Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one showcases the pregame entrances.

Quote:
"Pageantry and Tradition; two words commonly used to describe what separates college football as one of the greatest experiences in sports today. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the action takes place on the field... and one of the hallmarks of collegiate football is how you get there. From Howard's Rock at Clemson, to the "Play like a Champion Today" sign at Notre Dame, to the roar of the crowd as our favorite team takes the field, we've recreated some of your favorite traditions before kickoff and brought them to you like never before.

As I wrote in my last blog, we really wanted to strengthen our authenticity and presentation in NCAA 11. And to do that, we knew pregame entrances were a major component of building a great foundation. We've created run outs for some of the most popular schools based on who you pledged your loyalty to in last year's title, including Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and more."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 NDIrish98 @ 05/04/10 09:10 PM
i'm hoping, that, as a Notre Dame fan, they show the players walking down the steps touching the 'Play like a champion today" sign. if they leave it out, i will be veeeeery disappointed.

# 142 Banks1212 @ 05/04/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
lol I'm not trashing your banner dude so quit getting so defensive....what I'm saying is it's not a unique entrance that when you see it in the stadium your like "wow that was expletive awesome"....I've been to a night game at Blacksburg with a friend who is a huge Tech fan and you get that feeling. When your in the stands and the intro for Enter Sandman starts and then you feel the entire stadium shaking you say "wow that was expletive awesome", it gets you ready to play football.....banners just don't do that for me imo they belong in high school.
I'm not getting defensive. Just saying when a michigan fan sees that he or she will bet goosebumps. Any VT fan will get goosebumps when they see VT run out. It's something in your life you love and are passionate about. And it is unique in the fact that nobody else does it. And anyone that does is just copying michigan. If you walked up to random people on the street and asked them to tell you how Mich and VT come out, they will more often than not know how Mich comes out. Far less would know about VT's entrance.

# 143 moylan1234 @ 05/04/10 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
i'm hoping, that, as a Notre Dame fan, they show the players walking down the steps touching the 'Play like a champion today" sign. if they leave it out, i will be veeeeery disappointed.
did you not read the blog? it's in.

# 144 MaizeHaze @ 05/04/10 09:12 PM
Quote:
LOL, There is a pic showing that exact thing!

# 145 its flav @ 05/04/10 09:13 PM
Quote:
did you watch the video? lol

# 146 Triathlete_201 @ 05/04/10 09:13 PM
I'm very impressed! That vid got me pumped up for this game.

# 147 cmehustle @ 05/04/10 09:14 PM
dam i cant wait to button through this

# 148 MaizeHaze @ 05/04/10 09:15 PM
I think I've watched that 10 times now and still get jacked!

# 149 NDIrish98 @ 05/04/10 09:16 PM
sorry bout that, i watched the vid but being that i had 3 kids running around i may have missed it. thanks for the pic though, at the end of this past college football season, my expectations for NCAA 11 were bleak to say the least. the past couple months, i have done a total 180 and now am excited as hell for this game to release.

# 150 MaizeHaze @ 05/04/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
sorry bout that, i watched the vid but being that i had 3 kids running around i may have missed it. thanks for the pic though, at the end of this past college football season, my expectations for NCAA 11 were bleak to say the least. the past couple months, i have done a total 180 and now am excited as hell for this game to release.
No worries! I forgot that I had kids while I was watching that!

# 151 sportzbro @ 05/04/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Exactly what I was going to mention.. I'm just thrilled that Iowa is in this hype vid.. Sure it isn't the SWARM, but this is a huge step forward, and it means that next year the entrances will be even better, as opposed to waiting til next year for only 20-30 teams..

And the ANF sticker is <3
Yea at least we did get some marketing love. I'm also not the biggest fan of the ANF sticker, but whatever - it's an Iowa thing and I'm excited/surprised about it... I wonder if we got any throwback gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Still no love for adidas...
Well, when you think about it.. The overwhelming majority of teams are licensed by Nike so I'm not surprised they got preferential treatment. Plus Adidas cleats just suck.. hahah. IDK, maybe they haven't shown all the options - I bet they added at least one or two new styles.

# 152 CeltBhoy33 @ 05/04/10 09:20 PM
WOW!! This had my heart pumping!

# 153 franko3219 @ 05/04/10 09:23 PM
I am not complaining as I am excited to see the entrances. I was pumped to see OSU locking hands, but wish they would show OSU swaying back and forth in the endzone before rushing the field. Again, not complaining though as I am glad to see they are addressing some of the things they have failed to address in years past.

# 154 MrChainsaw @ 05/04/10 09:26 PM
I just hope Brad doesn't say "and here they come from the tunnel" for every team.

# 155 NDIrish98 @ 05/04/10 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theant1h3ro
Lol actually I chuckle when I see Notre Dame hit that stupid sign because they haven't played like a champion since Holtz left....lol don't you think you may be a little biased when you say Michigan has the best entrance. Sorry an entrance is supposed to get the crowd jacked and the players ready for a physical game nothing does that better then the entire stadium on there feet jumping up and down, trust me I've been there its quite scary when you can literally feel the stadium shaking. Sorry Enter Sandman on a Saturday night beats jumping up and touching a banner or slapping a sign that hasn't meant a thing for 10 years....
to each his own i guess.

# 156 MaizeHaze @ 05/04/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
I just hope Brad doesn't say "and here they come from the tunnel" for every team.
You beat me to it! It would be nice to have him say "Here comes the Wolverines" or whoever the home team is. Just like he did for the ps2/xbox.

# 157 GatorChomp1 @ 05/04/10 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
I may have to custom sound "HEEEEEEERE COME THE GATORS!"

# 158 Solidice @ 05/04/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConVick
Doubt any entrances with animals will be included...EA would have shown at least one of them.
that is why I said "if" they pulled it off(the FSU's real pre-game entrance). I'm not really expecting to see it.

# 159 cdawg44 @ 05/04/10 09:32 PM
Also, I wonder since we have all this now, will the Bands be removed from the pre-game

# 160 da ThRONe @ 05/04/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Also, I wonder since we have all this now, will the Bands be removed from the pre-game
Hopefully it was awful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.