the transition wipes between replay and game.
There is some other ESPN stuff but it wasn't fully integrated into the build. We saw some of it briefly after we shot the video and were playing the game.
First the opening sequence, is re-done to also include a stage area with ESPN branding and if it's a rivalry game the trophy will be there. Think liek on TV when they have the helmets on pedestals, similar to that.
Also we got a quick glance of a virtual screen on the field. Again like TV coverage when they have a shot and there is a CGI replay screen in the middle of the field or on the sidelines.
Also I'm sure there will be more, as the extras really weren't fully in the game yet.

# 131 Magaman @ 04/24/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Magaman, I heard you mention in the video you liked the crowd and atmosphere. How was the crowd compared to last year? Were they extremely loud and react to situation happening on the field? Or was it just like the last few years where the crowd was just at a constant pitch and wasnt even exciting...

I know Madden even put "audio" as a feature on gamestop so that leads me to believe game atmosphere (crowd, field sounds etc) was a real focus this year...
I was referring to last years game. WHich I felt the crowds reaction and noise level building during the games was great. Unfortunately the event last week there were other game demos going on, so I can't really give you a good answer. Also since it was an early build a lot of the cutscene audience stuff was missing, even from last year. We pretty much only saw the mascots and the D-fence guy. But I know its there as there were placeholder shots. So I'm confident atmosphere will be as good if not better then last year.

# 132 ch46647 @ 04/24/10 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaman
I was referring to last years game. WHich I felt the crowds reaction and noise level building during the games was great. Unfortunately the event last week there were other game demos going on, so I can't really give you a good answer. Also since it was an early build a lot of the cutscene audience stuff was missing, even from last year. We pretty much only saw the mascots and the D-fence guy. But I know its there as there were placeholder shots. So I'm confident atmosphere will be as good if not better then last year.
I actually didnt play NCAA last year but the crowd in Madden was horrible IMO. 90% of the excitement in football comes from the 80,000 fans cheering. The crowd should be so loud on big plays, and 3rd down, from the home team that you can barely hear the announcers. When there is a big hit you should hear a collective gasp from the crowd. As a play develops the crowd should get louder and louder especially for the home team. When the away team makes a big play or scores a TD you should be able to hear a pin drop. When the home team intercepts the ball or scores a TD the stadium should be going absolutely berserk (and that excitement should carry on through the extra point, and kickoff) That is the kind of audio I am looking for this year from both NCAA/Madden.

That is the immersion factor we need...

# 133 Lalangan @ 04/24/10 03:54 PM
Looks great and it's not even done yet. It can only go uphill from here up until release date.

# 134 SageInfinite @ 04/24/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
Are you kidding? The crowd in NCAA 10 used basketball chants.

# 135 23 @ 04/24/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
My words were "pretty decent," not "friggin' awesome."
Its not decent to have a basketball chant in a football game man?

How is that even okay? Thats ridiculous man

# 136 rockytopper522 @ 04/24/10 06:10 PM
Is this video on youtube i cant view it on my droid?

# 137 kennethxD @ 04/24/10 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
^ The crowd in NCAA last year was pretty decent.

# 138 lgxjames @ 04/24/10 10:15 PM
looked pretty impressive, and they still haven't talked features..

# 139 Hiro1 @ 04/24/10 10:38 PM
This has not been talked about too much, but the increased girth of the facemask has made the helmets look a lot better. I'm loving the cutscenes. In last years version players only celebrated by their self, Seeing the sideline of UF after the timeout and the bama players bumping heads was awesome to see.

# 140 greenegt @ 04/25/10 12:18 AM
Lookin' good, to me. Can't wait to see more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.