Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 video, featuring more entrances.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 DJ @ 05/12/10 11:18 AM
Really liking the way the game is looking this year.

I hope there is more to FSU's entrance than what they've shown. But, I have a feeling Chief Osceola and Renegade may not be in the game and that would be sad

# 162 noplace @ 05/12/10 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
At 54 secs mark. If you look very quickly, or play it in slow motion. You can see Texas DB #3 back peddle and then react to Texas Tech receiver with a T-stop and plants and then tackles him. Rather than in years past the DB would predict what the WR do before he does it.

You can tell he react to the QB too, because as soon as the QB went into the throwing motion thats when he breaks on the ball and his eyes are on the QB.

If you pause at the UM player throwing da U. You can see the inner palm glove texture, it's crazy how the lighting can cause the effect
That was nice but it was also zone coverage. The bad DB play were the corner knows the route before the WR is normally in man to man. It was nice to see him looking into the backfield and reading the QB eyes though. Now lets see some man...

# 163 drlw322 @ 05/12/10 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
That was nice but it was also zone coverage. The bad DB play were the corner knows the route before the WR is normally in man to man. It was nice to see him looking into the backfield and reading the QB eyes though. Now lets see some man...
Even if it's in zone coverage it's still a good sign. You can tell he picked up his responsibility prior to the ball being thrown. He broke on the ball when the QB was in his throwing motion. In years past during zone coverage, the defender would stick to their zones like ghost zombies and would not pursuit the ball until it is caught. On top of that I've never seen a T-stop in Ncaa or Madden before. DB are also back peddling with their butts down

edit: Looked at the video again, how can you tell that's zone coverage. He looks like a nickel back or safety playing about 7-10 yards off the slot receiver. In a cover 2 shell the safety has the responsibility for the slot receiver. You can tell the WR pushed up the field to break the DB's cushion. When the WR broke on his out route, the DB stopped for his T step, but he took a extra step back and a split sec to gather himself cause of momentum. He then broke on the ball as the QB was in his throwing motion.

This reminds of the video showed by Ian for madden 10, but never made it into the game. The WR and DB non contact interaction has improved. And i'm just seeing the little things because I've played WR and DB all my life, and still do in a semi-pro football league.

# 164 TreyIM2 @ 05/12/10 11:59 AM
Demo in about a month!

# 165 canes21 @ 05/12/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFTirade
It's the American way to get defensive...but UM wouldn't know that since they don't support carrying American flags....this rumor will take the internet by storm
Theres tons of teams that don't carry the American flag either. And I like the Washington Redskins too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
when did Miami become better than the Florida Gators?

And lets not get on EA for Miami's entrance not being authentic because of the American Flag. If it were really authentic the Miami players would be running out in orange jumpsuits and handcuffs.
Miami became better than the Gators since forever Also, how would it be authentic to run out in jumpsuits and handcuffs. There hasn't been a football player arrested since Randy Shannon has been our coach.

# 166 seasprite @ 05/12/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Gators>Hurricanes

You should worry about Miami winning the ACC first before you start calling them the best team in Florida.
They havent been the same since they left the Big East

# 167 Kevin26385 @ 05/12/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Demo in about a month!
I can't wait, the video definitely gets me excited for the demo.

# 168 Gosens6 @ 05/12/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
They havent been the same since they left the Big East
You mean since the refs cheated them in the 2002 National Championship game?

# 169 canes21 @ 05/12/10 12:52 PM
Quote:
Gators>Hurricanes

You should worry about Miami winning the ACC first before you start calling them the best team in Florida.
And you should lighten up a little. From the team entrances thread to here you have always been sort of a jerk to me. I cry myself to sleep because of you.

# 170 Icebergz @ 05/12/10 12:58 PM
I really hope that, in a dynasty, they don't show the same exact players coming out. Switch it up based on your current players. For example, once my SR QB #12 graduates, I don't want to see him coming out of the tunnel the next year.

# 171 str8artist @ 05/12/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
There hasn't been a football player arrested since Randy Shannon has been our coach.
Are you sure?

# 172 prowler @ 05/12/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergz
I really hope that, in a dynasty, they don't show the same exact players coming out. Switch it up based on your current players. For example, once my SR QB #12 graduates, I don't want to see him coming out of the tunnel the next year.
I honestly believe they wouldn't implement it that poorly. I'd imagine it'll be based on ratings and and impact players.

# 173 canes21 @ 05/12/10 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
Are you sure?
I'm pretty sure. If we have, we still probably have one of the lowest numbers of arrests out of all the FBS schools. At least we haven't 30 players arrested under one coach in a few years.*cough* Florida *cough*.

# 174 str8artist @ 05/12/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure. If we have, we still probably have one of the lowest numbers of arrests out of all the FBS schools. At least we haven't 30 players arrested under one coach in a few years.*cough* Florida *cough*.
I know it is better since The Larry Coker Era but, No arrest in 4 years is a clean program for real. I might just have to tip my cap to Shannon.

# 175 Playmakers @ 05/12/10 01:12 PM
Game looks awesome.....

Atmosphere is much better this year. Can't waite to get my hands on it

# 176 canes21 @ 05/12/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
I know it is better since The Larry Coker Era but, No arrest in 4 years is a clean program for real. I might just have to tip my cap to Shannon.
I am pretty sure its zero arrests since he has been here. I don't recall any football players being arrested, and the commentators always brought that up every game last year too.

Now if the basketball team could say the same thing.(Eddie Rios)

# 177 mrprice33 @ 05/12/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
I think Marve might have been the only one.

# 178 canes21 @ 05/12/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I think Marve might have been the only one.
Yea, thats right. I forgot about him. I am so glad he left and had to go to a school like Purdue.(no offense Purdue fans)

# 179 KG @ 05/12/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Looks fantastic. One thing I hope is that they have multiple camera angles for the entrances like NBA 2k10 does so it doesn't get repetitive game after game. But that's a small thing.
That would add a lot to the replay factor.

[quote=Solidice;2041049521]I wonder if they'll have Texas Tech running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Coogrfan nailed it, but yes, after seeing Haumiler expound over and over on how skill position players will look to the sideline, then to see a WR not look, it just worries me that you'll have some stupid glitch in the game where a WR won't look and will then run a wrong route.

When you pass like I do... it's something to be concerned about.
Wouldn't that be the expected outcome assuming the WR is getting the playcall from the sideline?

# 180 Skyliner80 @ 05/12/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangum
Still hate to see that they have Miami with the Orange top and Green bottoms. They've never worn this combo and yet its been available for the past 5+ years!! Outside of that the video is nice. Still taking a wait and see attitude on this game.
Where do you see that? All i saw was Orange Top, White bottom.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.