Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BlackJack_Williams @ 04/27/10 12:57 AM
uh oh at the turn @ 3:50... even though the hit was nice lol...

# 2 thedude213 @ 04/27/10 01:11 AM
I understand the reasoning behind GameFlow now...EA has realized that Madden is not fun, so they are making it faster, less painful experience.

On a serious note though, it frustrates me to hear Ian talk about how they are putting gameplay first as "they always do", yet we have the same problems year after year. I've been saying this a lot, but it needs to be said...

CUT THE FEATURES BS AND JUST FIX THE GAMEPLAY

Because we all know this game has had the same bugs and bad AI since it first came to next gen consoles, but they just cover that up with "new, innovative features"

# 3 DoubleIt5 @ 04/27/10 01:17 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I am stoked. I am drinking the Kool-Aid.

# 4 Matt10 @ 04/27/10 01:30 AM
I dunno...does anyone else feel it was just too "silky smooth"? Like you ever watch on TV and you see a couple of hits here and there, and you think to yourself - ouch...hope that rb is okay - and then they are.

Well, in that video, some of those tackles just didn't look like how I see on TV. It just seemed like the "glided" along.

I dunno, it could be that I'm just watching and not playing - but so far the feel of the game is a bit iffy to me.

# 5 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/27/10 01:32 AM
Ian rocking the jerry curl

# 6 Exonerated @ 04/27/10 01:38 AM
Is it August yet?

# 7 DubTrey1 @ 04/27/10 01:54 AM
I am just going to assume that the vid showed an early build. Most of the stuff looked ok I suppose, but the runs, especially those where the RB was eluding the defender - it still looked too herky jerky and the player was still cutting on a dime instead of "leaning" into the cuts while slightly turning his body. Still early I guess, but this one is still iffy for me -

# 8 King of Kings @ 04/27/10 10:04 AM
I swear, I see no difference between this and Madden 10.

# 9 cdk10 @ 04/27/10 10:55 AM
Am I the only one absolutely annoyed with the Oline? At 2:10 mark you see the RT just stand there. Standing straight up off in la la land. There is no one coming from that side so go help the RG.

Then again at the 2:25 mark, the RG does the same exact thing. I think it's safe to say that the pass blocking hasn't been touched from last year. Unbelieveable....

# 10 jvaccaro @ 04/27/10 11:12 AM
First I should say that everything looks like it's shaping up nicely and I'm excited for m11.

Okay, but here's what potentially concerns me about the removal of the sprint button:

watch the video at 3:05 where Bush sweeps to the right and starts to out run his blocker...

now, if I had speed burst I would've let go to slow down so my WR could set up that block.

I'm afraid that the analog stick doesn't have enough resistance to let me just slow down a little. There's simply not enought control to consistantly go from pressing the stick 80% to only 60% forward.

# 11 adembroski @ 04/27/10 11:57 AM
Jeez, did they add a difficulty below rookie? everyone's falling down.

# 12 LBzrule @ 04/27/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Jeez, did they add a difficulty below rookie? everyone's falling down.
LOL. Also this footage looks very old.

# 13 HealyMonster @ 04/27/10 12:11 PM
players running looks closer to 2k running = good for me! I like the way the play developed on some of those runs, it looks closer to the way 2 was doing it which is awesome. I would def need to see it in action a lot more but I can def see improvements maybe locomotion is going to be all it was cracked up to be.

# 14 streamline @ 04/27/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
players running looks closer to 2k running = good for me! I like the way the play developed on some of those runs, it looks closer to the way 2 was doing it which is awesome. I would def need to see it in action a lot more but I can def see improvements maybe locomotion is going to be all it was cracked up to be.
I guess I'm the only person who thinks the 2k running looked extremely odd. The players always seemed way to upright and they looked like they had a stick up their ***.

Okay moving on lol, I LOVED seeing the run plays develop and not having the defense blow up the sweep every time. The run blocking AI looks exceptional, but there still isn't a pocket. I'm drinking the kool aid again, but so far it looks pretty fun. Oh I also loved the bomb to back of the endzone where the DB didn't jump and try to swat it, it was a perfect strike from Brees. In Madden 10 I'm pretty sure that pass would have been picked because you weren't able to put touch on your passes, but it seems like you are able to now.

# 15 ch46647 @ 04/27/10 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I loved the video, and the run blocking looked top notch. Pass blocking looked ok but the defense never blitzed at all in this footage so it was too hard to tell if a pocket gets formed. All they ran was zone coverages so we need more videos to tell how the pass blocking is.
And WR/DB interaction

# 16 mm boost @ 04/27/10 01:07 PM
I am going out on a limb here if you guys pay attention to details: this event was JUST to display their new gameplay engine, so I am making an assumption that they are using madden 10's graphic engine for these purposes. The reason I say this? In this video, Saints still have Pierre Thomas (now a eagle), all of the players look the same and like they are wearing the same equipment and the same dreads, AND, they are using the same replay wipes from Madden 10. This is strictly my opinion, but I have a feeling that EA is just waiting on polishing up the game engine before unveiling the new graphics engine. If things stay the way they are now, then NCAA is gonna look 10 times better than Madden in graphics department. And we all know, NCAA has never come close to comparing to Madden. If you compare the 2 side to side, NCAA blows it away at the moment. NCAA, however, has been in its development cycle longer and is further along. I have a feeling EA is going to slap on their new graphics engine after everything is polished up, and then we will see a noticeable difference in appearance.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.