Home
NHL 11 News Post

Check out the new screenshot of NHL 11 screenshot showcasing the all-new real-time physics engine.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Vince @ 05/21/10 03:43 PM
How anyone can think NHL 10's presentation is top notch is beyond me.

No stat overlays. Nothing about powerplay. If you're talking simply commentary okay, but that is only a small part of presentation as a whole...

Please don't even compare NHL 10's to the Show's.

# 62 Vikes1 @ 05/21/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker

This may be a good time for EA to work on this, as 2K hockey takes a break, but it also means that instead of refining an awesome game, NHL 11 could be the beginning of a new game. It might take a few years to get it really as tight as the current game.
I think this is a realistic concern Jay.

Seems like with almost everything that's newly tried with anything, there's bound to be some growing pains. Things that are going to need improvement as time goes by...from where the "new thing" started.

I sure hoping from where this new physic engine starts, it really shows some terrific promise. And that the game won't need too much work to refine it. But my confidants level still remains high, that NHL '11' will be a solid, and better game.

# 63 onlybygrace @ 05/21/10 08:57 PM
Humans, humans...

its okay for both gameplay and presentation to be priorites.

Both are important, my only evaluation is that EA is further along in the gameplay department...to the point that the presentation needs to catch-up a bit.

Not to say gameplay is irrelavant or beyond critism.

C'mon guys, its not an all or nothing proposition in either respect.

# 64 mercalnd @ 05/21/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Opinion and your welcome to it...I see franchise as needing some work, but definitely still a lot of fun. If you wait for any franchise to be perfect or even close to it, I'm sorry to tell you that you'll rarely be satisfied.

Now...if there were something like MLB 2k10 where drafted rookies freeze the game when coming to the plate, I would agree with you.

However, if you can live the the salary cap OFF it fixes the FA's rotting in free agency for the most part.

And the trading and be toggled on/off for most of the season, which is a way of having some control of the madness on that one.

Perfect??? No. Playable??? Yes.
I agree. The word unplayable gets thrown around way too much when it comes to these sports games, regardless of which sport or series.

# 65 Vikes1 @ 05/22/10 01:05 AM
Just so I'm clear on this guys...

Is this truly an "All new" physics engine...or is this the engine that FIFA has already, and it's being borrowed by NHL? My guess would be that "new" means new. But just wondering.

# 66 Lightbringer719 @ 05/22/10 01:22 AM
Also, I hope the Real-Time Physics Engine also extends to goal celebrations, so we can see the goofy ones like the guy spinning and pointing at someone disappear.

# 67 vicodin14 @ 05/22/10 02:53 PM
Hi Guys!

Jordan Patricio here, one of the 14 community reps. And as specific details about the physics can not be said, I can assure that it is amazing. 2K Sports taking a year off in my opinion is going to kill that franchise, because while they wait and study NHL 10... NHL11 will blow them out of the water.

But i'll let Qb tell you all about that...

# 68 plaidchuck @ 05/22/10 05:38 PM
Any info available/allowed to be released on better collision detection with the sticks(other than broken sticks)?

# 69 vicodin14 @ 05/22/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
2k did a fairly good job of killing their NHL franchise themselves by relying on port jobs for the first 4 iterations of the game on this gen to begin with. Are you allowed to say if the new physics engine includes everything else aside from checking?
In depth details will be released soon. Keep in mind this is the first time realtime physics has been added. Now as Jason Rupert explained to me... there is ALWAYS physics in games... but this one is special, and when the details are released, you'll see why.

# 70 green94 @ 05/22/10 06:34 PM
Good stuff vicodin.

# 71 Vikes1 @ 05/22/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicodin14
In depth details will be released soon. Keep in mind this is the first time realtime physics has been added. Now as Jason Rupert explained to me... there is ALWAYS physics in games... but this one is special, and when the details are released, you'll see why.
Can't wait to hear what the details are on this.

I mean if weight, momentum, and just what the human body is actually capable of doing, is now going to be truly considered...this should really change things in a big way.

I wonder what the difference is between what the Madden game is getting, and what we're getting with NHL?

# 72 Money99 @ 05/22/10 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicodin14
That's awesome! I loved reading that last sentence.
Thanks vicodin!

# 73 MizzouRah @ 05/22/10 10:15 PM
I'm drooling over here...

# 74 SidVish @ 05/22/10 10:33 PM
I'm very pumped about this game.

# 75 Qb @ 05/23/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I really hope that Qb can get "fix skating!" into their heads.
I certainly did my best. A lot of the other reps agreed with me and Redshirt seemed to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
We'll see how it plays out but either way it sounds like some good things are in store for NHL 11 and they didn't just sit back what with 2k not releasing a 360/PS3 NHL game this year.
I can assure you that isn't the case. Damn, I wish I could be specific. But I can't, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
i'm interested to see what they've done. real time physics is a meaningless marketing word.
I understand where you're coming from, but I saw some very "real" changes when playing the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
This real time physics has me pumped up big time! Can't wait for Sept.
Dude, you're always pumped. You are OS's Big Poppa Pump.

# 76 actionhank @ 05/23/10 02:07 PM
I'm excited for anything that keeps my 250 pound defense-men from getting dropped like a bad habit twice by Sidney Crosby...
And i didn't even have the puck The refs just let him get away with roughing...

# 77 BlueNGold @ 05/23/10 10:17 PM
I wonder if real-time physics involves players losing teeth?

# 78 armi5718 @ 05/24/10 01:02 AM
I'm curious ay the least. I am also weary though. Last year I felt like I was duped by the marketing machine. Anything we hear or see up until release I am taking with a grain of salt

# 79 Vikes1 @ 05/24/10 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Anything we hear or see up until release I am taking with a grain of salt
I'm trying to keep things in perspective too Armi.

I do have faith in EA Canada...but Tiburon has taught me to be a little bit on the cautious side.

# 80 Qb @ 05/24/10 04:12 PM
Yeah, but this was only a tease with the screenshot. The official physics-related announcement hasn't been made yet, so I can't say anymore than what's already been said. Same for CHL integration; can't get into specifics at this time, only what was in the press release. Sorry, gentlemen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.