Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 patch v1.2 is now available for the PS3 and 360. No word on when the PC patch will be released. Please post your impressions here.

What's in the new patch? Check it out, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Blzer @ 05/22/10 06:10 PM
So um, I quickly downloaded it before I had to leave, and the very first pitch I tried to check swing and my guy doubled down the left field line. I used Classic controls.

Is it in the game for PS3 on Classic?

# 42 nld230 @ 05/22/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla

I went 18-5 1.84 ERA and won the Cy Young with Luke Hochevar 70 OVR and he only went up two points to a 72. I played every single game he was in to make him boost up to a 90 rating, no avail. I ended up editing him myself for my accomplishment. He is now an 86 OVR.
What was his potential rating? That should factor in, although I'm not saying that progression is NOT broken.

# 43 davis420 @ 05/22/10 07:03 PM
I just finished my 1st game since the patch was released. It was a play now game between Boston (CPU) and Philly (ME). The final score was Boston 3 runs and 14 hits. I had 6 runs and 12 hits.The only problem with this game I played was all of Boston's hits were singles! I had good variety, 7 singles, 2 doubles and 3 HR's. Overall the game played better then before the patch. Before the patch was out, I was lucky to get 3 runs in a game and almost every game went extra innings. The patch still doesn't make this the greatest baseball game ever but the game is enjoyable as a change of pace. I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see if 2K will improve on this game. A couple fixes (ie Errors and Injuries) and this game could be an 8 or 9 out of 10 instead of a 6 or 7!

# 44 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So um, I quickly downloaded it before I had to leave, and the very first pitch I tried to check swing and my guy doubled down the left field line. I used Classic controls.

Is it in the game for PS3 on Classic?
I don't think the check swing can be used with Classic (either system). I actually had a check swing with Boesch and they appealed to the 3B umpire and he called it a strike. That was something I've never seen. I've never actually got a check swing to be called a ball so far, even on balls out of the zone. I'm not sure if I was too late on it or not although I've only done it few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Also, I certainly don't want to call anyone a liar, so please don't take this like that. But.....

Are those who are hyping the pitching being more difficult POSITIVE that this is the case? I'm not saying you are lying, but maybe you just want to believe it. Because I heard the same thing when this game came out: the pitching is great! It's so hard to hit your spots. Maybe it's just rust from not playing a broken game for a month, lol.

Forgive my skepticism, I'm just curious and I won't have the patch for a while.
I've never stopped playing this game. I might not have played it as much as when I first got it but I'd still play at least a couple games a week and it's certainly harder to hit your spots. I'm certain of it. One issue I always seemed to have was that my fastball would only drift left on me with a right hander. Now I'm seeing it tail inside to RH batters. It's very noticeable imo.

I may be wrong on the double switch issue but I'm very happy with the pitch accuracy being tougher. I've hung a couple pitches in the middle of the plate and I would have NEVER done that pre-patch. It does seem as though the cpu hitters may swing at more stuff out of the zone. I've only played 2.5 games post patch but I think that was tweaked. My offense has sucked post patch too. I have a feeling that both offenses may have been toned down just a little. Too hard to tell from 2.5 games as I may just be in a rut (lost 5 of 6). I need to play more but tonight I have to watch "It's Complicated" with the wife.

# 45 p00p1 @ 05/22/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
I'll explain the double switch issue, as there seems to be some confusion about it, and hopefully someone who has the patch can check it out.

What WORKS....

If I'm pitching with Chris Carpenter, and he is due up the next inning, and I want to sub in a new pitcher and put a position player in the 9 spot, all I have to do is click on the position player I want to sub out and select double switch. From there, you select your new pitcher and then your new position player. This works fine.

What DOES NOT WORK....

is the more common scenario. If Carpenter comes up to bat, and I want to pinch hit Brendan Ryan and leave him in the game at SS, I can't do this. Anyone you pinch hit has to be removed from the game or stay in as a pitcher.

BASICALLY....

you can't double switch while batting, only while pitching.

pinch hitters for the pitcher can't be left in for defense in the 9 spot.

Essentially, this is an extremely easy fix. Remove the gray out on the pitcher's spot, allowing you to transfer pitchers to other positions and lineup spots. I have to think this would take about 10 minutes.

So, can someone test this out for us? Does the patch fix the issue?
Yes, that was the problem with double switches before the patch and they did not fix it. Still works the same as before, ****ty.

# 46 JasonSGN @ 05/22/10 08:08 PM
Just played my first game on the 360 with the second patch and was wondering if anyone else thinks the camera was pulled back a little on fly balls to make it more like 2K9's camera.

# 47 nld230 @ 05/22/10 08:12 PM
I suppose you still can't save camera settings....

# 48 p00p1 @ 05/22/10 08:15 PM
Any try a new franchise yet? Can you edit cpu lineups? Don't want to start my season until I can make sure teams don't screw up their lineups after spring training, sending starters to AAA and replacing them with scrubs.

# 49 KleShreen @ 05/22/10 09:08 PM
I came here to see what this patch addressed...and apparently it works. I was dominating with my pitcher in "My Player" but now he's garbage. Haha. My pitches are all over the freaking place...it's almost to the point where it's *too* much tinkering with the settings because now pitches are almost a half-a-plate away from where they should be...

# 50 KleShreen @ 05/22/10 09:26 PM
Sorry, but the pitching thing is out of control now. No matter if I use Mo Rivera, Halladay, or some scrub in the minors, it's as if where you aim the pitch has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on where it ends up. This is ridiculous. Even when I hit the max rating with the right gesture, the pitch ends up half a plate away. If you don't hit the max rating...forget about it.

