Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 patch v1.2 is now available for the PS3 and 360. No word on when the PC patch will be released. Please post your impressions here.

What's in the new patch? Check it out, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 hitstreak13 @ 05/22/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Still no errors and no injuries.
liftheavy, as you know there isn't any in-game injuries in the show as well. Played 40 full games and have yet to see one (only errors).

I'm actually thinking of picking this up. The only thing I am concerned about is that I only have a PS3 and I haven't heard of anyone recieving the patch for it. Once I get confirmation, off to trade in the show for this. Been wanting something new myself.******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2041087347", true);

# 22 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 01:38 PM
I just played a game on the PS3 with the patch. I don't even know if the full patch is out for the 360.

# 23 hitstreak13 @ 05/22/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I just played a game on the PS3 with the patch. I don't even know if the full patch is out for the 360.
Ahh thanks Rudy. I'm defitinitely going to get this after I drop my gf off at work. Haven't played this game at all as of yet.

# 24 mkharsh33 @ 05/22/10 01:57 PM
Guys...

See my post under the roster section regarding a name editing glitch that has now shown up. Any edited name does NOT show up on the back of the jersey (but rather remains as the "fake player" you changed). It edits in the player editing section but not on the jersey...

Another cruel joke from 2K sports...

# 25 gambler1180 @ 05/22/10 02:35 PM
Did the XBOX 360 get the full patch?? I down loaded an update but it took all of 3 seconds to download. I have played 2 games and am not seeing any deference on pitcher control.

# 26 Tomba @ 05/22/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
wow, only after a few innings you can tell this game has changed. Hit variety has changed in a huge way. way more. Harder to pitch to the corners. I cant pinpoint my breaking balls anymore. I am using Ely from the Dodgers and when i try to paint the corners, they are way outside. lol

Feels like a whole new game. To bad no errors.

had my sliders doing this in version 3 but won't bother to put em out now...2k are the kings of doing stuff after seeing/hearing about my work

# 27 Tomba @ 05/22/10 03:00 PM
so why aren't the sig styles playing out still?

any info on that from ron the bomb?

# 28 p00p1 @ 05/22/10 03:07 PM
Someone posted that double switches were fixed, they are not. They work correctly if you do a double switch from the menu, but if you pinch hit for the pitcher, the player can't stay in the game at another position. Laaaame, especially for my Giants franchise, since basically everyone on the team can play multiple positions. If I pinch hit Uribe and Renteria makes the last out, I can't leave Uribe in at SS. Also do not think it's possible to have the pitcher hit anywhere but 9th in the lineup, no Tony Larussa style lineups.

# 29 p00p1 @ 05/22/10 03:10 PM
Actually, speaking of the Giants, has everyone else had problems with Jeremy Affeldt? They have a pretty good delivery for him, but mid way through his delivery, the frame rate skips a bit, makes it seem very herky-jerky. Only pitcher I've had this problem with. BTW, only happens with no one on base.

# 30 jake44np @ 05/22/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
had my sliders doing this in version 3 but won't bother to put em out now...2k are the kings of doing stuff after seeing/hearing about my work
LOL Seriously dude toot your own horn much?? lol

# 31 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
There is a huge difference, try picking a pitcher that isnt a superstar pitcher. Like i said iw as using Ely from the Dodgers and i had all kinds of trouble pin pointing pitches and got rocked for 5 runs in the 2nd inning.
It's not just the bad pitchers though. I wasn't spotting pitches as well with Verlander either. This is a great improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Someone posted that double switches were fixed, they are not. They work correctly if you do a double switch from the menu, but if you pinch hit for the pitcher, the player can't stay in the game at another position. Laaaame, especially for my Giants franchise, since basically everyone on the team can play multiple positions. If I pinch hit Uribe and Renteria makes the last out, I can't leave Uribe in at SS. Also do not think it's possible to have the pitcher hit anywhere but 9th in the lineup, no Tony Larussa style lineups.
Are you sure? I'm fairly positive it worked for me in the game I played with the Tigers against the Dodgers. I had Damon pinch hit for a pitcher and then I left him in the game and subbed a pitcher in for Austin Jackson. I'm pretty sure it was in that scenario. Damon was left on the mound and I did a double switch with him to bring in the next pitcher I think. I'm not 100% certain but I do think it worked.

# 32 HustlinOwl @ 05/22/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
liftheavy, as you know there isn't any in-game injuries in the show as well. Played 40 full games and have yet to see one (only errors).

I'm actually thinking of picking this up. The only thing I am concerned about is that I only have a PS3 and I haven't heard of anyone recieving the patch for it. Once I get confirmation, off to trade in the show for this. Been wanting something new myself.******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2041087347", true);
FALSE, but injuries up to 7 or 8

# 33 bkrich83 @ 05/22/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13

I'm actually thinking of picking this up. The only thing I am concerned about is that I only have a PS3 and I haven't heard of anyone recieving the patch for it. Once I get confirmation, off to trade in the show for this. Been wanting something new myself.******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2041087347", true);
There are in game injuries in the Show, I've had more than a few and am only 26 games in to my season.

