Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Only1LT @ 04/28/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Huh? If I'm able to set up my favorite plays vs certain teams and their schemes and implement them how I want based on down and distance I'm all for it. And I can do this without scrolling through an entire playbook. How is this like Beginner Play Calling? That's what I fail to see.

It's been confirmed that Gameplan and Gameflow aren't mutually exclusive. So, if one week I'm playing a cover 2 team and I make a gameplan to go against them and the next week I play a zone blitz team and make a gameplan to go against them, how is that Beginner Play Calling. You do understand that without using Game Flow you'll be choosing from up to 15 plays that you selected for every situation. I may use gameflow from time to time but, I will primarily be calling the plays myself from my gameplan.
If this is true, then I see this as being the way I would use it.

Put all the plays for every situation together so that when said situation comes up, I can choose from those 15 plays for that given situation, or if I feel like what I planned beforehand isn't working, go into the full playbook and use something else. That sounds good to me if that is actually how it works. That's how plays are called IRL and it streamlines my time for picking the right play.

What I haven't heard though is whether gameflow only gives the choice to go with the play the OC calls or go into the full playbook. If that is the case then it is something that I will try to see what the OC sounds like and get the experience, but I would probably never use it after that.

I think it would be great if there is an accept or decline aspect to the OC calling the play. If he calls a play that I gameplanned before hand for that situation, even if I rated it 5 stars, doesn't necessarily mean that I want to run it at that time. Maybe I want to save it. I think that gameflow should work like the OC calls a play and I have a veto option, and then he calls the next play in my list for that situation, and that this continues until I accept. This way I can experience gameflow without having to feel like the game is doing the work for me and I have no input.

To me this would mimic the OC calling a play and me as the HC overruling him. You can overrule him by going into the full playbook, but they spent all this effort trying to get away from picking from 300-400 plays, so why should having the AI pick plays or using the full playbook be my only two options with gameflow.

I don't know if those are my only two options but I haven't seen anything to the contrary that would suggest otherwise. If anyone has more info on this, please weigh in.

# 82 roadman @ 04/28/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Gameplan is pretty straight forward. Not really a whole lot of guessing or interaction needed, it is what it is. It's not like you need to put up the controller & get a feel for something like that.

These are Madden forums to discuss Madden news & info so don't tell us what we can or cannot discuss concerning Madden as long as it's done in a civilized manner. Nobodies name-calling or being rude or just trolling so if you don't wanna discuss a certain feature Madden released in a Madden forum then don't react or talk about it.
Umm, your first sentence out of the gate isn't true. If that is the case, why is there so many questions about it if it's so straightforward.

Therefore, I do feel people need to get the feel before they make any preliminary decisions, one way or the other.

What's so wrong about giving advice about trying it out before praising or giving it a failing grade?

At the end of the day, isn't that the logical choice?

And I don't need any advice, but thank you for offering.

# 83 roadman @ 04/28/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
If this is true, then I see this as being the way I would use it.

Put all the plays for every situation together so that when said situation comes up, I can choose from those 15 plays for that given situation, or if I feel like what I planned beforehand isn't working, go into the full playbook and use something else. That sounds good to me if that is actually how it works. That's how plays are called IRL and it streamlines my time for picking the right play.

What I haven't heard though is whether gameflow only gives the choice to go with the play the OC calls or go into the full playbook. If that is the case then it is something that I will try to see what the OC sounds like and get the experience, but I would probably never use it after that.

I think it would be great if there is an accept or decline aspect to the OC calling the play. If he calls a play that I gameplanned before hand for that situation, even if I rated it 5 stars, doesn't necessarily mean that I want to run it at that time. Maybe I want to save it. I think that gameflow should work like the OC calls a play and I have a veto option, and then he calls the next play in my list for that situation, and that this continues until I accept. This way I can experience gameflow without having to feel like the game is doing the work for me and I have no input.

To me this would mimic the OC calling a play and me as the HC overruling him. You can overrule him by going into the full playbook, but they spent all this effort trying to get away from picking from 300-400 plays, so why should having the AI pick plays or using the full playbook be my only two options with gameflow.

I don't know if those are my only two options but I haven't seen anything to the contrary that would suggest otherwise. If anyone has more info on this, please weigh in.
LT;

I asked Ian on Twitter if we had a chance to change the play the OC called before the play and he said, no, you can only use your audibles if you want to change the play. So, I guess, wisely choose your audibles.

