Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has just posted a new Madden NFL 11 screenshot, featuring the Broncos first round pick, Tim Tebow. How many things can you spot, that have changed from Madden NFL 10?

Quote:
"The paint hasn't finished drying on the 2010 NFL Draft and I'm sure the new group of rookies is still getting used to the thought of playing somewhere other than their alma mater, but none of that is stopping the developers at EA Sports' Tiburon studio from inserting this year's rookie class into Madden NFL 11."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TheRunAndShoot @ 04/26/10 03:46 AM
I think its from 11. Peyton Hillis (traded) isn't the FB in the screenshot. It's got to be a place holder because that's obviously not (Spencer) Larsen by looking at the back of his jersey and #44 is retired (Floyd Little). Seth Olsen is at center he played guard last year for them.

How's that for investigative skills?

# 62 raz77 @ 04/26/10 02:53 PM
Looks the same. It's kinda disappointing compared to when they did this last year with that Big Ben picture

# 63 johnnyg713 @ 04/26/10 02:57 PM
Stated in one of the other threads.. They havent put the new lighting system in the game, and polished things up yet. But most likely this is what we will get lol

# 64 Tengo Juego @ 04/26/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
I think its from 11. Peyton Hillis (traded) isn't the FB in the screenshot. It's got to be a place holder because that's obviously not (Spencer) Larsen by looking at the back of his jersey and #44 is retired (Floyd Little). Seth Olsen is at center he played guard last year for them.

How's that for investigative skills?
If it's 11, it's a terrible model of Tebow. Huge shoulder pads, skinny arms, slim waist, skinny thighs. It just looks bad. The lighting looks nice and his face resembles Tebow, but I dont think its a 3D scan that we see on high profile guys. Wrist coach is still over sized, facemask is still the wrong mask. Should be replaced with the one we see in NCAA11.

It's an ugly shot.

EDIT: I take back the comment about the wrist coach. It just needs to be less bulky looking on the arm, and increase the size of the play sheet on it.

# 65 Only1LT @ 04/26/10 04:27 PM
I can't tell you anything that is new really, but I can tell you what isn't new. The same poor player models. Don't know why this is so hard for them to get down, but I have pretty much always had a problem with the player models in Madden. Just bad.

And to canes, the arm definitely does look very awkward. EA sports games are famous for very weird limbs and appendages, and this pic is no different.

# 66 JayD @ 04/26/10 04:39 PM
Well I'll be one of the few that actually thinks the pic looks great and I'm not going to bitch and whine about his finger being a bit to long

# 67 T3B0W @ 04/26/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Well I'll be one of the few that actually thinks the pic looks great and I'm not going to bitch and whine about his finger being a bit to long
Cosign

# 68 Only1LT @ 04/26/10 05:19 PM
Graphics on 11, and 10 also, look great from a pure polygon standpoint. The players are very detailed and hi-res. But there is a difference from having a huge amount of polygons that makes up a player model and having a player model that looks to be properly proportioned. EA has no problems with the detail of the players. Where they struggle is making them look like an actual human being. The only way I can describe it.

APF28K, to me, was not in Madden's league from a polygon standpoint, but from a player model standpoint, I thought it looked better proportioned and more realistic. Would love to see what they could do if their players were as detailed as Madden's.

# 69 T3B0W @ 04/26/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak
If his finger being too long was the only problem, I'm sure this thread wouldn't be as long as it is. Ya think??
Perhaps though points to keep in mind:

1. It's an early image that ain't the final build of the game and

2. It's an early image that ain't the final build of the game.

Constructive feedback I am sure if welcomed by developers, though it seems this one image and the nit picking is a little bit of overkill given as we stand right now we are some 12-14 weeks out from the release of the game.

Some of the "errors" pointed out are valid, I agree, though it's not a concern this far out from the release of the game. If we were debating this image release one week out, there would be more cause for concern.

Just my opinion.

# 70 Only1LT @ 04/26/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B0W
Perhaps though points to keep in mind:

1. It's an early image that ain't the final build of the game and

2. It's an early image that ain't the final build of the game.

Constructive feedback I am sure if welcomed by developers, though it seems this one image and the nit picking is a little bit of overkill given as we stand right now we are some 12-14 weeks out from the release of the game.

Some of the "errors" pointed out are valid, I agree, though it's not a concern this far out from the release of the game. If we were debating this image release one week out, there would be more cause for concern.

Just my opinion.
Putting polish on a game by making it a higher res, or adding lighting or smoke or particle effects to a game are entirely possible as a game goes from alpha/beta to retail. But totally changing player models or animations at this point are most likely not going to happen, so to say that there is time, is not applicable to every aspect of development.

# 71 davjaffe @ 04/27/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Graphics on 11, and 10 also, look great from a pure polygon standpoint. The players are very detailed and hi-res. But there is a difference from having a huge amount of polygons that makes up a player model and having a player model that looks to be properly proportioned. EA has no problems with the detail of the players. Where they struggle is making them look like an actual human being. The only way I can describe it.

APF28K, to me, was not in Madden's league from a polygon standpoint, but from a player model standpoint, I thought it looked better proportioned and more realistic. Would love to what they could do if their players were as detailed as Madden's.
I agree, and I am concerned, because NCAA 11's player models seem to have evolved in terms of body proportions, while Madden 11's screenshots (so far) do not seem to have changed much at all (with the notable exception of improved facial details, which *is* deserving of credit).

# 72 Super_Saxy @ 04/27/10 02:17 PM
I think that the revolution helmets don't look quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm guessing it would be a resource hog (thinking of NBA 2K10 on PC) but I really wish they would give QBs loose sleeves. It's silly, but something that just bugs me a bit.
+1

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.