Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gameinformer has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"Running the ball isn’t the only aspect of the game the new locomotion engine improves. Receivers finally try to keep their feet inbounds when making a catch on the sidelines. Backs and receivers immediately square their shoulders and turn upfield when catching comeback passes or screens, which finally eliminates their frustrating tendency to run backwards in past Maddens.

Defenses also benefit from the new locomotion system. Cornerbacks with amazing closing speed can bait quarterbacks into throwing their way by playing loose coverage, and star defensive linemen with impressive acceleration ratings explode toward the quarterback after shedding blocks.

After playing a few games of Madden NFL 11, I can’t stress how drastically the locomotion system revolutionizes the gameplay enough. It may look like a subtle change when watching footage of the game, but once you have the controller in your hands and hand the ball off to a dangerous running back, you realize how empowering the new system is for skill players. If you’re one of the disgruntled football fans who has forsaken Madden for its past transgressions, this could be the year to jump back on the bandwagon if everything comes together."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hova57 @ 04/26/10 03:13 PM
well we know the strategy pad does everything for you without having to press triangle or circle

# 2 JBucc @ 04/26/10 03:19 PM
Sweet they got rid of the horrible kicking stick and went back to the old way.

# 3 TreyIM2 @ 04/26/10 03:31 PM
"After playing a few games of Madden NFL 11, I can’t stress how drastically the locomotion system revolutionizes the gameplay enough. It may look like a subtle change when watching footage of the game, but once you have the controller in your hands and hand the ball off to a dangerous running back, you realize how empowering the new system is for skill players."

- I can tell, already. It's almost like with Live 10. I thought the preview vids were great but to then get my hands on the demo and the game felt different than past year's iterations (hopefully, Live 11 will have the locomotion, controls and other things even tighter). I know this will be the same way with Madden/NCAA 11.

# 4 khaliib @ 04/26/10 03:48 PM
With so many gamers and different concepts about what is realistic as far as movement, I''ve always called for greater CUSTOMIZATION of THEIR $60 piece of intertainment. The past 2 yrs, Madden opened up some by giving us sliders that effected a few things. Though not perfect, it is the best step towards satisfying such a broad perception of what realism is. To that, I don't understand why we couldn't have sliders similiar to Finn's 2K editor. maybe not as in depth, but at least threshold sliders that allows gamers to adjust to their liking.

-setting attribute thresholds per position
-ability to adjust arc and speed of passes
-weather effect (slips, fumbles etc....)
-adjusting fan support

Just a couple of my thoughts that would allow gamers the ability to tweak the game to their liking and minimize many ot the complaints about what each individual eye sees.

# 5 apps80 @ 04/26/10 04:13 PM
I actually liked the kicking stick. Kicking isn't about timing, so why go back to the three button approach that is timing based.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.