Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog. This is part 1 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Fans! Russ here and I'm back to discuss a crowd favorite. We are now less than two months away from the July 13th release of NCAA Football 11. Personally, I'm very excited about all the details we already talked about with game play and presentation. The game is looking really good right now and the team is working hard to finish in these last couple months.

One of the most asked questions at every event, forum, and live chat we've done so far this year is "What is new with Dynasty?" Well I'm happy to finally be able to answer that question and provide you with a lot of the details in Dynasty Mode. But with all the enhancements this year, Dynasty will be broken down into 3 different blogs; this is the first about the new Phone Call in NCAA Football 11."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 stoncold32 @ 05/18/10 10:39 PM
i jsut wish there was an option for old school recruiting. This new in-season recruiting might be more realistic, but it takes up massive amounts of time and ruins the continuity of seasons.

I havent done a franchise beyond year two the entire next-gen cycle

# 102 MaizeHaze @ 05/18/10 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i agree that for those who arent into the whole recruiting thing it can be tedious, they should have a way to speed the process.

i'm not mentioning anyone specific i'm just saying for a long time ive seen people asking for something different about recruiting and now they talk about recruiting and from a lot of people i'm just seeing complaining now. If you're not one of those people complaining then i'm not talking about you. But people that keep complaining about the fact that there is a number now, i mean EA can never get it right because people are always going to complain.
It does get a bit annoying!

# 103 moylan1234 @ 05/18/10 11:39 PM
It's not "complaining" people are just giving their feedback which for the thousandth time is exactly what this board is for and is exactly what the devs are looking for as well. stop complaining about the complainers because they're really not complainers at all.

# 104 BROman @ 05/18/10 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
i jsut wish there was an option for old school recruiting. This new in-season recruiting might be more realistic, but it takes up massive amounts of time and ruins the continuity of seasons.

I havent done a franchise beyond year two the entire next-gen cycle
for real, the only things i do in recruiting are set up the board and offer when the cpu hasn't, i let the cpu handle the calls and pitches and all that other b.s. this blog hasn't swayed me back to recruiting myself. classic would be nice and neater- hc call, ac call, in home visit, or campus visit, or all of the above. i enjoyed recruiting a lot more when it wasn't so tedious.

# 105 CornrowWallace @ 05/18/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
It's not "complaining" people are just giving their feedback which for the thousandth time is exactly what this board is for and is exactly what the devs are looking for as well. stop complaining about the complainers because they're really not complainers at all.
+1

# 106 boritter @ 05/19/10 01:08 AM
I like a lot of the new additions included in this blog. Russ said this will make recruiting faster but I got the impression that the changes add new details/info and give the gamer more options. Without playing the game yet, I would think that makes phone calls more time consuming.

# 107 I Peench @ 05/19/10 04:10 AM
For some reason, I'm optimistic about the fact that they are showing a FB. They NEVER EVER had enough FBs in the past. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I'll keep on dreamin

# 108 fcboiler87 @ 05/19/10 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I like a lot of the new additions included in this blog. Russ said this will make recruiting faster but I got the impression that the changes add new details/info and give the gamer more options. Without playing the game yet, I would think that makes phone calls more time consuming.
It definitely looks like it could be more time consuming. I cannot see how this would be any faster unless the menus were sped up to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
For some reason, I'm optimistic about the fact that they are showing a FB. They NEVER EVER had enough FBs in the past. Probably doesn't mean anything, but I'll keep on dreamin
The thing is, there are never very many fullbacks in real life. There are definitely no 5 star fullbacks. The college game has evolved to the point where they are largely unnecessary in many offenses. If EA would just change the requirement, we could stop worrying about having to recruit one. Heck, I don't now. I just recruit enough TEs to change one to a fullback because I won't ever use one.

# 109 RynoAid @ 05/19/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't believe you pick the pitches. you only select how many topics there will be(1-6). then the recruit chooses which pitches are talked about.
correct, but you have the option to bypass a specific pitch up to 3 times per 1 hour call.. also, the system will randomly allow you to choose the topic once in awhile.

# 110 RynoAid @ 05/19/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87

There are definitely no 5 star fullbacks. .
Mike Alstott? just sayin'

# 111 mattbooty @ 05/19/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
The thing is, there are never very many fullbacks in real life. There are definitely no 5 star fullbacks. The college game has evolved to the point where they are largely unnecessary in many offenses. If EA would just change the requirement, we could stop worrying about having to recruit one. Heck, I don't now. I just recruit enough TEs to change one to a fullback because I won't ever use one.
A 5* fullback isn't that unrealistic. There are a number of 4* fullbacks recruited every year. I understand 5* is meant to be the pinnacle and only the top 50ish people in a recruiting class get this rating. Granted a lot of fullbacks in college were RBs / LBs in high school then recruited and moved to FB, but I don't think EA can assume their entire user base is savvy enough to do this every time they need a new FB.

