Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"Not only does GameFlow allow players to move quickly through a game, but it also gives new weight and importance to the coaches you hire. This is probably what has me most excited about GameFlow. For the longest time your offensive and defensive coordinator hiring practices didn't amount to much. Now those coaches will be responsible for picking the plays on their respective sides of the ball. If you pick a guy who loves to air it out, chances are he could call a play action pass when it was a sweep to the right that would've gotten you the first down. Finally the minds that power a football team will matter in Madden.

How did all of this translate onto the field? Pretty damn well. The game was noticeably faster, something that was accentuated by the new ability to tap A through every presentation element (including things like measuring for a first down and discussing a touchdown) to get right back to the action. EA Sports has also removed the redundant camera pans that, while cool at first, really didn't add much more than time to a game. I like that EA Sports isn't totally eliminating the option to choose a play from the full playbook, but I really think that once players see GameFlow in action that it's going to be what they used most."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 johnnyg713 @ 04/27/10 10:12 AM
"The standard NFL action looked very reminiscent of last year's game." Not a comment I was looking for at all.

# 22 roadman @ 04/27/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
"The standard NFL action looked very reminiscent of last year's game." Not a comment I was looking for at all.
That was the only "meh" statement throughout the whole preview. The next sentence he stated that you will really feel the difference that locomotion brings.

# 23 achain @ 04/27/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I caught this as well. This is probably the reason why the game feels so polished for April - because they haven't changed much. I'm still holding out hope for some big franchise developments, which will decide if I purchase the game.

# 24 sb24 @ 04/27/10 10:48 AM
It should be simple. Have the off/def coordinator recommend a set of 3-6 plays and you choose one. Basicly ask madden but more team specific. Like the guy said, a pass happy cordinator would recommend 6 passing plays with 4 of them being long ball attempts or something. That way you still get to choose but you are still having to follow the coordinators gameplan.

# 25 ODogg @ 04/27/10 11:49 AM
I'm perfectly fine with it looking much like last year but actually playing much better. I thought last year's game looked really good. It's the actual gameplay i wanted them to work on anyways, not more of the visuals.

# 26 johnnyg713 @ 04/27/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm perfectly fine with it looking much like last year but actually playing much better. I thought last year's game looked really good. It's the actual gameplay i wanted them to work on anyways, not more of the visuals.
What I got out of the comment was gameplay wise locomotion was pretty much the only thing that changed along with sideline catch animations. Everything else pretty much the same.

# 27 Valdarez @ 04/27/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
So what else can you tell me about Gameflow? You sir, apparently have all the answers.
Just use your mind rgiles. If you're able to edit the list, then how is the coaches tendencies going to matter? Especially if you edit the items he has a tendency to call to a 1 Star rating? Either the Star rating, that you the gamer sets, takes precedence or the coaches tendencies do. It can't be both.

# 28 RGiles36 @ 04/27/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Just use your mind rgiles. If you're able to edit the list, then how is the coaches tendencies going to matter? Especially if you edit the items he has a tendency to call to a 1 Star rating? Either the Star rating, that you the gamer sets, takes precedence or the coaches tendencies do. It can't be both.
If you say so boss...

# 29 streamline @ 04/27/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Most likely the gamer's tendencies take precedence, but then what is the point of even using gameflow? If I know what plays I want to choose then I'll just go through the playbook and choose them. I plan on using gameflow to see what the coach would call and if I'm not happy about the play I'll go pick my own.

# 30 ODogg @ 04/27/10 01:49 PM
johnnyg713 - That is not what they meant I don't believe.

"The standard NFL action looked very reminiscent of last year's game."

I interpret that to mean as in the LOOKS, or how the game looks, is mostly unchanged. But who knows, I guess it's open for interpretation.

# 31 NoTiCe_O @ 04/27/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamline
Most likely the gamer's tendencies take precedence, but then what is the point of even using gameflow? If I know what plays I want to choose then I'll just go through the playbook and choose them. I plan on using gameflow to see what the coach would call and if I'm not happy about the play I'll go pick my own.
Exactly. Gameflow by default gives you the ability to execute exactly how the real team would execute IRL in different situations. So if you pick the Patriots be prepared to rund some 5 wide sets on 3rd down, short passes under to welker on 2nd and long, and some Slot bombs to Moss.

Now if your like me and you like certain playbooks because of their formations not there style than you can go and edit the gameplan to your own liking, but unless you completely scrap the coaches gamplan it will still call plays based on what the teams tendancies are if you didn't change it.

So if I scrap all the coaches 3rd down situation plays and put in plays i like for third down then the O.C will no longer call what the real coach would on 3rd, but rather what i want. But because I didnt touch to other situations like 2 and long, 1st and 10, 4th n inches etc. Those situations will be called based on what the real team would do.

Its simple?

# 32 drlw322 @ 04/27/10 02:43 PM
this is what i think the IGN reviewer meant. It's not so much the tendency aspect of each coach. I think each coach in the game (OC/DC) will have a pre-determined set of plays defaulted to their real life style play calling style in the Game Plan feature. Depending who you hire that's what you get if you don't change the game plan yourself. If you don't like the calls you can either hire a new OC or DC or head coach or change the gameplan yourself and they'll call your plays base on your set of plays per situation.

So I see more as a house hold rule for yourself in franchise. Meaning you can go completely sim and do not change any of the coaches call package (call sheet) and make what's right for you base on the coach you hire or just change everything yourself in game plan and it doesn't matter whos your coach.

# 33 drlw322 @ 04/27/10 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Exactly. Gameflow by default gives you the ability to execute exactly how the real team would execute IRL in different situations. So if you pick the Patriots be prepared to rund some 5 wide sets on 3rd down, short passes under to welker on 2nd and long, and some Slot bombs to Moss.

Now if your like me and you like certain playbooks because of their formations not there style than you can go and edit the gameplan to your own liking, but unless you completely scrap the coaches gamplan it will still call plays based on what the teams tendancies are if you didn't change it.

So if I scrap all the coaches 3rd down situation plays and put in plays i like for third down then the O.C will no longer call what the real coach would on 3rd, but rather what i want. But because I didnt touch to other situations like 2 and long, 1st and 10, 4th n inches etc. Those situations will be called based on what the real team would do.

Its simple?
that exactly

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.