Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

According to Pastapadre, via OXM, NBA Live will be renamed NBA Elite.

Quote:
"The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon."

Magazine image scan here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Da_Czar @ 06/02/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
"One thing I want people to understand is that we are building off of the great work that was in NBA Live 10. Most everything people liked about the game is still there. We are not starting from scratch."

People can stop bitching about a reboot

"Even for gamers who choose to use the button controls instead of the new hands-on controls, the game is so improved they will still want to experience all it has to offer."

People can now stop bitching about controls.

Wait and SEE

This doesn't really work well all the time for a discussion board. Some people have questions or different opinions Dev doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to express them or their reservations without being labeled as bitching about something. These guys are earned all the slack they get by realeasing horrible products and marketing them with glitz and fooling people into purchasing them. LOL

we can wait and see without drinking the kool aid. LOL I have enjoyed hearing both sides of the argument. Who knows our conversation could be why those questions were asked in that interview. Certainly seemed pointed toward all the issues brought up here including his history and involvement . Perfectly scripted oh I mean timed LOL just kidding don't get heat live fans !!!

# 142 Pared @ 06/03/10 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
If Bynum is still attempting crossovers in the new game there is a major problem.

I turned his dribble rating down to 0 in Live 10 and he still had moments where he attempted crossovers and stepbacks, just not as much as without and edited roster.

It shouldnt even be programmed for him to do stuff like that.
I'm referring to the user. If a game does not allow you to crossover with ANYONE then the game has failed.

The AI controlling the players is an entirely different discussion, and in that case I agree with you.

# 143 Sovartus @ 06/03/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
If Bynum is still attempting crossovers in the new game there is a major problem.

I turned his dribble rating down to 0 in Live 10 and he still had moments where he attempted crossovers and stepbacks, just not as much as without and edited roster.

It shouldnt even be programmed for him to do stuff like that.
I see it from a little different perspective. Bynum has the ability to do a crossover, it's just not very effective so it's not something he would try in a game. With the way things are in Elite, I doubt someone would try to do a cross with him.

# 144 Sovartus @ 06/03/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The better question is, did a rugby guy head up the project?
Generals don't fire rifles but they do win wars.

# 145 ehh @ 06/03/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
Damn, that's a good quote.

Never heard it before.

# 146 23 @ 06/03/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm referring to the user. If a game does not allow you to crossover with ANYONE then the game has failed.

The AI controlling the players is an entirely different discussion, and in that case I agree with you.
Yeah I was talking about the AI not the user

# 147 23 @ 06/03/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
While's this may be true, talking about a baseball game doesn't bring any more or less comfort to the fans

# 148 Pared @ 06/03/10 02:32 PM
There are many guys who don't know bball on bball dev. teams and there are many guys who like to watch multiple sports.

NBA Jam is being made by a baseball guy.

A game is a game. If someone knows what the hell it is we want even if I have to tell them, that's all that should matter.

# 149 23 @ 06/03/10 02:36 PM
That's not my concern nor what I was getting at in particular. I was talking about how people continue to talk about baseball and hockey.

I could care less about that because neither of those games are NBA Live and they all have their own unique situations.

Basketball guy or not, this series has had some major issues in the past either way, so telling me about revamping triple play means absolutely zero in the scheme of Elite 11

# 150 Pared @ 06/03/10 02:47 PM
You're killing your own point though.

The series still had issues with Mike there.

It takes more than one guy. It takes a team. The team there has more going for it than I think anyone realizes. Again, we have guys back on the team from NBA Live '05.

The team is place has the capability to put it all together. If they will remains to be seen.

# 151 Sovartus @ 06/03/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's not my concern nor what I was getting at in particular. I was talking about how people continue to talk about baseball and hockey.

I could care less about that because neither of those games are NBA Live and they all have their own unique situations.

Basketball guy or not, this series has had some major issues in the past either way, so telling me about revamping triple play means absolutely zero in the scheme of Elite 11
Actually 23, it is an awful lot. If a person has become the leader of a particular area and that area all of the sudden becomes very successful, people point at the leader as reason for the change. If the game bombs, people will point to the leader as the reason for the failure. The fact that this guy led two different teams to two different victories says a whole lot. Person doesn't have to know anything about a particular thing to lead the team properly. It's about leadership, vision, and implementation. Where the NBA series from EA is now, is a result of what they have done in the past. But you must remember that there actually two pasts from EA basketball. There is the last five years, and then there was the 10 years before that. So the question is which past are you talking about?

I would imagine you are talking about the last five years. I will agree that it's very relevant to a degree but, a problem with that is the guys who are working on Elite 11 are from the other era.You can't blame them for the recent failures. In my humble opinion, NBA Live 10 was better than 2K in a lot of aspects of gameplay. If 2K does not address the leak, they could quickly find themselves behind.

# 152 23 @ 06/03/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
You're killing your own point though.

The series still had issues with Mike there.

It takes more than one guy. It takes a team. The team there has more going for it than I think anyone realizes. Again, we have guys back on the team from NBA Live '05.

The team is place has the capability to put it all together. If they will remains to be seen.
Of course it did man, Mike coming there wasnt going to magically make Big time issues and probably old code from years ago just go away in one year.

Thats just not realistic at all, and people dont expect that this year either, so I dont get these folks who are coming down on people who are skeptical.

Its all wait and see but if they dont compete in sales with 2k this year, will they go in another new direction?

