Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has posted a new blog discussing prospects. This is part 2 of a 3 part dynasty blog.

Quote:
"For the rest of this blog we are going to go over some of the new things we've done with the Prospects in Dynasty Mode. As you all know, the further you get in future years of Dynasty Mode the more the new Prospects coming into your game matter, so we had to ensure we did a better job this year in creating and ranking these Prospects.

As you many of you have already guessed, there is a new ratings spread in NCAA Football 11. You'll no longer see dozens of players at 99 OVR in this year's game when looking at the rosters we ship with. Hence, we had to ensure the new Prospects created in Dynasty Mode matched the new philosophy. The Prospects have been re-created... every single one of them. The reason being is we wanted to ensure that all positions in the game had its share of elite players, multiple types of players, and an even spread from top to bottom.

What classifies as an elite Prospect has changed from previous years with the new ratings spread. As you can imagine, you'll no longer see true freshman come into the game rated in the 90's OVR or even high 80's OVR. Only the top Prospects at any position this year will come in over an 80 OVR and depending on your school, he may or may not be able to start instantly."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 NDFan1029 @ 05/21/10 04:57 PM
Can someone please explain to me the Coaching Carousel and why it is such a big part of the game? I like the recruiting to be as realistic as possible, so it seems like this is something that is very important to the game.

# 102 beelo @ 05/21/10 05:10 PM
Dynasty is shaping out pretty decent as of now. Still hoping for some better news...

# 103 LionsFanNJ @ 05/21/10 05:23 PM
My god. They've done something with recruits.....Now maybe i can recruit my speed defense with some speed/Coverage MLB's without having to change over SS to LB's I....I can't believe it.

...and if they add some coaching carousel/CPU recruiting their strengths deal......i'm sold. Yeah i'm drunk of the kool-aid and rum.

# 104 da ThRONe @ 05/21/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Can someone please explain to me the Coaching Carousel and why it is such a big part of the game? I like the recruiting to be as realistic as possible, so it seems like this is something that is very important to the game.
Right now coaches have zero impact on the game. If it's done right it will seperate good coaches from bad coaches. By giving coaches stats which include ages. This really will allow coaches to be hired and fire and when they go to different schools they take their schemes with them to the new school. Hopefully they incorporate OC/DC and give them stats also. So a coach can have a staff and it leaves a greater pool for hires.

# 105 Solidice @ 05/21/10 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Right now coaches have zero impact on the game. If it's done right it will seperate good coaches from bad coaches. Also giving coaches stats which include ages. This really will allow coaches to be hired and fire and when they go to different schools they take there schemes with them to the new school. Hopefully they incorporate OC/DC and give them stats also. So a coach can have a staff and it leaves a greater pool for hires.
yes. a good example of a game that has this feature is College Hoops 2k8. the coaching carousel made that game for me. I likely wouldn't even think about getting that game without it(I'm not a huge BBall fan). if NCAA 11 had this properly installed, I'll probably be set for video games for the most part for the next year.

# 106 tswiatkowski @ 05/21/10 09:33 PM
http://procombat.nikemedia.com/assets/images/hiRes/TCU_Pro_Combat_UNIFORM_hiRes.jpg
This link is to the TCU Pro Combat uniforms. The jersey and pants in the blog are not pro combat style, but the helmet is, so I am assuming that they added the uniforms to the mix and match categories

# 107 Buckeyes_Doc @ 05/22/10 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelo
Dynasty is shaping out pretty decent as of now. Still hoping for some better news...
My thoughts. The first 2 blogs have been good and its about time they did something with recruiting but I'm still waiting for some "big" news. Such as AD mode, coaching carousel, etc.

# 108 sportznut02 @ 05/22/10 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
My thoughts. The first 2 blogs have been good and its about time they did something with recruiting but I'm still waiting for some "big" news. Such as AD mode, coaching carousel, etc.
Hopefully we get more big news. Even if we don`t I am more than satisfied with what they have put out there for this years game.

# 109 Buckeyes_Doc @ 05/22/10 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Hopefully we get more big news. Even if we don`t I am more than satisfied with what they have put out there for this years game.
Yea so am I, recruiting itself is a huge part of dynasty so just these changes alone plus the ESPN presentation and the gameplay improvements are shaping up to make NCAA 11 a great game.

# 110 sportznut02 @ 05/22/10 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
Yea so am I, recruiting itself is a huge part of dynasty so just these changes alone plus the ESPN presentation and the gameplay improvements are shaping up to make NCAA 11 a great game.

Yeah I am glad to see that they did some work to recruiting. It`s been long over due now.

What I really want to see are some new additions to Online Dynasty such as a plus 3 recruiting rule implemented into the game.

# 111 tswiatkowski @ 05/22/10 11:02 AM
Canes, did you look at the link, the jersey in the picture is definitely all purple with white cuffs, it doesnt even have the procombat design on the shoulderpads. The pants in the nike procombat picture are frogskin gray with black stripes, while the pants in this one look white. There are no numbers on the sleeves for the procombat model, while numbers on the sleeves are apparent on this jersey. Idk if nike made more procombat uniforms for TCU, but as far as I know, the one in the link is the only one they made.

# 112 tswiatkowski @ 05/22/10 11:11 AM
Oh, and on the subject of the game, I agree that I was looking for bigger news, but the additions that have been made to the game this year are definitely satisfying and I am really glad they added to the presentation and gameplay. I love the new locomotion system and the run blocking AI. That run block AI drove me crazy in other years because I run a pro style offense similar to USC or MIchigan State, with some shotgun as well for passing plays. Now that my running plays will be on the same level as the defenses ability to stop them, and the scrambling cheesers will be toned down, I think Online Dynasty will be a lot more fun.

# 113 tswiatkowski @ 05/22/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswiatkowski
Canes, did you look at the link, the jersey in the picture is definitely all purple with white cuffs, it doesnt even have the procombat design on the shoulderpads. The pants in the nike procombat picture are frogskin gray with black stripes, while the pants in this one look white. There are no numbers on the sleeves for the procombat model, while numbers on the sleeves are apparent on this jersey. Idk if nike made more procombat uniforms for TCU, but as far as I know, the one in the link is the only one they made.
You know what, the uniforms in the blog do look like an attempt at the procombats, however it is a bit disappointing. Oh well it makes no difference for me, because I do not play with TCU

# 114 UCFTirade @ 05/22/10 11:32 AM

What sticks out to me the most is the black not running all the way up the shoulder pads in the NCAA 11 screen and detailing on the shoulder pads. Hopefully they got the side of the pants correct.

- Prospects blog was great though interested to see how this all wraps up in the 3rd blog

# 115 tswiatkowski @ 05/22/10 01:49 PM
Yeah I see that they made different ones with the numbers on the sleeves and gray on the cuffs, but the version in the game had everything that is supposed to be gray look white. Thats why I got confused

# 116 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/22/10 08:01 PM
Come on coaching changes..

# 117 cparrish @ 05/23/10 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
Are you dumb? The whole thing is Pro Combat
Not exactly the best choice of words bud, as I have been banned for less.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.