Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

I think most of us franchise guys would like to see full rosters, with practice squads, real IR and the ability to not be bogged down by the 53 man roster limit during the off-season (until the cut dates occur, of course). Donny Moore's Twitter seems to imply they'll be sticking with the basic 53 yet again this year.

Quote:
"Its the middle of May and we are trying to finalize the Madden 11 rosters.....trying to figure out that final 53 man roster now is tough!"

What are your thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RedZoneD25 @ 05/18/10 04:36 AM
..well that sucks..

# 2 kbigmike2121 @ 05/18/10 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
..well that sucks..
This really sucks. I wonder why they don't allow this... It may be because if they added this they wouldn't just have to make the 1,696 players on the 53 man but more like 1,696 + players and that would take up a lot of time. Other than that though I don't see why they don't add this.

# 3 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/18/10 05:29 AM
Well for now I ain't assuming nothing. That twit is just meaning the final 53 man roster for then regular season bro. That post means nothing more. We don't know yet what they have done are what they have done to the roster and other things in that department yet. To early to assume anything.

# 4 steelers1 @ 05/18/10 06:05 AM
As much as I want 80 man offseason rosters and all of the detail of a real NFL offseason (like compensatory picks, transition tags, and more undrafted free agents), I've almost given up hope.

I would almost be satisfied if they would just bring back practice squads, fix injured reserve, and make a realistic restricted free agency.

That being said, I don't really think you can take that much out of that twitter statement.

# 5 moneal2001 @ 05/18/10 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
This really sucks. I wonder why they don't allow this... It may be because if they added this they wouldn't just have to make the 1,696 players on the 53 man but more like 1,696 + players and that would take up a lot of time. Other than that though I don't see why they don't add this.
NCAA has like what 120 teams with 70 players. Thats a possible 8400 players. Wonder how they get that done in time.

# 6 Vaporub83 @ 05/18/10 09:08 AM
Guys you gotta remember there has to be a 53 man roster for online play. so that doesn't mean anything

# 7 Mr_Riddick @ 05/18/10 09:35 AM
LK I think your just wishful thinking. He said 53. And its may not august,meaning there are more than 53 men on each teams training camp roster. But on the other hand I would like to be suprised. But I highly doubt it. Just saying.....

# 8 Palo20 @ 05/18/10 10:45 AM
As long as IR is fixed, I'll be happy with 53 Man rosters.

# 9 nuckles2k2 @ 05/18/10 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
LK I think your just wishful thinking. He said 53. And its may not august,meaning there are more than 53 men on each teams training camp roster. But on the other hand I would like to be suprised. But I highly doubt it. Just saying.....
So? There still has to be a 53 man roster for online games, exhibition games, Madden moments, etc. Because all of those modes take place with a regular season rosters/depth charts.

Doesn't mean that we won't get expanded rosters during the off-season in franchise. It's too early to tell. Right now Donnie is just purely guessing what the opening days rosters will look like so he has a base to work with once all of the changes start coming.

But they can still have a period for signing undrafted free agents and have an expanded roster in franchise. Maybe they can even take a page out of HC 09's book and allow us to start our franchise in this year's off-season so you can alter the outcome of the FA and draft.

We're still in wait and see mode, can't extrapolate info (good or bad) from someone trying to set a regular season roster before training camp even began.

# 10 mvb34 @ 05/18/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Guys you gotta remember there has to be a 53 man roster for online play. so that doesn't mean anything
Plus we never in Madden was able to start a franchise mode at the offseason...

IF NCAA can have 70 man rosters with 120 teams surely Madden could do that with just 32 teams..

# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/18/10 11:04 AM
That statment at this time don't mean nothing. Ain't assuming nothing until all the info is out.

# 12 jeremym480 @ 05/18/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
As long as IR is fixed, I'll be happy with 53 Man rosters.
I would definitely settle for that this year. I wouldn't be happy about it but, at least that would be an improvement.

# 13 thudias @ 05/18/10 11:25 AM
Yeah but that right there is a pretty good indication

# 14 mvb34 @ 05/18/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Yeah but that right there is a pretty good indication

Not really...

# 15 rooney8 @ 05/18/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I hate how they have to make exceptions because it might effect online in some way.
The amount of time they must have to spend to stop people exploiting online clearly takes away from the rest of the game.

# 16 mvb34 @ 05/18/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
What odds would you actually place on this NOT being true though? We know how this company works. We have seen it for years. This is not meant to bash, but rather looking at how the information, or more importantly, lack thereof, ends up with franchise mode users disappointed.

50/50.. As long the guy who produce Head Coach 09 is still on the team

We got spolied last year with all the blogs of info.

# 17 mvb34 @ 05/18/10 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Looman is burning a ton of calories on MUT unfortunately
??

# 18 Fresh Prince @ 05/18/10 02:31 PM
If it's in the game... it's... ????

Seriously the fact that this game is still missing BASIC EVERY YEAR things... it's inexcusable.

# 19 da ThRONe @ 05/18/10 02:53 PM
With out a full roster the pre-season is completely worthless. Either add the full roster or get rid of the pre-season altogether and edit the off-season.

# 20 patsfan188 @ 05/18/10 03:00 PM
well I won't be buying the game if the franchise mode isn't fixed.
This is just dumb if u can't have more than 53 players during the offseason.
My favourite mode is franchise mode. Think EA u ruined superstar so nobody plays it anymore and i'm not going to play online all the time cus people quit when i'm winning and then I have to play the computer! If I want to play the compute I could just play a play now game.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.