Home
Tiger Woods 11 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 demo is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"Share the Demo With Friends and Earn Experience Points

May 18, 2010 – The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 demo is now available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! The demo invites you to participate in a fully customizable Ryder Cup match that includes three holes on Celtic Manor, the home course of the 2010 Ryder Cup. Share the demo with those on your friends list, via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network, to earn in-game Experience Points (XP).

Using the console messaging system, you can earn in-game XP for each invited friend and additional XP for each invited friend that downloads the demo. The XP can be applied to the full version of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11, when it launches on June 8th (North America) and July 2nd (Worldwide) to help boost your golfer’s skill attributes.

In addition to the Ryder Cup feature, the demo will include the ability to play three holes on the all-new Liberty National golf course. As you hit the links, the all-new Shot Focus system allows players to make shot to shot decisions and offers a bit more risk/reward style of play. Shot Focus is used to provide that extra boost to the ball off the tee, increased spin during flight, the accuracy of your shot and most importantly putt previews. Once your Shot Focus has been depleted you will lose the advantage of those shot enhancements until it recharges.

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 demo will also introduce True Aim – a new feature that brings a more authentic style of play and immersion onto the golf course. Traditional aiming methods have been replaced with yardage markers showing carry distance, and distance to targets. It’s up to you to select the right club and execute your shot. Just like in real life, once the ball leaves the club face it’s on its own.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11, log on to http://www.tigerwoodspgatour.easports.com."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11Hype Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ODogg @ 06/08/10 03:48 PM
no, its on ps3 and 360 too i believe.

# 102 ExtremeGamer @ 06/08/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
no, its on ps3 and 360 too i believe.
Pretty sure it's only Wii. That's first person golf right?

# 103 Skyboxer @ 06/08/10 05:39 PM
True aim is all version , true view is wii only I think but on back on ps3 box it has a line that says all new swing view. But it doesn't look like fp view

# 104 fishepa @ 06/08/10 05:40 PM
What is this true aim thing?

# 105 Skyboxer @ 06/08/10 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Basically you aim from ground level instead of a blimp view. More realistic

# 106 Skyboxer @ 06/08/10 05:47 PM
I picked up ps3 and wii version .

# 107 countryboy @ 06/08/10 06:36 PM
Quote:
there is no landing circle or aiming circle. Pretty much using your surroundings for aiming and markers and carry distance of your clubs to determine whether to take a full swing, half swing, etc...

True aim is more true to the actual sport.

Only drawback I have is that it doesn't allow you to customize the camera and follow the ball in a presentational style. Hopefully they'll patch that in.

# 108 kehlis @ 06/08/10 07:05 PM
Just picked it up. Sorry if this is common knowledge but if you get it at Target, you also get a $10 gift card. Better believe that will be used for NCAA or Madden!

# 109 budsticky @ 06/08/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Just picked it up. Sorry if this is common knowledge but if you get it at Target, you also get a $10 gift card. Better believe that will be used for NCAA or Madden!
If you get it at Kmart you get a $20 EA Sports gaming coupon which you could use on either of those games.

# 110 kehlis @ 06/08/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
If you get it at Kmart you get a $20 EA Sports gaming coupon which you could use on either of those games.
Doh!

# 111 budsticky @ 06/08/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Doh!
Thank goodness for cheapassgamer.com. Not to make you feel worse, but there's a guy who works for KMart on that site that says they are going to have the same coupon offer when NCAA comes out. So you could use the 20 from TW11 on NCAA and then use the 20 for buying NCAA towards Madden.

If you haven't opened it yet and there's a KMart near you you might want to consider heading out for a quick return!

# 112 kehlis @ 06/08/10 07:22 PM
Oh it's open!

It's still $10 better then I had planned on but that still is good news, I'll just buy NCAA at Kmart full price, and use it towards madden. Thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, thank God I can play whatever course I would like to out of the box.

# 113 fishepa @ 06/08/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
there is no landing circle or aiming circle. Pretty much using your surroundings for aiming and markers and carry distance of your clubs to determine whether to take a full swing, half swing, etc...

True aim is more true to the actual sport.

Only drawback I have is that it doesn't allow you to customize the camera and follow the ball in a presentational style. Hopefully they'll patch that in.
I just downloaded the demo, and I like the true aim thing, but would love the presentation cam in tandem with it. I was in a bunker and hit the ball, and the camera doesn't move and I just get to look at the bunker the entire shot. Doesn't make sense the way they do things...

# 114 countryboy @ 06/08/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
I just downloaded the demo, and I like the true aim thing, but would love the presentation cam in tandem with it. I was in a bunker and hit the ball, and the camera doesn't move and I just get to look at the bunker the entire shot. Doesn't make sense the way they do things...
I agree...its flippin' annoying. I play better using the true aim, but man, the camera has to change.

I know real golf you don't follow the ball, but dangit...I due run up hills and from behind objects to see where in the world the ball went to.

# 115 jkeefeholmes @ 06/15/10 10:13 AM
I think this demo is pretty useless. So you can play 3 holes.We all know you can play golf with the game!

It gives you no idea of features, a feel for the game, what pros are there. Overall layout of the game. Only thing it does is what it does in their ads, click on something and it gives a verbal commercial of the feature. I can read that stuff anywhere.

Its just sort of a commercial, and maybe thats what demos are supposed to be. But I personally saw nothing in the demo that made me want to buy the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.