# 84 Only1LT @ 04/28/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
LT;

I asked Ian on Twitter if we had a chance to change the play the OC called before the play and he said, no, you can only use your audibles if you want to change the play. So, I guess, wisely choose your audibles.
Then I guess I won't be using gameflow more than a few minutes lol.

That's cool though. No loss for me. I will take advantage of gameplan though to select all my plays for every situation so that I am only looking at 15 plays or less at any given time. Putting them together beforehand would be fun for me and having my options streamlined during the game makes it a double win. Again, if this is how it actually works.

I think that EA/Tiburon missed an opportunity here though. As it stands, gameflow, not gameplan, but GAMEFLOW, before I take unnecessary flak, is really more for beginners then because you pretty much have to go with what the AI calls. Even if you used gameplan beforehand, like I said before, you may not want to use that 5 star play AT THAT MOMENT, but your only choice is to audible or go into the full playbook. If you had a veto system where the AI called the next gameplanned play, I think that it could have been something that both beginner and advanced could have gotten some use out of.

C'est la vie.

# 85 radatdude2 @ 04/28/10 02:38 PM
so pretty much this is ask madden 2.0 which is tailored to each team. So in effect each team will will have its own ask madden feature hence madden 2.0. (Example ask madden/ new your jets). This will essentially calls plays based on down and distance using the jets playbook unless you change the set of selectable plays. It's a good feature but in reality its just a better working ask madden. Now its ask your head coach.

# 86 lolfalconsbeatu @ 04/28/10 02:40 PM
I just hope with the Game Plan, you can actually combine different playbooks.

For example, if I ply with my Falcons playbook, I hope while I'm doing my 'Game-Planning' I can go into other team play books and take some stuff I like from them.

# 87 Only1LT @ 04/28/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I wonder though if the audibles you are given are specific to the formation your original OC called play is. Which in my estimation would make it a bit more realistic than coming out in a 3WR set and then audibling down to a 2RB set.

I would think, don't know, but think that formation audibles are still in.
That would make it better, but I would still prefer a veto/ accept system.

# 88 Only1LT @ 04/28/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I just hope with the Game Plan, you can actually combine different playbacks.

For example, if I ply with my Falcons playbook, I hope while I'm doing my 'Game-Planning' I can go into other team play books and take some stuff I like from them.
Doubt it

# 89 Valdarez @ 04/28/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I think we're talking about different things. The cpu is not calling plays for you unless you use GAMEFLOW. By using GAMEPLAN, you will be calling the plays that you selected for certain situations. I don't see it cutting game time in half by playing this way either but, i was O.K. with that anyway.
You might have selected the plays, but it's the coach (AI) calling them. You're not calling the plays in the game, only suggesting which ones should be used.

# 90 Palo20 @ 04/28/10 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You might have selected the plays, but it's the coach (AI) calling them. You're not calling the plays in the game, only suggesting which ones should be used.
Confirmed in the blog that you can basically replace "Ask Madden" with your Gameplan. So you can put all your favorite plays in the same spot. Isn't that what you want?

# 91 Only1LT @ 04/28/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
What bootzilla is saying is that if you use gameplan without gameflow, you would have a playbook to pick plays from yourself, just like always. The difference is that the playbook will only contain the 15 plays for that particular situation that you setup pregame.

For instance, it's 1st and 10. You open your playbook and it only has the 15 plays that you selected for 1st and 10. Run the play, then it's 2nd and 6. You open the playbook and only the 15 plays for 2nd and 6 are available, and so on.

In this way the game isn't picking your plays. Gameflow is where the AI picks plays for you. But if you use gameplan WITHOUT gameflow, it doesn't. That is what he meant.

# 92 Valdarez @ 04/29/10 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
What bootzilla is saying is that if you use gameplan without gameflow, you would have a playbook to pick plays from yourself, just like always. The difference is that the playbook will only contain the 15 plays for that particular situation that you setup pregame.
Not a playbook, a gameplan. A play book is organized based on packages and formations.

# 93 Methlab @ 05/02/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
wow have you even read anything that has been released about the game in the past month? This is about the most worthless post on these boards. If you can think of better things just post your ideas.
Just because you are a kool-aid drinker doesn't mean you have to insult the guy's opinion. He makes valid points also.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.