Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check it out. You get some footage of the game. Dolphins vs Pats; 49ers vs Seahawks; Packers and Giants - hated to see that CB press on the WR and just hold him - WEAK.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 fahrenheit @ 05/18/10 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StongBeach
Lmfao so not true Philly Fraizer.
I think Ray Lewis and his copy of Madden 05 has something to say to you

# 82 SemperVictoria @ 05/18/10 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
That would make sense, but EA Tiburon has a habit of adding a "new" feature then not expanding or building on it. Will the adaptive AI that was nearly useless last year work better? Will pro tak be tuned to enhance player interaction greatly? From the looks of the vids, nothing has improved.

Yep--and there are actually people that don't get it's all marketing based. This is one area where Madden shines: Marketing. New year another whiz-bang new best feature ever (only to be dropped or ignored the next year).

I don't fault EA. When you've got plenty of sheeple willing to drop coin on the game, why do anything different?

# 83 monkeybutlerz @ 05/18/10 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
No vid until 1:00 in.
A dominating D player should be feared. This isn't the case yet in Madden.
Not hating as I really liked the Madden 10 updrade and what I've seen so far in Madden 11. Just asking to get more of this in the game.

Couldn't agree more, I think we all thought that the "stretching" of the ratings was going to accomplish this, but it really didn't. It would be cool to see the superstars as true forces to be reckoned with in the game.

# 84 monkeybutlerz @ 05/18/10 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
I just spent about the past 2 hours watching Red Dead Redemption trailers and gameplay on YouTube, and I was more entertained than I've ever been playing Madden on this gen. When you look at games like RDR, GTA IV, and UC2, and the sheer depth and attention to detail they pay to those games, you just realize how inadequate Madden in the past 5 years has been. I understand these our different genres and have longer development cycles, but still Madden is leaps and bounds behind them in every single way.
I think Naughty Dog has been quoted as having taken an 18 month development cycle for Uncharted 2. No offense to Madden, but the products are not on the same level and it's not like Uncharted 2 took forever to make. Although, one could argue that they got to use a lot from Uncharted 1 to make the second game, they also would have had to used a fairly large portion of their development cycle on writing, acting, creating brand new environments, etc.

Madden is improving, I just wish we'd see more drastic improvement.

# 85 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/18/10 11:18 PM
The more videos I see the more I feel I will not be purchasing this game.

The movements just look so off, and Im a animations whore

Now others will enjoy the game and they should. I just hate poor animations. It ruins the gameplay for me.

Well I hope for those that are excited about the game do not get disappointed and enjoy Madden when it releases.

Good Luck Guys!!!!

Also I saw this video earlier that someone put together and really has me hyped. I have a good feeling about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8pwDhf5w8

# 86 gr18 @ 05/18/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The more videos I see the more I feel I will not be purchasing this game.

The movements just look so off, and Im a animations whore

Now others will enjoy the game and they should. I just hate poor animations. It ruins the gameplay for me.

Well I hope for those that are excited about the game do not get disappointed and enjoy Madden when it releases.

Good Luck Guys!!!!

Also I saw this video earlier that someone put together and really has me hyped. I have a good feeling about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m8pwDhf5w8
This.My sentiments exactly.

# 87 Exonerated @ 05/19/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This.My sediments exactly.
My soil, sand, and minerals washed from land into water, usually after rain, too.

# 88 Vikes1 @ 05/19/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
starting to fulfill the promise of video football's lost generation....
Never heard it put better.

# 89 Jefferson2Lafell @ 05/19/10 07:09 PM
Saw a couple things I liked- The ref in the background signaling the first down, (dont know if it was on 10 but I only saw it on the chain measurements) Chad Henne kept his eyes down field when he scrambled, that was a thing I always hated, they would stare at the sideline as they ran and throw a perfect pass. Finally, I like the WR trying to stay in. Just my observations.

# 90 alliance4g63 @ 05/19/10 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoostheMoos
I know that BB is not going to meet those expectations either...but maybe, just maybe, it will have enough gameplay in it, enough "fun" and enough people playing online to make it a worthy effort at starting to fulfill the promise of video football's lost generation....
I didnt want to quote your whole post but it was a good read. The only thing I kinda disagree with is the BB negativity. All I see is FOOTBALL in the BB clips. Way more FOOTBALL then we have seen in years. I see no MADDEN ball in the BB clips and that is what I have been waiting for since APF.

As far as this Madden preview, all I can say is that is sure looks pretty. What I find very very very hilarious is that they show the scramble to the right gameplay that most of us sim folks hate with a passion. Not to mention they still have the QB backpedal to the side. So as far as I'm concerned.....Same ol Madden...

