Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Gus Johnson Headlines All-New Audio Presentation in Madden NFL 11

The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Skyliner80 @ 05/24/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
Licensed tracks for the stadiums? SCORE!

This and the Gus Johnson confirmation have FINALLY got me excited about this game. Personally, though obviously not perfect, I really liked Madden 10, so the upgraded presentation aspects alone mean I'm in.
Why not just have custom stadium PA music for situations like ...3rd Down, 1st down, Touchdowns....that way, instead of hearing Zombie nation everywhere you can customize your music to the sounds of your team fight song when you score. I loved this in 2k5, only issue I had with it though, you would hear the custom PA music at the away stadium. It should automatically turn off instead of me having to do it manually. .....anyway, i still think Madden should go that route ....but at least their putting songs that are currently in rotation in EVERY stadium. I bet "Tonights gonna be a good night..." is gonna be on there. I really got tired of hearing that lol at Dolphin Stadium.

# 122 Skyliner80 @ 05/24/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
nice on the stadium sounds!

how much should we bet that in 12 we will see custom sounds added as a feature ala' 'sounds of the show'?
Or ala..2k5. They were the originators of that feature. Just sayin'...

# 123 roadman @ 05/25/10 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0

Those vikings sounds, and IN-COM-PLETE in denver, and whatever stupid *** **** they do in green bay after a first down, have been in various games. Im pretty sure the 2k series had them, maybe even back to the DC versions?
At least Green Bay has a stadium that's filled every week.

# 124 idigfoo9 @ 05/25/10 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At least Green Bay has a stadium that's filled every week.
+1

# 125 CardsFan52 @ 05/26/10 03:12 PM
Off topic, Seeing as how the new developers video comes out tomorrow what do you guys expect to be talked about?

# 126 ch46647 @ 05/26/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan52
Off topic, Seeing as how the new developers video comes out tomorrow what do you guys expect to be talked about?
Where did you see that?

# 127 CardsFan52 @ 05/26/10 03:28 PM
The official Madden website, there is a thread on page three I think. But what do you guys think will be talked about?

# 128 RGiles36 @ 05/26/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
The official Madden website, there is a thread on page three I think. But what do you guys think will be talked about?
Link?

I kinda assumed we would be getting a regular blog today (not a vid doc series). But I don't know -- wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing today. That's the downfall of little-to-no community interaction: there are no promises as far as blogs & info. So we have no leg to stand on when information doesn't come.

# 129 CardsFan52 @ 05/26/10 03:35 PM
As long as I have been here I still don't know how to post a link sorry I'm sort of computer shy. Once again its on the third page and it will say official madden website.

# 130 HealyMonster @ 05/26/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
As long as I have been here I still don't know how to post a link sorry I'm sort of computer shy. Once again its on the third page and it will say official madden website.
hit reply or quote and act like you are posting a new message in a thread, and look above the area where you type by like the Bold Italic, etc keep moving to the right and you will see a globe with a chain looking thing on it. Click that and post the link in the window that appears and boom! snot bubbles. or at the very least a link is in your post!

# 131 oneamongthefence @ 05/26/10 06:39 PM
Do you think Chicago will have custom sounds? That's the only stadium that ea can't get a license to.

# 132 Mr_Riddick @ 05/26/10 11:45 PM
Can't wait!

# 133 splff3000 @ 05/31/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The third installment of the Madden NFL 11 Developer Video Series, is now available. Sit down with senior producer Phil Frazier, creative director Ian Cummings, art director Mike Young, and senior product manager Anthony Stevenson for an exclusive look at how Madden NFL 11 provides a new level of excitement with completely revamped audio presentation, from the booth to the field. See it, hear it, feel it in Madden NFL 11.

Gus Johnson, one of the most electrifying commentators in sports injects his unique energy into the play-by-play call. Well known for his excitable calls during NFL, NCAA college basketball, MMA broadcasts and more, Johnson now joins the 22 year legacy of the Madden NFL franchise that have included play-by-play legends like Pat Summerall, Al Michaels, and Tom Hammond. Cris Collinsworth returns to the two man booth to provide his Emmy winning analysis.

Taking you inside the stadium, Madden NFL 11 recreates the authentic sounds of game day with team specific chants and fight songs, as well as music that you hear each Sunday. Get ready for kickoff with “Crazy Train”, celebrate a touchdown with “Rock and Roll Part Two”, or get fired up for a big defensive stop with “Thunderstruck” and many more – Madden NFL 11 features some of the most recognized stadium tracks in sports.
After re-watching this vid something is bugging me about it.

OK, I'm not trying to be controversial or nothing but I hope these guy realize that some of these stadiums play rap songs too. After what happened with the soundtrack on 10, I wonder if the stadium music will be filled with rock. On that same note, I noticed they said Crazy Train was played in every stadium on kickoff. I hope they realize that some stadiums are playing Trick Daddy and Lil Jon's "Let's Go" and not Crazy Train.

Here it is:

As you can see they are very similar. I know that some stadiums play this for a fact because I have sung along with it while it was playing through my surround sound while I watched a game. I don't know about all stadiums, but I know a few of them play it because I have heard it with my own 2 ears. 7.1 surround will let you hear stuff like that.

Also, on that note, while they are buying licensed music for stadiums, I hope they get "Here I Go" by Mystikal playing on Colts kickoffs. They have been playing this for years. It would be a travesty if they don't have that in. If you've watched a Colts game in surround sound, on the kickoff, I know you've heard this:

Sorry, I couldn't find an edited version.

