NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MaizeHaze @ 04/26/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet here or elsewhere, but I know there was some questioning a while back about whether the chain gang will be there. Look at :55 in part 3. They're there. Also, you can see the linesmen rush up to get the ball after the play as well. Looks like they've got the whole officiating crew ready to go. Yet to be seen as to whether or not they'll have the "measuring" post-play cutscene or not.

Bonus points if they can get the chain gang the correct conference jackets.... yeah, no; not happening.
Nice eye! Add that as well!

# 22 moylan1234 @ 04/26/10 10:15 PM
Bad news guys, I don't think that's the chain gang. I'm pretty sure it's Texas cheerleaders

# 23 MaizeHaze @ 04/26/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Bad news guys, I don't think that's the chain gang. I'm pretty sure it's Texas cheerleaders
I went over to ncaastrategies and read someone mention that so I watched that video 20 times after reading it and I think they're right. Dang it!

# 24 moylan1234 @ 04/26/10 11:06 PM
yes ConVick I should have clarified ridiculously bad indeed

# 25 Lynx34 @ 04/26/10 11:17 PM
Yup. My bad. Definitely the Texas cheerleaders. I feel dumb. I was tricked by poor video compression and wishful thinking! Dang...

# 26 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/10 01:20 AM
Overall it looks good. But is it me are does it look like the game itself looks to lag at times. But other then that it looks good.

# 27 moylan1234 @ 04/27/10 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Yup. My bad. Definitely the Texas cheerleaders. I feel dumb. I was tricked by poor video compression and wishful thinking! Dang...
no worries man, that's what I call an aggressive mistake which is never a bad thing.

# 28 Rivals @ 04/27/10 02:39 AM
Formations subs own. I'm glad that question was asked in detail and answered in detail. Totally opens up the depth chart and dynasty mode in a new way. Love it.

# 29 mm boost @ 04/27/10 12:11 PM
I don't see how you guys say that replay looks bad, that looked awesome. That is going to add more intensity and excitement to the game. Showing the fans celebrate after the touchdown really brings emotion to the game, something that has ALWAYS lacked in every football game made. When a TD is scored in real life, everyone goes nuts and there is a lot of excitement. Showing the fans cheer this year, instead of running across the goal line, and running around like a ****ing chicken with it's head cut off to an ambient sorry excuse for a crowd noise playing, will be a much welcomed addition and really add more depth to the game of football. I am LOVING what I am seeing.

# 30 MaizeHaze @ 04/27/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I don't see how you guys say that replay looks bad, that looked awesome. That is going to add more intensity and excitement to the game. Showing the fans celebrate after the touchdown really brings emotion to the game, something that has ALWAYS lacked in every football game made. When a TD is scored in real life, everyone goes nuts and there is a lot of excitement. Showing the fans cheer this year, instead of running across the goal line, and running around like a ****ing chicken with it's head cut off to an ambient sorry excuse for a crowd noise playing, will be a much welcomed addition and really add more depth to the game of football. I am LOVING what I am seeing.
I agree. I just hope that the fan scene doesn't get to repetative. I was hoping for some other kind of "cutscene" showing the scoring player flip the ball to the ref and see the rest of the team meet him in the endzone to celebrate as well as a scene of the sideline showing the team celebrating with perhaps the coach holding a finger in the air(no, not that one) indicating whether to go for one or two.

# 31 nxt @ 04/27/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Trainers, fans, unrealstic ESPN camera angles
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
For someone who loves making custom covers, you sure do love hating on the game lol. Russ said in another interview that they can use camera angles that broadcasts can't use, so thats why some of them seem closer up.
Quote:
I don't hate the game, just giving my thoughts

Also of course they can, its a video game. However, its unrealistic and pretty stupid looking, especially if they are going for a realistic TV broadcast. Saying that they can use those just sounds lazy, they should focus on doing camera angles ESPN does use.
I gotta agree with Bigdmo, those replays were ugly. Just because EA can use camera angles that normal tv broadcasts can't, doesn't mean it's better. I don't like the way the camera is zoomed in so close, and then the camera cuts away to another zoomed in shot/angle. I did like seeing the cutscene with trainers on field for injured player and the custcenes of the fans. Hopefully, the fans will be wearing team specific costumes (Hawaii fans in Aloha shirts, etc.) Made playing in different stadiums around the country unique.

# 32 mm boost @ 04/27/10 01:29 PM
Well they already said in one of the interviews that after td's, it will sometimes show fans, sometimes cheerleaders, band, etc. So there should be a nice mixture of celebrations.

That is one thing that I've never understood. We've had football games for over 20 years, yet not one has ever been able to properly capture the most important part of a football, a touchdown. It is what defines football, yet all we've had is someone running in the endzone and then walking around like an idiot while a background song plays. I wanna hear the announcers praising the td, fans screaming, band blaring, cheerleaders flipping, team mates congratulating each other, etc. Give me the emotion!

# 33 moylan1234 @ 04/29/10 11:21 PM
I'd say it's a bad thing when the replay fails to achieve it's intended purpose. And in most cases the purpose of a replay is not to show the audience that a play was made, but rather show us why the play was made.

# 34 jclentzthadon @ 04/29/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
No one said it was a bad thing. I was simply saying that they are lying about offering us authentic ESPN presentation. They just need to say they are using ESPN overlays and I'd understand. Using unrealistic fake camera angles is not authentic, which is what anyone who wanted AUTHENTIC espn presentation was expecting.
I for one am really excited about what they are doing with the replays and ESPN. The glass is half full, not half empty over here. Sure it's not EXACTLY like it is in real life, ok whooptie doo...

# 35 rudyjuly2 @ 04/30/10 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Yup, and I have ZERO problems with that. A videogame allows us to see and use camera angles that TV cannot. How is that a bad thing?
I agree. It's not exactly like TV because they think it's better. I'd rather take a video game replay that is in a better position to show me the play than have only 5 or 6 preset angles based on a TV broadcast. Furthermore I actually read a TV producer comment over some of the things video games can do with regards to presentation and was jealous. In some ways, video games are setting the new bar.

# 36 Drocks @ 04/30/10 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
The real question is: will there be TD celebrations that involve more than one player.

Presentation on TDs should look something like this
One of my biggest pet peeves about presentation in this game. There's no team celebrations of any sort it seems. And judging from vids so far, that hasn't changed, which is disappointing. Seems like something the Pro-Tak technology could utilize and create teammates huddling up similar to that video, cause that really is what college football is about, the whole team rallying behind each other, celebrating together, all that.

# 37 GatorChomp1 @ 04/30/10 11:25 AM
I guess if we want presentation to be completely like ESPN than we shouldn't be able to see a few plays a game, because we were on commercial break while the play started. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Speaking of commercials. I know ESPN shows them in the middle of games. So maybe after every drive it can cut away from gameplay and show a few minutes of sponsors commercials! BOOM that would be sweet!

# 38 canes21 @ 04/30/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I guess if we want presentation to be completely like ESPN than we shouldn't be able to see a few plays a game, because we were on commercial break while the play started. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Speaking of commercials. I know ESPN shows them in the middle of games. So maybe after every drive it can cut away from gameplay and show a few minutes of sponsors commercials! BOOM that would be sweet!
Only if they charged $20 for the game and commercial breaks were 2 minutes long at the most.

Really though, they could just fade out like in MLB 2k after a stoppage like end of quarters, timeouts, etc.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.