Home
NHL 11 News Post

This was talked about in another topic, but thought it was worth posting.

It's just rumor at this point, but there's a few sources reporting it, so take it for what it's worth.

@dcmahiban on Twitter.

Quote:
"EA Sports NHL 2011 will have a #CHL mode where you can play with teams from the #WHL , #OHL and #QMJHL."

And BigPoppa17211 confirmed this guys claim from a Calgary radio sports broadcast.

Quote:
"Can't confirm your info there, but did read something interesting on Twitter last night.

Came from a radio guy in Calgary here. He said NHL 2011 will have a CHL mode where you can play as teams from the WHL, QJMHL, and OHL. Seemed really random and didn't want to start a thread here, but if spike is releasing info then the timing of this makes sense.

Here's hoping!"

From someone inside the London Knights organization.

(Official link is dead).

Quote:
"For those reading this you are going to hear about this before it is announced or before it is confirmed by EA Sports. I'll fill you in on how I came across this, I work in the marketing depart for the London Knights of the OHL it's through my college program and I've always liked the business side of the game so it's a way to get into that. Anyways when I showed up for work and there was an email forwarded to me from my boss saying that EA Sports needs pictures of our home and away jerseys with all different numbers and the C's and A's because the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL are all going to be part of NHL11 I debated putting part of the email up here but I don't wanna get fired if I get caught so I'm sure some of you won't believe until it becomes official but I thought I'd leak it to you guys first anyways. Personally I think it will make the Be A Pro better as well as the Be A GM where it will actually have right players coming up and just a lot more roster possibilities."

I realize these are all rumors from the internet, so it has to be taken with 4 scoops of salt. But this would be amazing if true and I'm hoping it gets confirmed (either way) soon.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 headsigh @ 04/25/10 10:14 AM
I'd like that a lot.

Adds a new dimension to scouting too if it's true, because you can look at guys draftable a couple years down the line, maybe?

# 2 Flyermania @ 04/25/10 10:54 AM
Great to have new leagues if this is true, but it's all for nothing if the AI is still broken.

# 3 Fiddy @ 04/25/10 12:08 PM
dang it, where is the ECHL at? lol

# 4 plaidchuck @ 04/25/10 12:19 PM
If true this is a good sign that they'll be making BAP deeper.. but if it's just an EA licensing gimmick it's pointless.

# 5 Money99 @ 04/25/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
If true this is a good sign that they'll be making BAP deeper.. but if it's just an EA licensing gimmick it's pointless.
I hear you. But I don't see how they could add the CHL leagues and not incorporate BAP in with it.
And I'd like them to take it one step further. If your CHL career is lackluster, then Europe leagues should be an option if no NHL team wants to take a chance (ala Brian Rafalski).

# 6 buzzguy @ 04/25/10 04:48 PM
That would be pretty cool! If it flies, I wonder if we'll see ECHL teams and USA college teams as well.
x-ing my fingers to take the Wheat Kings online next year!

# 7 Lubey @ 04/25/10 05:22 PM
So how does it work with the rosters? Will they have real rosters? Are they not allowed to use amateur players in their game or is that just an NCAA thing?

# 8 duckfever8 @ 04/25/10 05:23 PM
Would make NHL 11 even more in-depth. Great feature. Would be a great scouting tool for the Entry Draft. Being able to play in Europe/ECHL if you didn't do well in the CHL would be a nice addition to be-a-pro.

So the leagues would be like this:
NHL
AHL
National Teams
Czech League
Swiss League
German League
SM-Liga (Finland)
Eliteserien (Sweden)
OHL
QMJHL
CHL
WHL
ECHL (if they add that)
That would be about 200+ playable teams in the game, plus created teams.

# 9 duckfever8 @ 04/25/10 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
So how does it work with the rosters? Will they have real rosters? Are they not allowed to use amateur players in their game or is that just an NCAA thing?
I'm no expert on junior hockey, but I think that CHL players get paid (i'm not sure, though), unlike NCAA players who can't get paid.

