Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

For some of the lucky UFC 2010 Undisputed community site members, you can download the demo now. If you registered correctly and on time, you can get your code by clicking the "rewards" tab on their site.

Please post your impressions here.

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Iadf @ 04/30/10 09:27 AM
This game is so good,its so fluid now last year the animations were obviously stiff but this year the limbs move so life like.I'll give more impressions later.

# 122 allBthere @ 04/30/10 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
That's interesting because I think the striking is done much better this year. I get a real sense of when to open up with a flurry and I'm able to pull of some nice combos.
Yeah I can combo too, just not with combos I should be able to like a jab straight. For example I saw that a jab-back-leg-leg-kick might be faster than a 1-2. The reason it's like this is because you have to wait to pull the jab all the way back to throw the straight unlike last year where you'd throw after the other arm was fully extended.

The striking grew on me a bit after I stopped posting, but this is still a big issue with me - not a game breaker though. I just can't imagine why they took out something so fundamental to fighting. Throwing a jab-straight in this game is pointless and actually dangerous to the point where you shouldn't do it and I think that's wrong. They made it more sports sim with the stats, but the striking made it less sports sim and more 'fighting game' if that makes sense. "oooh look out for machida's fierce attack"

thai clinches against the fence are B-R-U-T-A-L!

# 123 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 10:05 AM
can you knock a guy out with a straight cross? or only hooks and uppercuts? I have yet to see a KO with a cross

# 124 cheez7 @ 04/30/10 10:12 AM
For the peeps having trouble with the adjusted controls, remember, when you hit pause, it shows you all the commands you can do from your current position... obviously it's not much fun to continuously stop the action, but it doesn't take too long before you get used to the new motions.

I logged like a 100 hours in the last one, but demo felt like a new game to me. I like that the CPU doesn't let you abuse them with striking anymore and has ways to compete with you in stand-up other than just constantly going for takedowns.

I'm a little frustrated with the revised clinch game at the moment just cause it's so damn tiring to jockey for position, even more so than the ground game, but since that's the aspect that's changed the most, I'm sure with time I'll get comfortable with it.

Last time the CPU was giving it to me like it did last night was when I started up my first career mode in '09!

# 125 frnkpw13 @ 04/30/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
You can still register and get a code. I just did it 30 mins ago from my itouch in class for Phobia.
maybe im on the wrong site cause it has a 404 error and site the site is down cause of giving out codes is using up the bandwidth. what site url are u going to? is it the community.undisputed.com site? please help im desparate! :P

# 126 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
maybe im on the wrong site cause it has a 404 error and site the site is down cause of giving out codes is using up the bandwidth. what site url are u going to? is it the community.undisputed.com site? please help im desparate! :P
http://community.ufcundisputed.com/

# 127 frnkpw13 @ 04/30/10 10:32 AM
woot! for some reasome that link worked but its the same site i was going to. gonna d/l and play when i get home from work today thnx!!

# 128 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 10:35 AM
I'm impressed by the amount of change they've done to this game. This is like Anti-EA game play changes here. I'm going to have my fights tonight but overall I like what I see. I love being able to posture up from any position on the ground and start throwing bombs. If you can sneak a few in quickly they end up being rocked pretty quick which is realistic. I was able to counter some transitions last night as well without being so worried about holding on.

One funny thing is I took Rampage to the ground with Lyoto and Rampage will just elect to hold onto you until the ref stands you both up!

# 129 allBthere @ 04/30/10 10:51 AM
I'm owning now. Patience is key. My favourite thing is putting someone against the cage and blasting knee's to their face. I've won like 8 fights in a row so I'm going to go higher difficulty nw.

# 130 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 11:00 AM
I was skeptical about the changes but I just need to learn more about the game - feels like a new game and they are going in a great direction with it. I wish more companies would be as hungry as these guys were at improving their game so dramatically .. ..cough** ...EA ***.. cough** . madden . . .. **

# 131 TexasBorn1 @ 04/30/10 11:15 AM
Can't win on advanced or expert. Machida is a beast..he's dodging all my punches.

# 132 cheez7 @ 04/30/10 11:21 AM
haha... I like the EA analogy... I enjoy Madden, but yeah, I've been playing it pretty much the same way for however many years now, including the same play calling... can't remember the last time I got a new Madden and had to relearn the way I play it in order to succeed against the CPU (unless you're counting the year with the QB vision cone) like I'm going to have to with the new UFC game... I'm impressed at how all the basic components of the new UFC game are the same, yet it plays so different.

# 133 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/30/10 11:47 AM
I just gotr a straight ko to the body with machida with his knee, i had shogun stunned against the cage tried a headkick that was blocked and then it looked like the knee that crumpled tito and it crumpled rua and as mike would say, It is all over.

More impressions. i suck *** in the clinch i wonder if timing reversals will work in the clinch. i will oficially have no life

# 134 DJ @ 04/30/10 11:48 AM
Just got my code and am downloading the demo. Man, I said I wasn't going to do this but I knew I'd get sucked in. I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering by the end of the weekend

# 135 Jukeman @ 04/30/10 11:50 AM
Was able to sneak in 6 quick matches this morning, first 3 was on Experienced, Knocked Rua out 3 times using Machida...

Then went to expert to see what everyone was talking about regarding Rampage on Expert, LoL those 3 matches didnt last very long as he KO'd me three times(I was Rashad)

Overall with my short experience with the demo, it's def better than last year..I just hope that the crazy KO's is just for show in this demo version
(TKO, TKO, TKO'sssssss)

oh yeah, regarding the combo's are hard to pull off post...

Its def not easy as it was last year, but if you look at the ticker at the botton of the screen, there's a tip that tells you to look for openings when going for combo's..

# 136 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 11:55 AM
Jukeman, I beat Rampage but I would just counter him. If I would start going in wildly he'd beat the snot out of me. If I ever felt I was in danger I'd try and go for a take down or push him against the fence. You can use leg kicks to keep him at a distance as well.

# 137 jeremym480 @ 04/30/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just got my code and am downloading the demo. Man, I said I wasn't going to do this but I knew I'd get sucked in. I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering by the end of the weekend
I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too but, after reading this tread I just went to the website and registered. I'm going to download the demo as soon as I get home...

Oh and I pre-ordered at GS yesterday

# 138 UNC_Pete @ 04/30/10 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too but, after reading this tread I just went to the website and registered. I'm going to download the demo as soon as I get home...

Oh and I pre-ordered at GS yesterday
I'm pre-ordered @ GS as well. WAR NELSON!!

# 139 bignick_13 @ 04/30/10 12:27 PM
Rampage just stand and trade in the middle of the cage. Lots of countering.

Now can someone take me through posturing up and dropping elbows from half guard, mount, etc? I simply cannot get it. Standing is fine, gotta work on ground and clinch.

# 140 wyrm187 @ 04/30/10 12:30 PM
we should start a thread with all the moves in it(universal moves not fighter specific) because I am not understanding the clinch game at all right now - I get locked in it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.