I've played in the past with teams that use a FB heavily and it has been rough because you end up stuck with a 2* FB, and no other positions moved well to FB, either it was an RB with no blocking skills or a TE with no running skills. I'd rather have a few overly good FB's than none at all, although ideally there should be more larger RBs that can convert to FB with some blocking skills (hopefully locomotion will make this happen), rather than finding 250 lb RBs with 96 speed an no blocking.

# 112 RynoAid @ 05/19/10 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think some of you are forgetting that while you may know where you stand with the recruit, you do not know what the other school will do which will lead to surprises. Also, just because you know a team is catching up does not mean you will be able to stop them.
correct, especially with the comparison recruiting feature...

for example...

lets say your #1 on a 5* stud HB everybody wants... You pump in as much time as you can (1 hour) and gain 400-600 points (average call). Well, the other 3 schools behind you are comparison recruiting against your school specifically because your at #1. Let's say each one of them racks up 75 negative points for you while compiling 200-400 positive points for themselves (you take a hit in total positive points you can get when you comparison recruite as oppose to a straight pitch).

After 3 guys do this.. your 400 points turns into 75 points... while all the other teams are catching up with their 200 point gains and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Also, i've seen 1 hour phone straight pitches get as little as 250 points or as much as 900 points.. all depending on several different factors.

So just because you see that your ahead in points, it doesn't mean your going to stay ahead or that you can even calculate what you need to do to keep your lead... you just have to do the best recruiting you can and hope the chips fall your way.

# 113 oldman @ 05/19/10 10:15 AM
Yawn. Big deal, I don't see how this makes the phone calls faster and also don't see this being different enough from last years to make it fresh.

# 114 RynoAid @ 05/19/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Yawn. Big deal, I don't see how this makes the phone calls faster and also don't see this being different enough from last years to make it fresh.
from experience using the system, it's TOTALLY different than previous versions. In fact it took me a good 2 hours to just figure out the basics of what i could do and how to begin to try to use it effectively.

# 115 ODogg @ 05/19/10 10:27 AM
Haha, that statement is going to enthrall some folks and disgust and exasperate others RynoAid.

# 116 RynoAid @ 05/19/10 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Haha, that statement is going to enthrall some folks and disgust and exasperate others RynoAid.
recruiting is about the sim aspect of the game, if guys don't want to take the time to enjoy the recruiting parts there is still the option to have the CPU handle your recruiting for you.

i never understood the arguement... guys want to be in control of recruiting but yet they don't want to take the time to recruit and enjoy that aspect of the dynasty...

# 117 ODogg @ 05/19/10 10:42 AM
I'm with you on that RynoAid.. 100%

# 118 vanderbiltfan87 @ 05/19/10 10:59 AM
You know, EA could make recruiting and dynasty perfect. But if they don't increase roster sizes to 85 then it just doesn't matter. This is my deal breaker. I have to leave out guys lower on the depth chart/some freshmen to get my numbers down to 70. So, by year 2 or 3 of dynasty my team resembles nothing of what it should possibly look like in real life.

# 119 mangler @ 05/19/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
correct, especially with the comparison recruiting feature...

for example...

lets say your #1 on a 5* stud HB everybody wants... You pump in as much time as you can (1 hour) and gain 400-600 points (average call). Well, the other 3 schools behind you are comparison recruiting against your school specifically because your at #1. Let's say each one of them racks up 75 negative points for you while compiling 200-400 positive points for themselves (you take a hit in total positive points you can get when you comparison recruite as oppose to a straight pitch).

After 3 guys do this.. your 400 points turns into 75 points... while all the other teams are catching up with their 200 point gains and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Also, i've seen 1 hour phone straight pitches get as little as 250 points or as much as 900 points.. all depending on several different factors.

So just because you see that your ahead in points, it doesn't mean your going to stay ahead or that you can even calculate what you need to do to keep your lead... you just have to do the best recruiting you can and hope the chips fall your way.
teaming up to keep a certain recruit from a certain user will definately add a new level of strategy to ODs.

# 120 boritter @ 05/19/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
In fact it took me a good 2 hours to just figure out the basics of what i could do and how to begin to try to use it effectively.
So much for recruiting taking less time....

I like recruiting but the truth is it becomes repetitive after a few seasons of dynasty. People don't mind 10 minutes of repetition but once recruiting takes longer than a game people begin to get frustrated.

Doesn't the fact that it takes so long contradict the blogs claim that it makes phone calls faster?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.