# 91 blackscorpion11 @ 05/19/10 11:25 PM
EA is still spoon feeding football to it's customers one feature at a time.. Vision cone, pro-tak, locomotion, all this just to re-package the same un-innovative game in a new wrapping and sell it for the same $65 every yr... This year theyve "Tweaked" their gameplay engine but not replaced it, thats why this thing looks the same.. The player models have the same appearance..They don't to make a high quality, complete football experience because if they do we'll play it for several years like we do with APF2K8 and they won't get their yearly $65...

This is why we get bits and pieces added and subtracted but never true realism or innovative features..
Other games take several years to be created, tested and released... Madden comes out every year like clockwork... They frankenstein this thing together with leftover features taken from past versions..slap on a new picture of a popular player and BANG! $65 more dollars.. this will be the 5th year in a row that theyve repeated this formula..

I played madden on the 3do back in 93 and it was one of the best games ive ever played..This series has fallen from grace bigtime, so much so that they no longer deserve the money theyre asking for..IMO

# 92 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/19/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
EA is still spoon feeding football to it's customers one feature at a time.. Vision cone, pro-tak, locomotion, all this just to re-package the same un-innovative game in a new wrapping and sell it for the same $65 every yr... This year theyve "Tweaked" their gameplay engine but not replaced it, thats why this thing looks the same.. The player models have the same appearance..They don't to make a high quality, complete football experience because if they do we'll play it for several years like we do with APF2K8 and they won't get their yearly $65...

This is why we get bits and pieces added and subtracted but never true realism or innovative features..
Other games take several years to be created, tested and released... Madden comes out every year like clockwork... They frankenstein this thing together with leftover features taken from past versions..slap on a new picture of a popular player and BANG! $65 more dollars.. this will be the 5th year in a row that theyve repeated this formula..

I played madden on the 3do back in 93 and it was one of the best games ive ever played..This series has fallen from grace bigtime, so much so that they no longer deserve the money theyre asking for..IMO
This can only open the door for BB. I just saying not trying to start anything, but in the videos of BB I saw things that really impressed me, and the one thing that really stuck out is how there is no suction blocking.

Players get blocked and come of their blocks very realistic. I really feel BB is going to be a pleasant surprise.

I can not wait to create my NFL teams. The tools given to us are very deep.

# 93 blackscorpion11 @ 05/20/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This can only open the door for BB. I just saying not trying to start anything, but in the videos of BB I saw things that really impressed me, and the one thing that really stuck out is how there is no suction blocking.

Players get blocked and come of their blocks very realistic. I really feel BB is going to be a pleasant surprise.

I can not wait to create my NFL teams. The tools given to us are very deep.

Won't it be nice to actually draft a stud defensive lineman and know he'll have a chance to actually get pressure because of no suction blocking? I'm crossing my fingers too that BB plays a more realistic brand of football.. not perfect, just more realistic

# 94 PVarck31 @ 05/20/10 03:08 AM
Enough about Backbreaker. Get back on topic.

# 95 mm boost @ 05/20/10 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Couldn't agree more, I think we all thought that the "stretching" of the ratings was going to accomplish this, but it really didn't. It would be cool to see the superstars as true forces to be reckoned with in the game.

After watching that video, I would love to see EA program in a small but very important animation - defensive end swats. Notice how when the end beats the tackle, and the QB is about to throw, he will reach his arm out to try and deflect the pass or strip the ball while in the motion of throwing? This would make d-lineman a LOT more effective, and would add more strategy to the game. As it stands, you can be standing in pocket basically hip to hip to a defender, and throw a pass with no reprocussions. Make us pay for holding on to a ball for that long, and allow the ball to be stripped at a certain point!

# 96 blackscorpion11 @ 05/20/10 10:34 PM
Where's the momentum physics? When the green bay player breaks tackles, his speed isnt affected, nor was his balance?? He just broke thru two tackles and kept running like no one ever touched him.

When is the last time you saw a player break 2 tackles and not have his balance, direction, or speed affected? This type of gameplay just isnt acceptable anymore, not from a game supposedly mimicking the NFL.

# 97 treee @ 05/20/10 11:51 PM
I loved that pancake by the dolphins lineman, pretty animation. I still wish the DEs would rush upfield harder.

# 98 Exonerated @ 05/21/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFireXXI
This seriously. First time I came here I thought it was the All Pro/2K5 boards. When I commented on this, I got reported and a notification or something for "trolling". These boards are ridiculous lol
We need a new dedicated Madden board. Where people talk about madden. and not incessantly bash it.

Because obviously. This board isn't working. Every second third fourth post is about BB, 2k5, or bashing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.