# 51 DonkeyJote @ 05/22/10 11:31 PM
Found a new, fun glitch today. Troy Glaus hit a ground ball to first, and on the play, I discovered that the Braves have discovered the secret to teleportation! Basically, when the ball was thrown to 2b to try for a dp, I pushed the slide button so McCann would try to break it up. About 2/3 of the way to 2b, McCann warps to the grass between 2b and the pitchers mound and proceeds to slide into the infield dirt halfway between 2b and 3b. The SS still jumped in the air and fell over while making his throw to 1b. Good job 2k! Real quality work your doing here!

# 52 DonkeyJote @ 05/22/10 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
What are your slider settings? It's safe to say that they will now need to bre adjusted.
I played a game on pro, and while accuracy was down, it was still pretty easy.
Agreed. Heck, even using sliders I've been using before, I've still only walked 2 guys in 2+ games so far.

# 53 Chiefsfan881129 @ 05/23/10 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't think the check swing can be used with Classic (either system). I actually had a check swing with Boesch and they appealed to the 3B umpire and he called it a strike. That was something I've never seen. I've never actually got a check swing to be called a ball so far, even on balls out of the zone. I'm not sure if I was too late on it or not although I've only done it few times.

I've never stopped playing this game. I might not have played it as much as when I first got it but I'd still play at least a couple games a week and it's certainly harder to hit your spots. I'm certain of it. One issue I always seemed to have was that my fastball would only drift left on me with a right hander. Now I'm seeing it tail inside to RH batters. It's very noticeable imo.

I may be wrong on the double switch issue but I'm very happy with the pitch accuracy being tougher. I've hung a couple pitches in the middle of the plate and I would have NEVER done that pre-patch. It does seem as though the cpu hitters may swing at more stuff out of the zone. I've only played 2.5 games post patch but I think that was tweaked. My offense has sucked post patch too. I have a feeling that both offenses may have been toned down just a little. Too hard to tell from 2.5 games as I may just be in a rut (lost 5 of 6). I need to play more but tonight I have to watch "It's Complicated" with the wife.
check swing is in for classic as messing around for a while u need to quickly tap the X button on the ps3 to trigger the check swing

infact i checked swing 2 times in a row and both times the home plate umpire appealed to the 1st base umpire and he ruled it no swing

so its there

but then there was another time i checked swing with another batter and he chekced swing and it was called a strike by the 3rd base umpire

so its there indeed!

# 54 shane79013 @ 05/23/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
LOL.

Like I said, two steps forward, two or three steps back.
that happened a few times to me before the patch. its pretty rare though, i'd say in over 100 games i have seen it 2 or 3 times.

# 55 nld230 @ 05/23/10 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I'd like to point out that, in fact, you can now leave your PH in the game. When prompted to select a new pitcher, you are given an option to double switch. When you do, you are led through the process of selecting who comes out and which pitcher comes in. The new pitcher is in the slot of who you chose to leave, while your PH is now batting in the pitcher's slot, but listed as whatever position the player you took out was.

It's possible that this was always in the game, as it is not how I ever tried to execute this move. They also did not list this as a fix.

But this a huge deal for me.
I double switched (left my pinch hitter in) as well, but it was by accidental button mashing and I haven't been able to replicate it. And it's too late to play more games....

# 56 nld230 @ 05/23/10 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Sorry, but the pitching thing is out of control now. No matter if I use Mo Rivera, Halladay, or some scrub in the minors, it's as if where you aim the pitch has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on where it ends up. This is ridiculous. Even when I hit the max rating with the right gesture, the pitch ends up half a plate away. If you don't hit the max rating...forget about it.

They didn't adjust the pitching enough, if anything. Unless you don't ever want to miss location.

# 57 rudyjuly2 @ 05/23/10 10:05 AM
After losing a game 1-0 to the Red Sox and actually pitching well, I got hammered by the White Sox 12-4 and gave up 24 hits. The bad pitchers can really struggle. I think people will really have to adjust. I'd always be able to spot my pitches and never walk anyone. Now I'm falling behind in the count and throwing more pitches than before. I've been giving in and Chicago really punished me for it.

I played a 1/2 game at Fenway this morning as well. I do think the one poster that suggested the fielding view is zoomed out a bit more may be right. I'm not sure but ever since he said that it does seem a touch better. Placebo? Who knows.

Twice now in 4 games post patch I've had the camera get stuck on the batter and the game not advance. I just hit the sub menu to get out of it but I never had that pre-patch. Small glitch.

# 58 BHunt7 @ 05/23/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Found a new, fun glitch today. Troy Glaus hit a ground ball to first, and on the play, I discovered that the Braves have discovered the secret to teleportation! Basically, when the ball was thrown to 2b to try for a dp, I pushed the slide button so McCann would try to break it up. About 2/3 of the way to 2b, McCann warps to the grass between 2b and the pitchers mound and proceeds to slide into the infield dirt halfway between 2b and 3b. The SS still jumped in the air and fell over while making his throw to 1b. Good job 2k! Real quality work your doing here!
I've had this happen to me before(pre-patch) while trying to steal with Michael Bourn. I was clearly going to be safe but when I hit X to slide he warped into the outfield between 2nd and 3rd and they called me out lol. It's only happened once so it wasn't too big of a deal to me, but it was frustrating at the time.

# 59 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/23/10 12:34 PM
has anyone went back to default sliders after patch to see what comes of it.

# 60 p00p1 @ 05/23/10 01:27 PM
Unfortunately, I booted up my franchise and there is still no way to edit cpu lineups when you have control of all 30 teams. You can still do call ups and send downs, but cant change the lineups or rotations.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.