In fact, Here is a list of songs played in Colt's games

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS LUCAS OIL STADIUM SONGS:

-"Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed
-"Boom" by P.O.D.
-"Down for My N****z" by C-Murder
-"Let's Go" by Trick Daddy
-"What You Know" by T.I.
-"We Ready (No. 2)" by Archie Eversole
-"Hells Bells" by AC/DC
-"In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
-"Lose Yourself" by Eminem
-"Bang the Drum All Day" by Todd Rundgren
-"Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
-"Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva
-"Out Here Grindin'" by DJ Khaled

And the kickoff song:

-"Here I Go" by Mystikal

http://www.sportscenteraltar.com/com...asp?Thread=577

As you can see, there is quite a bit of rap mixed in with that rock. Now I have never been to a Colts game personally but I know I have heard at least 3 songs from this list during the games that I have seen on TV so the guy must have some idea of what he's talking about when he made the list. Maybe a Colts fan can verify whether this is right or not. Either way, I imagine most stadiums have some kind of mix of both.

The main thing is I hope the guys don't just add rock music into the stadiums like that's all the stadiums play. Judging by their comments and what happened with Madden 10's soundtrack, it's quite possible that the stadiums could be filled with a majority of classic rock songs. As much as I like "Crazy Train" (surprise), I like "Let's Go" just as well and I know this is what they are playing in some Stadiums, not Crazy Train. Anyway, that's my rant. I hope I wasn't too controversial for anyone. If by some crazy way I offended someone with this, I apologize ahead of time. I, like you, am just looking for authenticity. That's all. Don't short change the rap lovers please.

# 134 RGiles36 @ 05/31/10 10:04 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh WHATCHA know 'bout that Mystikal!?!

I always think of Ced the Entertainer on Kings of Comedy when I hear that song LOL. It was his entrance music .

# 135 splff3000 @ 05/31/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ahhhhhhhhh WHATCHA know 'bout that Mystikal!?!
lol, I'm from Mobile, Alabama (1 hr away from New Orleans) so I know a lot about Mystikal........maybe too much lol.

# 136 RGiles36 @ 05/31/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
lol, I'm from Mobile, Alabama (1 hr away from New Orleans) so I know a lot about Mystikal........maybe too much lol.
I'm not sure if they included popular rap songs or not. I do agree with you though for authenticity purposes. Yeah, I've played M11. But I didn't play in nearly all of the stadiums and I wasn't listening to what was being played.

I just want to say that I can half-way understand if they don't include most rap. I don't want to segway off into an entire different topic, but I imagine they have to keep the lyrics and content family friendly. Of course they could chop it up so that you only hear the clean choruses (pretty much what you hear at the stadiums anyway). However, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the potential for controversy.

Besides, if it's chopped up/edited too much, it sounds horrible IMO. Hate Me Now by Nas is one of favorite songs (and the entire I Am album) but it sounds cheesy playing in M10.

Again, maybe there are some rap tunes present. But if not, I can somewhat understand why they would steer clear so to speak.

# 137 splff3000 @ 05/31/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I'm not sure if they included popular rap songs or not. I do agree with you though for authenticity purposes. Yeah, I've played M11. But I didn't play in nearly all of the stadiums and I wasn't listening to what was being played.

I just want to say that I can half-way understand if they don't include most rap. I don't want to segway off into an entire different topic, but I imagine they have to keep the lyrics and content family friendly. Of course they could chop it up so that you only hear the clean choruses (pretty much what you hear at the stadiums anyway). However, I think you hit the nail on the head as far as the potential for controversy.

Besides, if it's chopped up/edited too much, it sounds horrible IMO. Hate Me Now by Nas is one of favorite songs (and the entire I Am album) but it sounds cheesy playing in M10.

Again, maybe there are some rap tunes present. But if not, I can somewhat understand why they would steer clear so to speak.
The thing is, just about every song has an edited/clean version. I could go and download a clean version for just about every rap song out there. Now I know they have to deal with licensing and such, but I'm sure it's no more difficult than getting licenses for rock songs. I hear what you're saying about the lyrics, but there are alternatives. I was really hoping we'd have a custom track feature so I could add them in myself. I have a 7 yr old son that likes to watch me play sometimes so I would HAVE to get the edited version and put it in myself. I wouldn't play the uncensored version around him. I know it would be easy for me, so I'm not buying that excuse if that's what they use IF it's not in.

As for the NAS thing, I agree with you. They might as well left it out for how they had it in 10. That's the thing though. There is an edited version to "Hate Me Now". I know because it got played out on the Radio when it came out. That's part of the reason I'm not too fond of it nowadays. Anyway, instead of getting the edited version, they decide to chop up the uncensored version and just butcher the song. Well, there's a new sound guy this year so maybe things might be different from the past few years. Still though, listening to these guys talk doesn't really give me hope that there will be that good mix that I'm hoping for.

# 138 Bgamer90 @ 05/31/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

As for the NAS thing, I agree with you. They might as well left it out for how they had it in 10. That's the thing though. There is an edited version to "Hate Me Now". I know because it got played out on the Radio when it came out. That's part of the reason I'm not too fond of it nowadays. Anyway, instead of getting the edited version, they decide to chop up the uncensored version and just butcher the song. Well, there's a new sound guy this year so maybe things might be different from the past few years. Still though, listening to these guys talk doesn't really give me hope that there will be that good mix that I'm hoping for.
That's the thing though, even the edited "clean" versions of songs (regardless of genre) still use cuss words or can talk about suggestive manner.

# 139 PacMan3000 @ 06/01/10 09:50 AM
Anyone surprised that since NFL 2K5 allowed gamers to import their own music into stadiums at different portions of the game (touchdowns, interceptions, start of the game, end of the game, etc), we have not seen anything like this in a football game after six whole years?

I don't play many other games--do the NBA, MLB, NHL, etc allow the gamer this ability? It seems that with the capabilities of a 360 and PS3, it would be a no brainer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.