Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

Tecmo Bowl Throwback is now available on the Marketplace and should be available for the PS3 tomorrow. Post your impressions here.

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 03:31 PM
Some more stuff:

*It's too easy to get safeties. I've only played like 5 games, but I've already gotten 4 safeties. In the 20+ years of me playing the Tecmo series, I think I've only gotten 2 safeties lifetime prior to Tecmo Bowl Throwback.

*It seems like, if you hit a running back right when he touches the whiteline of the goaline, he'll fumble. I've pulled this off several times now.

# 82 TheWatcher @ 04/28/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
Ohhh. Was this during 3d or 2d graphical setting?
This happened during the 3D setting.

# 83 Brandwin @ 04/28/10 03:41 PM
I've yet to see any of those problems, but I haven't played much

some people complian about unrealstic things (not you) and then say why can't wr throw the 80 yard bomb. ::::shrugs:::::

# 84 WazzuRC @ 04/28/10 03:42 PM
So original names are in the game but team colors and team names aren't?

# 85 zoltranite @ 04/28/10 03:43 PM
is there any way i can get my qb to throw on target??? sometimes he does and other times not so much... is it something im doing??

# 86 Fiddy @ 04/28/10 03:45 PM
idea, how about we change the teams to the closest matching NFL team color wise? example, if Buffalo in the game was black and yellow, we would edit the team name to Pittsburgh or Steelers. then edit the players. thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Sucks you can't change the colors of the teams...
This.

# 87 bcruise @ 04/28/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
So original names are in the game but team colors and team names aren't?
Names are fake also, but the attributes reflect those of the players from the original game ('93 wasn't it?)

# 88 WazzuRC @ 04/28/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Names are fake also, but the attributes reflect those of the players from the original game ('93 wasn't it?)
Ahh.

Sorry if it's already been discussed. If I understand correctly, you change the names of the teams, and not change the colors. Can you change the player names?

# 89 bkrich83 @ 04/28/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Ahh.

Sorry if it's already been discussed. If I understand correctly, you change the names of the teams, and not change the colors. Can you change the player names?
Yes you can change the player names.

I have done a couple of teams with no problem.

If you plug in a USB keyboard it really goes fast .

# 90 bkrich83 @ 04/28/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltranite
is there any way i can get my qb to throw on target??? sometimes he does and other times not so much... is it something im doing??
It's the pass accuracy rating having an impact.

# 91 bkrich83 @ 04/28/10 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I've yet to see any of those problems, but I haven't played much

some people complian about unrealstic things (not you) and then say why can't wr throw the 80 yard bomb. ::::shrugs:::::
I've played a couple of games now and haven't seen any of them either.

# 92 Brandwin @ 04/28/10 04:11 PM
I want to hop online tonight. Get a few games in.

# 93 DirtyJerz32 @ 04/28/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
idea, how about we change the teams to the closest matching NFL team color wise? example, if Buffalo in the game was black and yellow, we would edit the team name to Pittsburgh or Steelers. then edit the players. thoughts on this?

This.
I was thinking about that. But, there are some teams that are just off. And the ENDZONE's don't change when you change the name.

# 94 CreatineKasey @ 04/28/10 04:28 PM
NG dive is IN. I just got like 10+ sacks against the CPU in 3D mode. Beware online... We better think of some counters to lurching before it poisons the game like it used to.

# 95 bcruise @ 04/28/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
NG dive is IN. I just got like 10+ sacks against the CPU in 3D mode. Beware online... We better think of some counters to lurching before it poisons the game like it used to.
Is the auto dropback still the same length and speed as it was in the old game? That was the real cause of this thing being so devastating - the fact that there was simply no way to avoid it except the Gun.

Thanks for checking this out.

# 96 boxboy99 @ 04/28/10 04:35 PM
Ya CK, it alreay is poisoning the game for me. I keep doing it to the computer like a crackhead. I must stop. I can pass for anything right now either. Havnt played online yet.

# 97 centauris @ 04/28/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Ya CK, it alreay is poisoning the game for me. I keep doing it to the computer like a crackhead. I must stop. I can pass for anything right now either. Havnt played online yet.

don't use the DLine then..

why would you in the first place?

# 98 CreatineKasey @ 04/28/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
No, in my first game, that is all I faced. Terrible. I picked SF, which has a poor playbook to oppose NT dive.
This is what guys are gonna do: Guess run defenses and use NG dive to kill the pass.

You'll need at least 1 shotgun play and some good stick to break loose from that garbage.

@Elgreazy's question about analog or D-pad: I'm definitely feeling the analog. My thumb keeps slipping on the D pad.

If I set a TSB ladder up, there will be no DL use, period.

# 99 centauris @ 04/28/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Centauris, way to get to #1!!!

I'm #25, I just crushed 3 dudes at lunch, only gave up 3 points and caused a super rage quit.

hahahahhahahahaahahahahh

hahahaha.. i haven't lost a game..

i'll probably lose it because I have a presentation at 6

# 100 CreatineKasey @ 04/28/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
hahahaha.. i haven't lost a game..

i'll probably lose it because I have a presentation at 6
Do you get the automatic win when guys quit at least?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.