Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

This past week in NYC NCAA Football 11 Designer Russ Kiniry was showing off how locomotion works.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=tqNzJkMTozNB9mKWSQp8ZS B4OCdEEpCh&embedCode=tqNzJkMTozNB9mKWSQp8ZSB4OCdEEpCh&width=592&hide=sharing%2Cendscreen&height=340">

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jessep07 @ 04/26/10 07:16 PM
Those replays looked ridiclous.

# 2 Jessep07 @ 04/26/10 07:17 PM
in a good way, lol

# 3 TreyIM2 @ 04/26/10 07:21 PM
Jessep07 - I second that emotion. I noticed that in one of the other vids but didn't speak on it. It looks really good AND in this vid, which really isn't about locomotion (another EA vid misnomer, today), they show a good defensive play getting a replay! I don't recall if they have that in NCAA 10 since I BEEN traded in mine but that's something I've been hoping for in both Madden and NCAA. It's not all about great offensive plays all the time. Good to see.

# 4 Von Dozier @ 04/26/10 07:22 PM
Looks much better than that awful trailer a week ago. You can instantly see the changes in rhythm. Game even seems a bit slowed down, like Madden 10.

# 5 Tengo Juego @ 04/26/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Yeah I agree, in fact they are already annoying me, its going to get even more annoying when they actually show them in game. I mean, if you're all about realism, how can you possibly make a replay camera like that and call it real.

Also I like how the guy said LOCO-motion
It's only unrealistic because you dont see it on ESPN's broadcasts. He explained that you cant get that angle in a real broadcast because it's not possible. But it's, obviously, possible to do in a video game.

I dont mind the replay angles. At all.

# 6 Tengo Juego @ 04/26/10 07:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah I get that but in a game going for realism, you don't just throw in some stupid camera angles that are unrealistic. If I wanted to get an unrealistic camera angle I would've gone into instant replay.
Your only niche with it, I guess, is that you dont see it on ESPN. It's not a terrible angle, its showing what happened. I dont see why it's so bad.

And the replay looked to be highlighting an individual's play on the ball, and not the entire play. So, it seems like it was pretty realistic.

# 7 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 07:41 PM
Quote:
Yeah I get that but in a game going for realism, you don't just throw in some stupid camera angles that are unrealistic. If I wanted to get an unrealistic camera angle I would've gone into instant replay.
I agree. It's funny how they say they can get camera's better than a broadcast, but the game would look that much more realistic with the accurate camera angles. I love that they're trying, but they just don't seem to get it.

# 8 frankplastictrees @ 04/26/10 07:42 PM
Ugh...I want to school that interviewer in the face.

# 9 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/26/10 07:57 PM
Yeah, we definitely don't see that camera angle within real broadcasts. Just because you can do it, doesn't make it right. It's awesome that they are showing the replay for a good defensive play but those angles aren't really impressive. A nice slightly zoomed high sideline angle would have been cool. lmao @ the interviewer though. 'This LOCO-motion' lol..crazy motion.

# 10 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
Yeah, we definitely don't see that camera angle within real broadcasts. Just because you can do it, doesn't make it right. It's awesome that they are showing the replay for a good defensive play but those angles aren't really impressive. A nice slightly zoomed high sideline angle would have been cool. lmao @ the interviewer though. 'This LOCO-motion' lol..crazy motion.
Exactly.

# 11 J-Unit40 @ 04/26/10 08:05 PM
I'm diggin' the new replay close-up. It was different and fresh and that is what we need (along with the rest of the package of course ).

As long as there is a variety of replay angles and not just that type of close-up over and over, I'll be a happy camper.

# 12 canes21 @ 04/26/10 08:07 PM
I like the way the game looked. The defensive swat was nice. The replays were good and bad. I liked the angle a lot, but I also want realistic replays at the same time. :/

# 13 khaliib @ 04/26/10 08:10 PM
The one conclusion I have came to since reading gamer blogs, is no matter what progress the game introduces, there will always be negative as well as positive responses. What one perceives as real, another will consider unreal. What is interesting is that as a football intern at a university, many things people are asking video game developers to reproduce for the sake of REAL, most coaches are having health issues trying to get players in real life to reproduce on a regular basis.

During one practice, players debated how Madden/NCAA portray the REALISM of the game and one player who just got drafted in the top 15 of this years draft said, "If you want realism, then put the pads on and play, otherwise let the game be what it is, a video game".

I came from the generation of "10-yard Fight", so I play the game for what it is, entertainment. So I enjoy football games from where they came from and enjoy those aspects of the game that do happen in real liffe.

The game is comming along great and I'm looking forward to some football.

"Glad they included a speed slider. I hope other similiar sliders can be included to allow greater customization"

# 14 aimiami @ 04/26/10 08:14 PM
wow that replay looks amazing
locomotion looks better then first gameplay to

# 15 SageInfinite @ 04/26/10 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like the way the game looked. The defensive swat was nice. The replays were good and bad. I liked the angle a lot, but I also want realistic replays at the same time. :/
Same way I feel. It's good they added them, but games have used these types of replays since the PS1 era. It'd be nice to go for the photo realistic/broadcast look being they have the means to produce such great graphics, but EA/Tiburon just doesn't seem to get it.

# 16 moylan1234 @ 04/26/10 08:32 PM
does anyone know how to work a camera any more? I know shooting a tv screen is hard, but sheesh.

# 17 Triathlete_201 @ 04/26/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

As long as there is a variety of replay angles and not just that type of close-up over and over, I'll be a happy camper.
Exactly! EA, listen to this. Variety is the key.

Show some replays of varying length, camera zooms, etc.

# 18 jfsolo @ 04/26/10 08:47 PM
Real life broadcasts angles and replays are limited by cost, space, safety, and various other issues. Video games don't have don't those same problems so they can go "beyond" the real life broadcast, as it were.

Many people are upset with them for choosing not to exactly mimic actual broadcasts. They want the developers to artificially limit their camera coverage to parrot what is seen on T.V.. The irony is that I'm sure that real life producers are probably envious of what games can do, and would die to be able to have those other P.O.V.'s. that have got so many gamers up in arms.

I personally don't have a dog in this fight, but it is interesting to observe how Tiburon's choice to take advantage of what's available to them in the medium is perceived as cluelessness.

# 19 khaliib @ 04/26/10 08:49 PM
I hear you Magic, it's just that under the cry of "REALISM", people are asking for something that's impossible at this point. I thought about going to school for gaming because I love sports video games, but after seeing how much code has to be written for one thing to react with another, I quickly decided to go with plan B. I just think that setting expectations so high for a video game is causing people to spend $60 only to deconstruct the game by looking for every negative that is said about the game vs enjoying it for where it is now.

I can find tons of so called unrealistic things, but for every unrealistic aspect of a game that I notice, there is a code that must be written. And the example code I saw, showed me it is easier said than done.

I rent the game and if I don't like, I'll keep my $60. But to spend $60 looking for all the things I/others don't like about it, is just plain "GOOFY".

# 20 jdr4693 @ 04/26/10 08:51 PM
Wow, all they added was a stupid ESPN wip? Presentation still looks dull and boring after each play.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.