NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 05/21/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This beyond broadcast crap has got to go. They keep touting replay angles that networks can't do... then why are you doing it? Aren't you supposed to make me feel like I'm watching a real life broadcast? I already watch the game from God Angle, which can't be avoided, but you have to remind me I'm in a video game everytime I watch a replay?

They're missing the point of "immersion".

Don't get me wrong, the game looks great this year. I think I'm more pumped about this game than any sports game since High Heat 2005, but guys... try getting the broadcast presentation right before you go "beyond" broadcast, k?

# 22 Rivals @ 05/21/10 07:28 PM
Yeah, they're not getting it with broadcast replays and camera angles. EA thinks it's neat-o to have all of these fantasy angles that don't exist in real life.

# 23 green94 @ 05/21/10 07:40 PM
How hard is it to animate the pylons, I seriously want to know.

# 24 BenGerman @ 05/21/10 07:58 PM
First video I've seen Im not totally pumped about. Players looked like they were skating again, Defense looked overwhelmed, and that throwing motion?

# 25 Hiro1 @ 05/21/10 08:11 PM
lol @ people jumping the gun on the run game being overpowered. I'm sure EA was thinking "hey lets highlight our new blocking schemes, but have the defense shut it down sometimes".

# 26 moneal2001 @ 05/21/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Yeah, they're not getting it with broadcast replays and camera angles. EA thinks it's neat-o to have all of these fantasy angles that don't exist in real life.
Go ask an espn producer and ask if they would use the replay angles if they could.

# 27 drlw322 @ 05/21/10 08:25 PM
So i noticed that everyone is talking about the bad throw animation in the clip. Honestly i don't think it's the animation, i think it's the drop of frame rate in replays again with the balls not spinning and flying out of QB's hand when hes not touching it. Honestly thought they would've fixed it this year. Why can't they use EA canada's replay system thats used in NBA live, NHL, and Fifa. It's much much better.

# 28 Pokes404 @ 05/21/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
It is a heinous animation. It's hard to judge locomotion from these packaged videos but it appears that #97 on Miami makes the annoying "turn 180 degrees on a dime and instantly sprint" movements that was supposedly fixed around the 3:56.

I hope I'm wrong.
I'm actually OK with that one. The DE wasn't running full speed and then made the 180 degree turn. It looks like he simply turned around after he had fought off the blocker. Point is, he was nearly stationary when he turned, which seems realistic to me. I'd be nice if there was a little better looking animation for the turn, but the physics of the play looked OK.

I also liked the Pryor runs. Especially right after he makes the spin move, you can kind of see him quickly plant his foot and cut upfield for the score. It still doesn't look as smooth, or as realistic, as I would like, but hopefully you can really feel the difference when you play it. NCAA 11 is still looking pretty good, but I'm very interested in Backbreaker. Can't wait to try it out on Tuesday.

# 29 ctindal21 @ 05/21/10 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBronco
Running game looks impossible to stop, hope you all are correct with saying it is on a lower difficulty level. Even though it has been mentioned numerous times, that throw was like watching a little girl throw a bowling ball. Talk all you want about replays and 120 ways to win, if the gameplay sucks, then all those other details wont be worth a darn

i wuz thinkin the same thing...i really do hope it wuz on lower difficulty, because if its that easy to run then it would piss me off to play someone that good with a Georgia Tech or Alabama...

# 30 Cito2009 @ 05/21/10 09:23 PM
Most of you guys are completely rediculous and over anylizing every little detail of the game that is not even out yet. The sky isn't falling and you all just need to chill, no need to get your panties in a bunch on some small throwing motion from a replay... People are looking for every negative thing possible. Just wait until you actually PLAY it to judge it. If its so bad after demo just dont play it...its that simple.

# 31 adembroski @ 05/21/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Most of you guys are completely rediculous and over anylizing every little detail of the game that is not even out yet. The sky isn't falling and you all just need to chill, no need to get your panties in a bunch on some small throwing motion from a replay... People are looking for every negative thing possible. Just wait until you actually PLAY it to judge it. If its so bad after demo just dont play it...its that simple.
I'm not saying the sky is falling by any means. I love 99.99% of the things they've announced. It's a small thing I'm complaining about and I'm not going to not buy because of it... but it'd be nice if they'd get their heads on straight about it.

The whole point of great presentation is immersion. Immersion is the effort to assist in our suspension of disbelief. Everything that makes us think "video game" hurts that. That's why there's a "little things" thread for Madden and MVP- it's those little things thread that make you able to put yourself in the moment, and it's worth roughly half the hours you spend on a game, I'd bet.

"Beyond Broadcast" presentation, or anything that is done that can't be done during a broadcast, is the sports video game equivalent of breaking the forth wall.

Think of a game with exceptional gameplay but terrible presentation (say, for instance, the High Heat series), try imagining that game with outstanding presentation that just sucks you in and makes you part of its world. That's what I'm pushing for.

EDIT: My bad for not reading your entire post... you were referring to the bad animation, not my comments about replays. Still, going to leave the post intact because I think it builds on my point.

# 32 blackscorpion11 @ 05/21/10 10:22 PM
These guys and their sales pitches every year are becoming sickening... Skip all these videos, why not just release a statement saying whats new, and one video showing everything.. In this age of infomercials why not just put it all out there at once..

Watching this vid, they sound like there selling a vegetable chopper on late night tv.

Interesting marketing strategy though (releasing a video on the same day the BB demo is released).

# 33 ctindal21 @ 05/21/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009

this is a forum last time i checked, isnt that what they are for...and different people pay the $60 for different things so people are entitled to their own opinion!!!

# 34 Cito2009 @ 05/21/10 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
this is a forum last time i checked, isnt that what they are for...and different people pay the $60 for different things so people are entitled to their own opinion!!!

Didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, I am just saying that people are being rediculous. I guess thats my opinion of others posts... ;p.

# 35 tyler289 @ 05/21/10 11:35 PM
Looking forward to playing the game. It won't be perfect, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it.

# 36 DrSpice @ 05/21/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
It is a heinous animation. It's hard to judge locomotion from these packaged videos but it appears that #97 on Miami makes the annoying "turn 180 degrees on a dime and instantly sprint" movements that was supposedly fixed around the 3:56.

I hope I'm wrong.

After playing the Backbreaker demo I've realized that Backbreaker needs to work on presentation and a full feature list. But the demo also reminded me how horrific NCAA's animations and suction effect are.
Not only were those animations mentioned earlier still terrible, but the animation toward the beginning of the video where the Alabama running back starts to make a spin move and the Tennessee defender takes him down is also terrible. The running back abruptly stops his spin motion and is then repositioned for the tackle animation. Again, the animation looks very similar to previous years.

# 37 Rocky @ 05/22/10 12:19 AM
Where are the gameplay vids?

# 38 Exonerated @ 05/22/10 12:20 AM
I like the beyond broadcast replays.

It's really cool.

# 39 Rocky @ 05/22/10 12:26 AM
Ugh, the move that Pryor makes at 2:50 is, I am sure, physically impossible.

After falling for the hype initially, I am seeing too many weird and contradictory things in these vids. Pure gameplay vids will be the deciding factor for me this year.

# 40 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 05/22/10 12:32 AM
video full of bullcrap if you ask me. "kent st feels different from Michigan" they've been saying this every year for 6 years. Trying to talk me into the Read Option being different and better somehow, I don't buy it. Talking about the Option like it is any different this year, NO. I see the same horrid animations, the god awful spin moves, the jerky running and immediate full speed sprinting...this game needs a total overhaul.

replays looked cool though, ha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.