Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog. This is part 1 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"Hey NCAA Fans! Russ here and I'm back to discuss a crowd favorite. We are now less than two months away from the July 13th release of NCAA Football 11. Personally, I'm very excited about all the details we already talked about with game play and presentation. The game is looking really good right now and the team is working hard to finish in these last couple months.

One of the most asked questions at every event, forum, and live chat we've done so far this year is "What is new with Dynasty?" Well I'm happy to finally be able to answer that question and provide you with a lot of the details in Dynasty Mode. But with all the enhancements this year, Dynasty will be broken down into 3 different blogs; this is the first about the new Phone Call in NCAA Football 11."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 fcboiler87 @ 05/20/10 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS07
In this video he you will see that he really wasnt even Purdue's FB. He also is thier all time leading rusher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBeSOyzC8g&NR=1
Yes, exactly. I forgot to even make that point.

# 142 RynoAid @ 05/20/10 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Yes, exactly. I forgot to even make that point.
I know all about Mike Alstott... and if I recruited a 5* FB in the game, he would see time at HB too, especially in short yardage or late in the game. Depending on speed and what else I had at HB.. he may even be my fulltime starter mixed with a partime scat back.

anyways, i was just pointing out that there are bigtime FB type players in college football, which contradicts the gentlemen saying that nobody uses that position.

I find it funny that of all the improvements and changes to recruiting, a few guys are focused on a 5* fullback they saw in a screen shot. That doesn't mean there is going to be four 5* FB's every year in the recruit pool. Let's stay focused on the big changes, not get bogged down in discussing one player you saw in the recruit pool.. I mean is that a gamekiller for you? to have a 5* FB in the recruiting class?

# 143 Hova57 @ 05/20/10 09:19 AM
man thatbugs me about this site sometimes guys jump all over one small thing and it blows up .

# 144 RynoAid @ 05/20/10 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Mike Alstott was NOT a 5 star fullback. He was barely even recruited. You are just aware of how he turned out to be.

Here is a link to the class of 2010 fullbacks.
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...pid=13&yr=2010

There are three 4-stars and eight 3-stars. If you look at this year's class, the class of 2011, there are eight 3 stars and that is it. There's just very few big time fullback recruits. Just because they turn out to be good, doesn't mean they were recruited as such. Go back through all the years and there is NEVER a 5-star fullback.
so there are three 4* FB's in the class of 2010 and you think having ONE 5* is that unrealistic that it ruins the realism? whatever.. i think this is nitpicking IMO

# 145 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/20/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
so there are three 4* FB's in the class of 2010 and you think having ONE 5* is that unrealistic that it ruins the realism? whatever.. i think this is nitpicking IMO
I agree with you on this because to me all its doing is adding to the game by throwing us off by maybe that player might in up a bust if he goes pro...

# 146 RynoAid @ 05/20/10 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapdaman
Will we be able to do conference realignments in dynasty? If so, will we be able to do this for all the conferences not just the team's conference that you're playing in? We keep hearing about possible conference realignments in the PAC-10, SEC, Big-Ten, etc. If these realignments were to happen in real life it would make CFB very interesting and it would make this video game much better. So again will this option be available in dynasty?*
this thread is about the blog post topic. I can't comment on any information not already released by EA.

# 147 Vaporub83 @ 05/20/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapdaman
Will we be able to do conference realignments in dynasty? If so, will we be able to do this for all the conferences not just the team's conference that you're playing in? We keep hearing about possible conference realignments in the PAC-10, SEC, Big-Ten, etc. If these realignments were to happen in real life it would make CFB very interesting and it would make this video game much better. So again will this option be available in dynasty?*
If the realignment happens it won't happen until next season at the earliest. So no you shouldn't be able to realign. I don't even think the NCAA would allow them to put that in the game.

# 148 DorianDonP @ 05/20/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
If the realignment happens it won't happen until next season at the earliest. So no you shouldn't be able to realign. I don't even think the NCAA would allow them to put that in the game.
I really dont understand why. We have the options to create teams AND realign conferences by swapping teams. So why would the NCAA not allow expansion in a video game simulation?

I feel the same way about them not allowing a playoff in a video game. There was a playoff mode in Gamebreaker 2000.

Anyway, on topic. I think im torn on this. I think the new presentation and interface looks alot better and more fun to use....but the point think would ONLY work if massive points could be gained or lost leading up to signing day. I follow recruiting, so many times you know who a recruit is going to sign with. We know Debose was signing with Florida, we know Christian Jones was signing with FSU....and so forth. I have no problem with seeing a team way out in front and knowing it will be tough to get him....recruits say all the time "It will take a lot for another team to snatch me up"...showing it numerically is fine. Especially if the points for each pitch ends up being random.

