Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gus Johnson Headlines All-New Audio Presentation in Madden NFL 11

The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mm boost @ 05/21/10 12:43 PM
Can you guys imagine in franchise this year, actually traveling on the road to these different stadiums, and hearing all of the sounds and sights that make each stadium unique and intimidating for visiting teams? That coupled along with improved presentation, GUS JOHNSON....son of a bitch I have chills running down my back. I am so freaking pumped at out the visuals and sounds will change how this game feels along with the mentioned gameplay improvements. I am so excited.

# 22 ch46647 @ 05/21/10 12:44 PM
Did the crowd sound more realistic this year? Was that commented on?

Thanks!

# 23 TracerBullet @ 05/21/10 12:45 PM
All of this sounds good to me. I'm wondering how many licensed tracks they got in as well.

# 24 bigsmallwood @ 05/21/10 12:47 PM
I am just laughing at the notion that this "crew" of EA guys had to THINK about bringing Gus Johnson on board...WOW. I have always thought that some people really don't get it when it comes to football...now I understand why EA has been chasing 5year old games for years now...smh.

# 25 Checmate101 @ 05/21/10 12:47 PM
Can't wait to hear Cooooooooooooooooo after cooley get's a catch..

Wonder do they play Hail to the Redskins after we score.

# 26 mm boost @ 05/21/10 12:49 PM
I am sure they will have that in there if they have all the other team specific songs and chants.

Although, when I am molesting the deadskins in Franchise, I won't ever know if this has been implemented or not

# 27 TreyIM2 @ 05/21/10 12:52 PM
"According to Ronnie Morales, EA's audio director on Madden 11, bringing Johnson into the Madden fold is just one of the improvements made to the game's audio presentation this year, but it's certainly destined to be the most noticeable. There's somewhere around 90,000 lines of commentary in this year's game--Johnson refers to the mounds of script he's read through as "stacks and stacks and stacks of paper"--which is a far cry from the roughly 500 lines of dialogue that was featured in the first Madden game all those years ago."

Hmm. Interesting. That came from here - http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/m...eviews;title;4

# 28 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/21/10 01:12 PM
Man this is all good news and if they added along wit the audio, of them saying how many superbowls a player has won and let it show up in the players award history then folks we will have the best madden game ever put out on any console.

# 29 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/21/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
If you say one more darn thing about E3...good grief

I think it's the latter but don't quote me...
Well E3 is about the only time we will get full footage of gameplay. So why not say E3. E3 is the only place to be.

# 30 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/21/10 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Can you guys imagine in franchise this year, actually traveling on the road to these different stadiums, and hearing all of the sounds and sights that make each stadium unique and intimidating for visiting teams? That coupled along with improved presentation, GUS JOHNSON....son of a bitch I have chills running down my back. I am so freaking pumped at out the visuals and sounds will change how this game feels along with the mentioned gameplay improvements. I am so excited.
Dude I'm not trying to be mean are anything. But can you not use bad language on here. There are kids on this forum aswell looking. It's just a respect thing bro. Thank you in advance.

# 31 ch46647 @ 05/21/10 01:26 PM
I will try this one more time. Haha

I cannot see the video, was anything mentioned about making the crowd reacting more realistically at appropriate times? Also, if they showed clips does the crowd finally seem more loud and alive?

Thanks!

# 32 NYyankz225 @ 05/21/10 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Can't wait to hear Cooooooooooooooooo after cooley get's a catch..

Wonder do they play Hail to the Redskins after we score.
They got, "Go Pack GO!" Thats all I care about.

# 33 Azcardinal32 @ 05/21/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
Stones would be nice, but Bang on the Drum All Day would be better!! I think you meant Bang on the Drum instead of Bang a Gong since I don't recall ever hearing Bang a Gong at Lambeau.

This will drive Vikings & Bears fans nuts when they have to play in Lambeau!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!
Actually, I think he means Hells Bells because they bang a gong in the start of the song. and I know Lambeau loves to play this song

# 34 Atomic Martian @ 05/21/10 01:37 PM
Tell me Young, the art director dosent remind you of Tobey from The Office

# 35 Azcardinal32 @ 05/21/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Tell me Young, the art director dosent remind you of Tobey from The Office
hahaha i thought the same thing!

# 36 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 05/21/10 01:53 PM
Oh.My.God.

This looks fantastic. Wow.
I cant waittttttttt

Loved the new scenes, licensed music, actual storyline type audio

# 37 CardsFan52 @ 05/21/10 01:55 PM
Not really replying but did you see the screen shot with coach W on the sideline, looking very nice>!!!

# 38 jethrobag @ 05/21/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
Stones would be nice, but Bang on the Drum All Day would be better!! I think you meant Bang on the Drum instead of Bang a Gong since I don't recall ever hearing Bang a Gong at Lambeau.

This will drive Vikings & Bears fans nuts when they have to play in Lambeau!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!
Yeah thats what I meant......that would be awesome! This is the first news that has really gotten me pumped for this game.

# 39 RGiles36 @ 05/21/10 02:06 PM
Had the privledge of being in the studio when Gus was recording some of these QB vs. QB storylines. They should be epic. I think all of us at CD were taken back by the amount of detail going into the commentary. I think that's a testiment to EA using real writers and not in-house guys.

# 40 lgxjames @ 05/21/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Had the privledge of being in the studio when Gus was recording some of these QB vs. QB storylines. They should be epic. I think all of us at CD were taken back by the amount of detail going into the commentary. I think that's a testiment to EA using real writers and not in-house guys.
are you at liberty to say if there are RB vs RB or CB vs WR storylines? or is it pretty focused on QB's...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.