# 34 p00p1 @ 05/22/10 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Are you sure? I'm fairly positive it worked for me in the game I played with the Tigers against the Dodgers. I had Damon pinch hit for a pitcher and then I left him in the game and subbed a pitcher in for Austin Jackson. I'm pretty sure it was in that scenario. Damon was left on the mound and I did a double switch with him to bring in the next pitcher I think. I'm not 100% certain but I do think it worked.
Did not work for me, tried it twice in the same game. I used Uribe to hit for the pitcher, then Freddy Sanchez made the last out. When the next inning started I tried to change Uribe from Pitcher to 2b, but I can't change his position. When I used the double switch option, it lets me swap the pitcher's spot with another spot. I used double switch and it allowed me to sub in a different fielder, but not Uribe. It does not work, same as before the patch.

# 35 DonkeyJote @ 05/22/10 04:49 PM
I simmed a season to see if stat tracking was adjusted.

Ichiro won the AL batting title at .331, Aubrey Huff won the NL at .317. 19 qualifiers with a .300 avg. In 2009 in MLB, .365 won the AL title, .342 won the NL, and there were 42 guys with a .300 avg.

Only 3 40 hr+ plus guys (Kinsler, Quentin, and Rasmus). 45 guys with 30 hr. In 2009 there were 5 40 hr guys, and 30 30hr guys.

Kinsler led the league in RBI (142). 33 guys with 100 rbi. In 09, 141 led the league, and 28 guys had 100 rbi.

33 guys scored 100 runs in my simulation, 22 did in baseball last season.

There were 11 15 game winners in my sim, with Javy Vazquez leading the league with 19 wins. There were 22 in baseball last year. Slowey was the only guy with enough innings to have a sub-3.00 era.

Progression is still broken. Tommy Hanson went down 3 points despited going 14-9 with a 3.13 era and 206 k's. Despite the fact that they said they made it harder to player to get better when in the decline phase of their career, Chipper Jones went from an 85 to a 90 ovr at 38 years old, after hitting .266 with 27 hr, and 85 rbi.

# 36 Tomba @ 05/22/10 05:10 PM
I loved the game at first. then fixed what I thought was bad then played it some more now I've been waiting for a patch that was supposed to have fixed many of the community issues.

One of the things brought to 2ksports by the community WAS the "animation stop" . For me not having that fixed means there is no more naunces in the game it's just rush rush next pitch next hit i feel no REAL game atmosphere because of it.

In the game there is an option to have the game rushed. but it is completely broken... and it hasn't been fixed. Derek Jeter steps out the box and again he snaps into his stance? Awful

# 37 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 05:37 PM
Fatigue seems to have a greater effect now. Those that cranked it up to 60 or 65 in slider sets might want to back that off a little.

One nice improvement is they seem to have eliminated the up and in fastball causing a lot of hit batters. Too often a pitch high and inside would result in the batter sticking his arms out and getting hit by a pitch even though the pitch was barely off the strike zone. The patch fixed this. I've thrown quite a few pitches really inside and the batter no longer leans into them for a cheap HBP.

# 38 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Guys...

See my post under the roster section regarding a name editing glitch that has now shown up. Any edited name does NOT show up on the back of the jersey (but rather remains as the "fake player" you changed). It edits in the player editing section but not on the jersey...

Another cruel joke from 2K sports...
Is this true only for guys you create after the patch or is it true for guys before the patch? I had edited a minor leaguer to create Brennan Boesch in my franchise before the patch. After the patch his proper name is still on the back of his jersey so I don't have a problem right now. I haven't tried creating a new player post patch but guys created before the patch on the PS3 are fine.

# 39 nld230 @ 05/22/10 05:49 PM
I'll explain the double switch issue, as there seems to be some confusion about it, and hopefully someone who has the patch can check it out.

What WORKS....

If I'm pitching with Chris Carpenter, and he is due up the next inning, and I want to sub in a new pitcher and put a position player in the 9 spot, all I have to do is click on the position player I want to sub out and select double switch. From there, you select your new pitcher and then your new position player. This works fine.

What DOES NOT WORK....

is the more common scenario. If Carpenter comes up to bat, and I want to pinch hit Brendan Ryan and leave him in the game at SS, I can't do this. Anyone you pinch hit has to be removed from the game or stay in as a pitcher.

BASICALLY....

you can't double switch while batting, only while pitching.

pinch hitters for the pitcher can't be left in for defense in the 9 spot.

Essentially, this is an extremely easy fix. Remove the gray out on the pitcher's spot, allowing you to transfer pitchers to other positions and lineup spots. I have to think this would take about 10 minutes.

So, can someone test this out for us? Does the patch fix the issue?

# 40 nld230 @ 05/22/10 06:00 PM
Also, I certainly don't want to call anyone a liar, so please don't take this like that. But.....

Are those who are hyping the pitching being more difficult POSITIVE that this is the case? I'm not saying you are lying, but maybe you just want to believe it. Because I heard the same thing when this game came out: the pitching is great! It's so hard to hit your spots. Maybe it's just rust from not playing a broken game for a month, lol.

Forgive my skepticism, I'm just curious and I won't have the patch for a while.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.