# 153 23 @ 06/03/10 03:05 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Actually 23, it is an awful lot. If a person has become the leader of a particular area and that area all of the sudden becomes very successful, people point at the leader as reason for the change. If the game bombs, people will point to the leader as the reason for the failure. The fact that this guy led two different teams to two different victories says a whole lot. Person doesn't have to know anything about a particular thing to lead the team properly. It's about leadership, vision, and implementation. Where the NBA series from EA is now, is a result of what they have done in the past. But you must remember that there actually two pasts from EA basketball. There is the last five years, and then there was the 10 years before that. So the question is which past are you talking about?

Im not questioning his leadership, and im not questioning the leadership of last years team either. If you want to put it that way, they've both been successful at their respective sports at some point

Quote:
I would imagine you are talking about the last five years. I will agree that it's very relevant to a degree but, a problem with that is the guys who are working on Elite 11 are from the other era.You can't blame them for the recent failures. In my humble opinion, NBA Live 10 was better than 2K in a lot of aspects of gameplay. If 2K does not address the leak, they could quickly find themselves behind.

Can you blame last years team for the garbage that has been released over the years? Because it seems to me they took the brunt of the blame for the past failures leading up til now.

I mean honestly, after Live 07 I dont even see how things were allowed to continue on. The only way 2k ends up behind is if they get complacent, which is something we have all seen before.

# 154 Pared @ 06/03/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
If 2K does not address the leak, they could quickly find themselves behind.
See this I don't agree with. 2k is not behind on anything outside of player control. If you measure things one to one, it's the only issue they aren't up to par with that is THAT important. People want to point to plays, crowd sounds... control is the one defining thing. Even if EA were to outright kill it with control, there needs to be more from every area of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Its all wait and see but if they dont compete in sales with 2k this year, will they go in another new direction?
Here's the thing - what is this new direction you keep re-gurgitating? Answer me this question and we'll continue the conversation. Because EA hasn't changed direction outside of a name change.

People are buying into the media blurbs that the competitor has made. It happened when Mike left 2k, and it happened when he went back.

Step away from that for a second, and what tells you EA is going in a new direction at THIS point?

# 155 23 @ 06/03/10 03:19 PM
Quote:
See this I don't agree with. 2k is not behind on anything outside of player control. If you measure things one to one, it's the only issue they aren't up to par with that is THAT important. People want to point to plays, crowd sounds... control is the one defining thing. Even if EA were to outright kill it with control, there needs to be more from every area of the game.

Here's the thing - what is this new direction you keep re-gurgitating? Answer me this question and we'll continue the conversation. Because EA hasn't changed direction outside of a name change.

People are buying into the media blurbs that the competitor has made. It happened when Mike left 2k, and it happened when he went back.

Step away from that for a second, and what tells you EA is going in a new direction at THIS point?
Thats the question im asking sir, im not claiming new direction

I have no clue what is going on. What im saying though is, if the sales arent up to par again, is the dev team going to change yet again

# 156 Pared @ 06/03/10 03:30 PM
You know if the team changes, so what? Sony's team didn't change for a few years and look at their NBA game.

As long as the changes are positive for the game that's all that should matter, right? And I've already posted a few times that guys from NBA Live '05 are back on the team. That's a change, after talking to them, I can get behind.

# 157 23 @ 06/03/10 03:53 PM
Quote:
You know if the team changes, so what? Sony's team didn't change for a few years and look at their NBA game.

As long as the changes are positive for the game that's all that should matter, right? And I've already posted a few times that guys from NBA Live '05 are back on the team. That's a change, after talking to them, I can get behind.
Depends because all we have to rely on now is history and the kinds of changes made, contributed heavily to this series being unstable.

Sony had a stable dev team and product they stuck with in The Show and now its the #1 baseball game as far as I can tell.

With VC they stuck with their model even when they werent up in sales and eventually it paid off same as Sony's baseball.

# 158 Pared @ 06/03/10 04:10 PM
Yes, and prior to those teams being stable, there was turnover. A few guys here and there, but all those games have had different guys at the helm, even if it was after a few years or so.

So again, I don't really see the argument being argued. People are worried because the faces the names that were pink are no longer here rubbing elbows.

The game direction hasn't changed, they brought in a solid group of guys to have a thorough cleaning... I'm not sure what else is there to really be concerned with at this point, but I admittedly have a different scope.

I guess I just expect more from our community. And that obviously falls on me.

# 159 23 @ 06/03/10 04:15 PM
Im not even sure where the conversation has gone because what I stated is different from what has been argued here with other guys, but yes stability is the main reason why it matters if people are continually being shuffled or not.

I think what disturbs me is how guys are coming here telling others they shouldnt be skeptical. Well I disagree with that regardless of who is leading the way, this year especially.

At this point EA has something to prove to everyone including themselves in this sport on this gen.

IMO make a good game and eventually people will buy it. Thats the only way you will quell concerns. Until then there is no way you're going to stop people from wondering because of past times.

# 160 Sovartus @ 06/03/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
What is there not to agree with? When I said behind, I only meant in gameplay. Quite frankly, 2K is already slightly behind EA in this aspect. I also think that 2K is behind EA in physics, foot planting, control, and overall game speed or spacing. 2K is so far ahead in the other areas that it will take EA some time to even think about trying to catch up. The good thing is that they have laid a strong foundation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.