Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gus Johnson Headlines All-New Audio Presentation in Madden NFL 11

The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 RGiles36 @ 05/21/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
are you at liberty to say if there are RB vs RB or CB vs WR storylines? or is it pretty focused on QB's...
I can't say for sure -- not because I'm not at liberty but rather I was only in the booth 15 minutes tops.

# 42 ch46647 @ 05/21/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I can't say for sure -- not because I'm not at liberty but rather I was only in the booth 15 minutes tops.
Might be a dumb quesition... But is the QB vs QB storylines comparing the QB's stats in the game? Hopefully they finally put some real stat driven, stat banners in this year!

# 43 jeremym480 @ 05/21/10 02:30 PM
Presentation is looking great! Can't wait to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Sorry to be the cynic, but I will believe all this when I see it. I've been playing this game too long to get amped up over what EA CLAIMS will be in the game come August.
<< Classic Example.

Quote:
Had the privledge of being in the studio when Gus was recording some of these QB vs. QB storylines. They should be epic. I think all of us at CD were taken back by the amount of detail going into the commentary. I think that's a testiment to EA using real writers and not in-house guys.
Wow that awesome! Between M11 and NCAA I definitely won't have any spare time for any other football games.

Oh and Santa Clause, FTW!!

# 44 RGiles36 @ 05/21/10 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Might be a dumb quesition... But is the QB vs QB storylines comparing the QB's stats in the game? Hopefully they finally put some real stat driven, stat banners in this year!
Not a dumb question as I don't believe you've seen the vid. But in the vid, they talk about the storylines as they are used to prepare you for the game (pre-game).

Now will the storylines be stats driven in-game? I'm not certain -- again, I only had a small sample size of the audio recordings.

# 45 Mbalmer @ 05/21/10 02:48 PM
I want to get excited about this, but I will just have to wait until August.

Did everyone notice the product placement of the doritos bag and nike shoes? I wonder how much money they made from that....This is the stuff that drives me crazy about Madden. In the end, it is about money and not putting out the best game they can...I know they have to make money to make the game, but on a video blog? Again, I understand that this is a business and EA needs to make money, it just struck me weird.

Anyway, hope it looks good come August.

# 46 Jamin23 @ 05/21/10 02:49 PM
I want to hear fly eagles fly after a touchdown and the E-A-G-L-E-S chant along with the lets go eagles chant.

# 47 ch46647 @ 05/21/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Not a dumb question as I don't believe you've seen the vid. But in the vid, they talk about the storylines as they are used to prepare you for the game (pre-game).

Now will the storylines be stats driven in-game? I'm not certain -- again, I only had a small sample size of the audio recordings.
Thanks! I cant see the video and it is killing me because one of my biggest complaints with Madden is the CROWD. They do not react to appropriate situations on the field, and they arent loud or exciting at all. Its just a constant drone that very rarely peaks and valleys and even when it does its not at the appropriate times.

EA's NHL, FIFA, and especially NBA games have all done a much better job with this in their most recent editions. Hopefully Madden will follow suit, as of now it feels like your playing in a stadium full of 700 fans.. (That dont even understand what is happening on the field)

# 48 roadman @ 05/21/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I want to get excited about this, but I will just have to wait until August.

Did everyone notice the product placement of the doritos bag and nike shoes? I wonder how much money they made from that....This is the stuff that drives me crazy about Madden. In the end, it is about money and not putting out the best game they can...I know they have to make money to make the game, but on a video blog? Again, I understand that this is a business and EA needs to make money, it just struck me weird.

Anyway, hope it looks good come August.
I think these blogs were shot before the announcement of Brees on the cover of Madden.

You do know that the voting went through Doritos, correct?

Just asking.

# 49 RGiles36 @ 05/21/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think these blogs were shot before the announcement of Brees on the cover of Madden.
Exactly. Once I noticed they still had the same clothing on, I figured the footage is likely not 100% representative of what it may look like today. It's best just to absorb the information rather than disecting the in-game stuff in these dev series.

# 50 SuperKyle @ 05/21/10 03:14 PM
"play-by-play legends like Tom Hammond"....

Nope. :rofl:

# 51 Mbalmer @ 05/21/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

You do know that the voting went through Doritos, correct?

Just asking.

Yes, It just stood out to me. Like I said, I understand it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Like one guy said a few posts after my original one, I would do it too if it were my business. Don't get me wrong, Doritos are f'n good.

# 52 BrianFifaFan @ 05/21/10 04:14 PM
[quote=jeremym480;2041084231]Presentation is looking great! Can't wait to see more.

<< Classic Example.

Wow that awesome! Between M11 and NCAA I definitely won't have any spare time for any other football games.

Oh and Santa Clause, FTW!![/quote] Did you see how good he looked, texture-wise. Now if they can have the Philly fans boo him and pelt him with snowballs! LOL!

# 53 Fresh Prince @ 05/21/10 04:38 PM
EA FOLKS!

Dolphins play Zombie Nation for kickoffs after scores too... as a season ticket holder, it is a MUST to get this in the game! Please please please.

# 54 CardsFan52 @ 05/21/10 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince
EA FOLKS!

Dolphins play Zombie Nation for kickoffs after scores too... as a season ticket holder, it is a MUST to get this in the game! Please please please.
As a cardinals fan first and also a dolphins fan as well I agree.

# 55 ImxNikx @ 05/21/10 04:41 PM
love to hear that Crazy Train and anthems are in this year.

# 56 Bgamer90 @ 05/21/10 04:42 PM
Gus and Cris

Man, it sounds like they did a killer job to the audio presentation this year. Each game isn't going to just play different from other games now, they will also sound different (from the looks of it). Could never say that for previous maddens since the commentary was all pretty much "this is what's happening now" and not story driven along with the fact that we are getting unique stadium sounds. Looks like Dolby 5.1 is going to finally sound great with this game.

Also the pre-game cutscenes look awesome and I love how the people during the cut scenes during the game don't seem to move all "herky jerky" like they did in madden 10.

Also like the holiday banners.

A lot of things from my wishlist are getting checked off:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-wishlist.html

# 57 econoodle @ 05/21/10 04:43 PM
nice on the stadium sounds!

how much should we bet that in 12 we will see custom sounds added as a feature ala' 'sounds of the show'?

# 58 TracerBullet @ 05/21/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Did you see how good he looked, texture-wise. Now if they can have the Philly fans boo him and pelt him with snowballs! LOL!
Was waiting for someone to say that about Philly.

# 59 Jamin23 @ 05/21/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Presentation is looking great! Can't wait to see more.

<< Classic Example.

Oh and Santa Clause, FTW!![/quote] Did you see how good he looked, texture-wise. Now if they can have the Philly fans boo him and pelt him with snowballs! LOL!
It was bound for someone to say it.

# 60 RaginCajun @ 05/21/10 04:51 PM
They best have Halftime(Stand up and get Crunk) after every Saints touchdown.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.