Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one showcases the pregame entrances.

Quote:
"Pageantry and Tradition; two words commonly used to describe what separates college football as one of the greatest experiences in sports today. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the action takes place on the field... and one of the hallmarks of collegiate football is how you get there. From Howard's Rock at Clemson, to the "Play like a Champion Today" sign at Notre Dame, to the roar of the crowd as our favorite team takes the field, we've recreated some of your favorite traditions before kickoff and brought them to you like never before.

As I wrote in my last blog, we really wanted to strengthen our authenticity and presentation in NCAA 11. And to do that, we knew pregame entrances were a major component of building a great foundation. We've created run outs for some of the most popular schools based on who you pledged your loyalty to in last year's title, including Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and more."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Maximus205 @ 05/04/10 07:00 PM
Two points.
A: Why would you not want to play with Da"U" all the time
B: Is it too much to ask that I see this in RTG mode from my players point of view coming out the tunnel? Feel the Immersion.

# 42 hawkeyebred2332 @ 05/04/10 07:01 PM
This is an awesome addition....for the teams that made it in.

I understand Iowa is not as high a priority as most of the teams mentioned, so I don't have a problem if they are not one of the 15-20 teams that get a custom entrance.

BUT as mentioned, they do NOT get led out by Herky with an american flag. Herky comes out with an Iowa flag and plants it on the field before the team comes out. So 3 things

1) Looks awesome and will be really cool to play with/against those teams with entracnes

2) If you are going to implement something, do it RIGHT (American flag and no swarm will ruin Iowa's entrance)

3) I would almost rather have no generic entrances for the teams without custom ones. Takes away from the realism more than it adds (the generic ones I mean).

# 43 fcboiler87 @ 05/04/10 07:05 PM
I got chills. That looks awesome.

# 44 radatdude2 @ 05/04/10 07:06 PM
that was pretty cool creates some college atmosphere

# 45 Watson @ 05/04/10 07:06 PM
1) if LSU came out to the pregame, i'd jizz my pants everytime

2) LOL @ Iowa fans and EA.

# 46 lilcoo3 @ 05/04/10 07:06 PM
I was eager for some dynasty news but this will do. Awesome, so far we know Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Penn State, Michigan, West Virginia, Iowa, and Ohio State. Let me know if I missed anyone

# 47 tyler289 @ 05/04/10 07:07 PM
I hope they at least add SOMETHING for the teams that don't have some specific entrance. Like, Maryland runs out of the Team House to a line of cheerleaders and smoke and etc etc. It's a cool entrance, and I'd hope NCAA 11 adds something at least generic for those of us who don't use those with cool entrances.

And it'd be nice if we could assign entrances to teams like the previous poster suggested, to accommodate for custom teams and stuff.

# 48 sportzbro @ 05/04/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332
This is an awesome addition....for the teams that made it in.

I understand Iowa is not as high a priority as most of the teams mentioned, so I don't have a problem if they are not one of the 15-20 teams that get a custom entrance.

BUT as mentioned, they do NOT get led out by Herky with an american flag. Herky comes out with an Iowa flag and plants it on the field before the team comes out. So 3 things

1) Looks awesome and will be really cool to play with/against those teams with entracnes

2) If you are going to implement something, do it RIGHT (American flag and no swarm will ruin Iowa's entrance)

3) I would almost rather have no generic entrances for the teams without custom ones. Takes away from the realism more than it adds (the generic ones I mean).
I haven't been to a game in a while.. but usually 4 people come out with I, O, W, A flags, then its Herky being held up on a stand, then we WALK out holding arms.

And LOL watsontiger.

I wonder if we can change the entrances or add music?

# 49 Lava @ 05/04/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanSpence31
Any chance you think entrances can be assigned to different teams? For say an option on teambuilder, or even swap them out for real teams as well?
That'd be awesome. I'd say there's a chance it makes it in TB.

# 50 CWood2 @ 05/04/10 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Doesn't look like they added bands on the field. They probably would've said something about that or showed it off if they did. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Still looks great. Anxiously awaiting the demo.
I'm going to flip if they really do split the "T" and have that all done up with Rocky Top.

# 51 Hiro1 @ 05/04/10 07:09 PM
OMG this is sick. If that vid doesn't get you hyped for this game their is no hope and you probably should move on to a new game. Ncaa is my favorite series and from the beginning to the end of the vid I had the greatest grin on my face. I waay excited for this game, most ever in fact. I'm curious what they do for FSU since they mentioned them in the blog. I know osceola plants a burning spear.

# 52 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/04/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I had to post again because I got goosebumps even the second time around!

Damn, do the graphics look awesome or what!?
Yes they do. And the shot of the Ohio State players standing there, ready to come out, arms locked, was inspiring and got me fired up to play...even though the game isn't out yet. I seriously can't wait for this game.

# 53 Pokes404 @ 05/04/10 07:11 PM
Hopefully, for teams with generic entrances, they at least have the team come out of the right spot. As long as that is accurate, I can live with my team having a generic entrance.

I kind of doubt Oklahoma State's entrance will make the cut, but if they have them running out of the north-west tunnel, I'm good. No matter what, it will be a big improvement over what we've had in years past.

# 54 Psyblast @ 05/04/10 07:12 PM
This just keeps getting better...

# 55 HolyCrap @ 05/04/10 07:12 PM
Why do the players jerseys look so smooth? Looks like they are molded out of clay.

Entrances are a nice touch dont kno why we didnt get this sooner or why they took it out.

# 56 Squeezee12 @ 05/04/10 07:12 PM
Looked pretty awesome!! Very excited to see some of the other entrances... I caught what looked like the Big House expansion as well... Also noticed Michigan State didnt have the new unis... But those looked awesome. Im gonna have to play with all those teams at least once in exibition mode just to watch their entrances!!

# 57 hawkeyebred2332 @ 05/04/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I haven't been to a game in a while.. but usually 4 people come out with I, O, W, A flags, then its Herky being held up on a stand, then we WALK out holding arms.
Yeah 4 male cheerleaders lead the team with the I O W A flags. And I mean its not a hard animation to have in...they have OSU linking arms, how much more work is it to edit it to have Iowa holding hands.

But like I said I understand Iowa is not a priority, but first number colors, then facemasks, now inaccurate entrance

# 58 TreyIM2 @ 05/04/10 07:14 PM
No complaints here. Looks good but, most like, they will fall victim to the X button after a while.

# 59 nxt @ 05/04/10 07:14 PM

# 60 sinc79 @ 05/04/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
It'd be nice if they had the Rutgers entrance;

I fell asleep

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.