# 10 Money99 @ 04/25/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Would make NHL 11 even more in-depth. Great feature. Would be a great scouting tool for the Entry Draft. Being able to play in Europe/ECHL if you didn't do well in the CHL would be a nice addition to be-a-pro.
THIS.
I really hope this is going to be an option in BAP.

# 11 savoie2006 @ 04/25/10 05:39 PM
Quote:

So the leagues would be like this:
NHL
AHL
National Teams
Czech League
Swiss League
German League
SM-Liga (Finland)
Eliteserien (Sweden)
OHL
QMJHL
CHL
WHL
ECHL (if they add that)
That would be about 200+ playable teams in the game, plus created teams.
That would be if they don't drop the Europe Leagues for the CHL. I still won't believe it until I see it. If the guy can't post part of his E-mail without getting fired, I wonder what's so different about Tweeting such a thing for everyone to see as well.

# 12 Lubey @ 04/25/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
I'm no expert on junior hockey, but I think that CHL players get paid (i'm not sure, though), unlike NCAA players who can't get paid.
I know WHL players get paid 'the equivalent of a part time job' to help them pay for food and crap, but I thought they were still considered amateur. I think it's just an NCAA deal though.

# 13 Spear @ 04/25/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
They don't get paid, they have most of their expenses paid for though. Similar situation to an athletic scholarship in the States.

But this would be an unreal addition to the franchise mode. Having feeder leagues to create your draft pool is very text sim like, and would add insane depth to an already great game.

# 14 headsigh @ 04/25/10 06:20 PM
Quote:
CHL players have room, board, and tuition (since most of them are still schoolkids and teens) paid for them, so just about similar to NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
That would be if they don't drop the Europe Leagues for the CHL. I still won't believe it until I see it. If the guy can't post part of his E-mail without getting fired, I wonder what's so different about Tweeting such a thing for everyone to see as well.
Europe Leagues I'd be surprised to see dropped.

FIFA 10 has shown that EA can handle a large scale amount of teams and leagues. Considering hockey has a more cut-and-dry (read: less confusing) licensing and financial system with free agency and such, it wouldn't be a stretch.

The only thing I could see hitching that would be like EA trying to include the KHL and Bettman gets cold feet over it or something.

# 15 Tikker @ 04/25/10 07:49 PM
it'd be awesome to have the CHL teams included

I know personally, I'm never ever going to touch the european leagues.
being able to start out as a junior, getting drafted, then playing in the minors and eventually onto the bigs would be fantastic

# 16 Lubey @ 04/25/10 07:54 PM
Now they just need squirt teams.

# 17 kutya @ 04/26/10 12:20 AM
if you try to play your AHL team during GM mode, it gets all messed up and you can't go back to your NHL schedule. EA can't get one minor league right how are they going to juggle 3 others!!!????

# 18 DrJones @ 04/26/10 05:18 AM
Hmmm, maybe they'll need some help with the rosters...

# 19 bad_philanthropy @ 04/26/10 10:16 AM
I could definitely see the inclusion of the CHL cause BAP into a "Journey to the pros" type of mode. Wouldn't be surprised if they added international tourneys to BAP and GM Mode. So if you're a stud in the CHL you could end up getting selected to play in the U-20 tourney.

Kind of expecting Crosby to be on the cover and having his image in a Rimouski Oceanic jersey, Pens jersey, and Canada, all be used.

# 20 Money99 @ 04/26/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I could definitely see the inclusion of the CHL cause BAP into a "Journey to the pros" type of mode. Wouldn't be surprised if they added international tourneys to BAP and GM Mode. So if you're a stud in the CHL you could end up getting selected to play in the U-20 tourney.

Kind of expecting Crosby to be on the cover and having his image in a Rimouski Oceanic jersey, Pens jersey, and Canada, all be used.
That would be awesome!
And imagine if they added in agents to the mix? Sweet!

Taylor Hall for cover athlete??

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.