Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog. This is part 1 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Fans! Russ here and I'm back to discuss a crowd favorite. We are now less than two months away from the July 13th release of NCAA Football 11. Personally, I'm very excited about all the details we already talked about with game play and presentation. The game is looking really good right now and the team is working hard to finish in these last couple months.

One of the most asked questions at every event, forum, and live chat we've done so far this year is "What is new with Dynasty?" Well I'm happy to finally be able to answer that question and provide you with a lot of the details in Dynasty Mode. But with all the enhancements this year, Dynasty will be broken down into 3 different blogs; this is the first about the new Phone Call in NCAA Football 11."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drlw322 @ 05/18/10 11:08 AM

# 2 ODogg @ 05/18/10 11:13 AM
screens look a lot better, more futuristic and clean...

# 3 Watson @ 05/18/10 11:14 AM
lol, 3 threads at once.

# 4 Watson @ 05/18/10 11:16 AM
can you post the entire article and screens? it's blocked for me...

# 5 coogrfan @ 05/18/10 11:17 AM
Houston at #25, baby!

There's a lot to digest here, but I definitely like the sound of it.

# 6 jeremym480 @ 05/18/10 11:18 AM

Wow, it seems like making call's will actually be fun this year. I love the school comparison's, changing topic and the ability to view how many points you're ahead or behind the other school's in the running.

Can't wait for Blog 2!!

# 7 Squeezee12 @ 05/18/10 11:31 AM
The last couple years Ive pretty much let the computer do my recruiting. Unless there was a guy that I really wanted. But other than that I didnt do much of my recruiting other than picking the first 35 at the beginning of the season. The recruiting just got boring really. Looks like theyre trying to spice things up again. So Ill have to give it a shot this year.

Very excited for more dynasty news. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long for the remaining 2 parts.

# 8 TripleCrown9 @ 05/18/10 11:37 AM
LMAO at no FCS schools! The ticker says FCS East 17 Air Force 35. Maybe next year guys.

# 9 TracerBullet @ 05/18/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
LOL @ Kent State being on his list.
I noticed that too. All those big time schools then them. The best part is they are ahead of Tennessee haha.

This looks good to me.

# 10 davep @ 05/18/10 11:51 AM
As long as the ratings actually matter when I play the game on the field, then recruiting could be fun again.

# 11 jared52 @ 05/18/10 11:51 AM
I don't think the points system is the way to go since these decisions aren't as concrete for that. It's certainly difficult to mimic a human behavior like that (choosing a school) but I don't know that being 20 points behind a school is going to really give me a sense I am recruiting a player, it will feel like more of just another game. Will there be surprises? Can I be 20 points behind and still be picked by the recruit? If so, that might change my opinion.

# 12 mangler @ 05/18/10 11:52 AM
I liked all of that with the possible exception of showing how many points ahead/behind you are of your competition. I kind of like having to read (guess) how much cushion or making-up I have (to do). I would be more interested in having several levels of interest shown on a meter (similiar to how it is on 10) without the numbers.

New graphics looked nice. Loved the comparison. Recruiting should be fun.

# 13 vanderbiltfan87 @ 05/18/10 11:55 AM
I really like the new menus and call format. This truly needed the upgrade.

But come on now, a 5 Star FB? Really? This again? The recruiting class creator or whatever really needs to be updated.

# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/18/10 11:57 AM
Nice blog. Can't can't for the other 2.

# 15 rudyjuly2 @ 05/18/10 11:58 AM
I like the new look. I'm waiting to here what other changes they have. I'd love to hear if they added a recruiting difficulty.

# 16 Hova57 @ 05/18/10 12:00 PM
Ok everyone take a glass and start sipping . this kool aid is tasting so good right now

# 17 TracerBullet @ 05/18/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87
I really like the new menus and call format. This truly needed the upgrade.

But come on now, a 5 Star FB? Really? This again? The recruiting class creator or whatever really needs to be updated.
That's actually the first time I've seen a 5 star fullback in the past couple years. Usually they are no higher than 3 stars for me.

# 18 Solidice @ 05/18/10 12:01 PM
I like that they added promises to be available all season, and that they limited them. I might actually use them this year, at least, if they are not glitched again.

# 19 tylerd02 @ 05/18/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler
I liked all of that with the possible exception of showing how many points ahead/behind you are of your competition. I kind of like having to read (guess) how much cushion or making-up I have (to do). I would be more interested in having several levels of interest shown on a meter (similiar to how it is on 10) without the numbers.

New graphics looked nice. Loved the comparison. Recruiting should be fun.
Agreed

# 20 splff3000 @ 05/18/10 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler
I liked all of that with the possible exception of showing how many points ahead/behind you are of your competition. I kind of like having to read (guess) how much cushion or making-up I have (to do).
This.
I'm not gonna say that this will ruin recruiting in OD's but I think it will severely change the way things are done. For instance, there were quite a few times in our OD in 10 were someone would give up recruiting someone because they thought they were too far behind. Now no one never knew how far behind they really were, but they thought they were too far and that's all that matters. That seems more lifelike to me than seeing points. I mean Florida State doesn't really know how far they are behind Miami in getting that top recruit. They can just assume which is what you had to do before this. I'm not saying it's going to ruin recruiting, I just think it makes it less realistic. Honestly, I would like to see a national signing day and if the top teams were within 100pts of each other the recruit could go to either one of those teams. Now, that would be pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like the new look. I'm waiting to here what other changes they have. I'd love to hear if they added a recruiting difficulty.
I doubt they added that. We've been asking for that for years now with no luck. It would be nice though.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.