But, when its getting close to signing day, there should be certain things like visits that could gain hundreds of points in one week. That way, even a team with a 200 point lead a week before signing day could lose out to a recruit because the 5th team on his last brought him in on a visit that gained them 250 points. Or something like that.

Or, point totals could simply be shut off the week before signing day (since we know, there is a ton of misinformation the week before signing day in real life). If there was some sort of signing day aspect of the recruiting where you really dont know what your points are and you simply wait to see if any teams gained ground, then what would make it great.

I will wait for the rest of the blogs before I make up my mind one way or the other.

# 149 jkits @ 05/20/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
this thread is about the blog post topic. I can't comment on any information not already released by EA.
Hey RynoAid,

I know you can't release too much info, but since we're on recruiting, Im interested in the RECRUITING MAP...

Remember in the last gen pS2/xbox version of NCAA, the recruiting map was interactive. Meaning that once you selected the map menu, you were able to select a state such as Florida or Texas, and were able to view all the recruits for particular state? It gave me a great sense of going to that particular state and recruiting the areas. In the now PS3/360 era, when you selected the map on the recent versions, all that is shown is a list of your targeted recruits on a side panel. It isn't very interactive, it kinda sucks. i hate having t to cycle through states with the R2 button, where its easier to select the map, select a pipline/or other states and view recruits that way. I begged EA to bring back this very very small aspect too recruiting, but effective in my opinion.

Did you get a chance to see if they brought it back??? It'll be great to know! Thanx...

# 150 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/20/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Hm...well that just left me salivating over the potential possibilities. I.E., I'm probably reading too much into your non-answer.

# 151 jolson88 @ 05/20/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Hm...well that just left me salivating over the potential possibilities. I.E., I'm probably reading too much into your non-answer.
LOL, that was the same reaction I had to it. It could have easily been ignored. But I think we're reading too much into it :P.

# 152 patsfan188 @ 05/20/10 04:17 PM
whens the next part coming?

# 153 Lava @ 05/20/10 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
whens the next part coming?
Part 2 was just released, if that's what you were asking about.

# 154 fcboiler87 @ 05/20/10 06:48 PM
Quote:
Well, yes. If there is never such thing as a 5 star, why start now. No, it's not that big of a deal. I'll still buy the game, play the heck out of it, and enjoy it. I was merely making a point among many others if you read my post earlier on.

# 155 Mos1ted @ 05/21/10 02:35 AM
As a (soon to be former) military recruiter, the phone call is one of the most important aspects of recruiting; I'm glad to see a game finally try the nail the nuisances of the all important phone call.

In regards to being able to see how far behind or ahead you are compared to other schools, that is actually possible in real life to a degree. If you spend any significant amount of time on the phone with a prospect and do the proper fact finding, you'll know where you stand against other schools.

For example, I have to compete a lot against the Air Force, and I can always tell if I had a chance or not convincing a prospect to take a look at the Army. The Air Force sells recruits on quality of life and the reputation of being a "easier" branch of service. As a recruiter, I already know what competitive advantages the other services have against the Army. I also know the advantages that the Army has like more jobs = more opportunities. I have to find out just how important my advantages are and how important another branches advantages are to a prospect. Then I can leverage whether I'm winning or losing the fight.

You simply find out what their "buying motives" are and show them how your service (or in this case your school) fits in to what they are looking for. You can tell by simple emotion (by listening for changes in their vocal tone) whether you "got them" or not. It may not be as cut and dry as a points system in real life, but it is possible nonetheless.

And some advice for you Dynasty guys, in recruiting, you never want to start throwing pitches at prospects from the jump. Fact find first, then pitch. Find out what is important to them because when you pitch and they have zero interest in swinging at anything you're throwing at them, you strike out. Not them lol.

# 156 Mos1ted @ 05/21/10 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

I never understood this either. I want recruiting to be as "tedious" as possible as long as it's simulating recruiting IRL.

Trust me, recruiting can get very tedious (especially having to make phone call after phone call for hours at a time), but it is very rewarding when you land a prospect. It's also very frustrating when you lose a prospect you thought you had to someone else. I've lost a few people to the Air Force and that was the most frustrating part of the job. But I've also "stolen" a few prospects from other branches, so it balances itself out in the end LOL. I sure hope NCAA 11 nails this aspect of recruiting perfectly!! It's going to be a "fun" experience if so LOL.

# 157 gotti1914 @ 05/21/10 07:20 AM
I am glad they decided to update this feature...I rather see a video of this than screen shots...

# 158 buster65 @ 05/26/10 02:58 AM
It would be awesome if they had a "Recruiting Expert" feature. Give ratings ranging from "No chance" to "Lock". I think that would be really helpful. Anyway, I love the new additions.

NCAA 11 Rosters

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.