Home
NHL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshots from NHL 11, from the recent CD event. They feature the likely top two picks in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Qb @ 05/23/10 03:05 PM
I played a few partial games with CHL teams. Really liked the feel -- although the ratings weren't entirely implemented -- compared to playing with NHL teams; you knew right away this was a different league/skill level.

I know some of the US fans of the NHL series may not be too psyched for this addition, but what they've done with it is very cool. And Canadian fans are absolutely flipping their flappy-headed lids from what I hear. Alain said he couldn't even get on the official CHL website Friday when they made the announcement.

# 2 Mikey88 @ 05/23/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I wish I knew how to resize images. Oh well, enjoy picking out minute details -- equipment maybe? -- and I guess you could use them for wallpaper if you'd like.
Very cool. Thank you!

# 3 06woz @ 05/23/10 03:58 PM
Even more for those of you going insane.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/c...ership-p142779

# 4 BlueNGold @ 05/23/10 04:20 PM
They have Boston Pizza and Home Hardware ads in the game. Nice!

Man, time to start dropping the info EA.

# 5 Lubey @ 05/23/10 05:37 PM
First thing I'm gonna do in this game is play Portland Winterhawks vs Seattle Thunderbirds.

# 6 SinisterAlex @ 05/23/10 05:43 PM
It looks like they have their own arena's too. Very nice. Can't wait to play as the Vancouver Giants!

# 7 BlueNGold @ 05/23/10 05:44 PM
I'm hoping my BAP gets drafted by the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Props to EA for getting the CHL added into the game.

# 8 06woz @ 05/23/10 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I'm hoping my BAP gets drafted by the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Props to EA for getting the CHL added into the game.
Word is your BAP starts in the Memorial cup.

# 9 BlueNGold @ 05/23/10 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
Word is your BAP starts in the Memorial cup.
Well that kind of sucks. Hopefully that isn't the case as I'd like to be able to build my guy's career in the CHL and then get drafted a few years later depending on how good I did.

# 10 Lubey @ 05/23/10 05:58 PM
It'd be kind of cool if they let you choose where you start your BAP career. Could choose from CHL drafts, pick a CHL team, Memorial Cup, or prospect game.

# 11 BlueNGold @ 05/23/10 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
It'd be kind of cool if they let you choose where you start your BAP career. Could choose from CHL drafts, pick a CHL team, Memorial Cup, or prospect game.
This is what I'm hoping for. I know not everyone is going to want to start off in the CHL.

# 12 dmacgreg37 @ 05/23/10 11:06 PM
The Memorial Cup thing does make sense, as it would be similar to where you start in NCAA's CL or whatever it's called. Where you start with the HS playoffs and then go to your school. I could see them adding MC, and then you're drafted, and you go right to your AHL team.

Would be fairly dissapointing if this was the case.

I'm just happy to not have to add all of these drafted prospects. Will make roster updating much easier without having to create everyone.

# 13 TheBPL @ 05/24/10 12:33 PM
This is the best news. This makes the dynasty 10 times better.

# 14 plaidchuck @ 05/24/10 12:44 PM
Wait what's the point of having all of these junior teams if you play just a game and go into the AHL anyways? BAGM better be deeeeeep then.

# 15 brijd10 @ 05/25/10 11:29 PM
Any idea where teams players such as Hall and Seguin will be when the game is released? Will they still be on their junior teams or will they be in the NHL?

# 16 Lubey @ 05/26/10 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brijd10
Any idea where teams players such as Hall and Seguin will be when the game is released? Will they still be on their junior teams or will they be in the NHL?
Generally players can't be placed on NHL rosters in games until they've played at least one game in the actual NHL, so it'd be cool if they could be placed in a CHL free agent pool or on a CHL team ready to be called up so we didn't have to wait for a roster update.

# 17 yankeesgiants @ 05/27/10 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
They have Boston Pizza and Home Hardware ads in the game. Nice!

Man, time to start dropping the info EA.
What is Boston Pizza? Im from Boston and I never heard of Boston Pizza???

# 18 Money99 @ 05/27/10 04:35 PM
If they want it to be 100% authentic they need to make sure the fans in Oshawa are all drunk wearing flannel jackets.

Sincerely,
Peterborough Pete's fans.

# 19 BlueNGold @ 05/27/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
What is Boston Pizza? Im from Boston and I never heard of Boston Pizza???
Lol. It's a pizza company in Canada. Basically like a Domino's or Pizza Hut.

# 20 bad_philanthropy @ 05/27/10 11:32 PM
I wonder if we'll have a World Jr's tourney, possibly incorporated into an expanded BaGM or standalone CHL franchise mode?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.