Home
News Post

Could it be? ESPN is reporting Michael Jordan could possibly be the cover athlete for NBA 2K11.

Quote:
"While rumors pegged LeBron James, Derrick Rose, and even Tyreke Evans as favorites to appear on the cover of "NBA 2K11," multiple sources have told ESPN that the company has gone a completely different direction, opting to shoot for the moon in attempts to sign basketball legend Michael Jordan as their new spokesman."

Member Comments
# 61 Shakedowncapo @ 05/26/10 10:55 PM
I don't know...Its these guys times to shine, why go the route of someone retired? And If these are Chad Ford's sources, you know its not gonna happen.

# 62 BlueNGold @ 05/26/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I don't know...Its these guys times to shine, why go the route of someone retired? And If these are Chad Ford's sources, you know its not gonna happen.
It's only a video game cover. One current player not being on a cover isn't going to ruin their career.

# 63 cubsball899 @ 05/26/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
who wouldn't buy a basketball game with Jordan on the cover.
john stockton, karl malone, ewing, starks, reggie miller, ehlo, russell, jerry sloan, the "monstars" etc...

# 64 Shakedowncapo @ 05/26/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
It's only a video game cover. One current player not being on a cover isn't going to ruin their career.
Yea, because I said something that overly dramatic. Just makes no sense to me.

# 65 BlueNGold @ 05/26/10 11:07 PM
Quote:
It's still not a big deal. It's a video game cover.

And besides, you have the choice of a current player in the league or the G.O.A.T. A guy that will attract 10x more attention to the game just because he is on the cover and involved with the game. Obviously you'd rather have the latter.

# 66 econoodle @ 05/26/10 11:23 PM
i get 2k anyways, but if they can score some early 90's knicks, i am even more stoked and might actually play something other than Association.

# 67 thmst30 @ 05/26/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
If you have the chance to put the face of the most recognizable athlete in history on your cover why the hell wouldn't you. MJ sells. His brand is still the most profitable out there. If this is true it WILL create extra sales for 2K.

# 68 MessenjahMatt @ 05/26/10 11:51 PM
ho...ly.....shhhh....

haha, incredible!!

# 69 thmst30 @ 05/26/10 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt
ho...ly.....shhhh....

haha, incredible!!
It's probably all your fault too. People go on Youtube and see your incredible MJ 2K vids, and then they rush out to pick up a copy and realize that he's not actually in the game. 2K decided they need to do something about that.

# 70 hokupguy @ 05/26/10 11:55 PM
thats would be awsome , maybe it well have a retro feel add to it? More retro unis maybe even classic arena "the Fourm", "Boston Garden" Chicago Staduim for example...

# 71 BlueNGold @ 05/27/10 12:06 AM
Quote:
ho...ly.....shhhh....

haha, incredible!!
Mike owes you half of what he gets out of the cover deal.

# 72 rangerrick012 @ 05/27/10 12:42 AM
Quote:
EA put Favre on the cover of Madden after he'd 'retired', they just didn't get the memo that Brett Favre never retires.

Great news. Don't want to get my hopes up just yet b/c it still is just a rumor, but if it happens I'd be giddy. And I don't even know what giddy is, but I'd imagine I'd be it if Jordan and other HOFer came to 2k11 along w/ classic teams and some sort of "classic scenario" mode ala Madden Moments. That and cleaned up issues from this year = instant buy and maybe the best BBall game of all time. Hopefully 2k doesn't screw it up.

# 73 23 @ 05/27/10 12:58 AM
I remember Mike's quote from long time ago

I'll personally make sure MJ is a 99 and that no one else is over 90

# 74 capn_razzamataz @ 05/27/10 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_10
If that is a real screen, which looks like it of course but could be some editing is what i meant. Notice the uniforms look like they have been adjusted to look more realistic and not like AND1 uniforms lol and you can of course notice the new accessory on Jordan's leg. It definitely looks more crisp and cleaner. This screen definitely has me pretty damn excited. and the announcement that EA has changed NBA Live to NBA Elite. We could be in store for some real nice basketball gaming this year. YAY! lol
That's not a real screenshot on the original post.

That's a screenshot from one of MessenjahMatt's MJ videos (he uses movie/photo editing software to change how some things look after he records stuff).

# 75 MessenjahMatt @ 05/27/10 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I remember Mike's quote from long time ago

I'll personally make sure MJ is a 99 and that no one else is over 90
I could see 2K making a special exception like EA did with Devin Hester's speed a couple years ago and make Jordan 100 Overall.

# 76 23 @ 05/27/10 01:29 AM
Quote:
I could see 2K making a special exception like EA did with Devin Hester's speed a couple years ago and make Jordan 100 Overall.
They should... he's gotta be a special standout player.

# 77 J_Posse @ 05/27/10 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They should... he's gotta be a special standout player.
Now, I know many here consider M.J. the undisputed G.O.A.T., but ya'll are getting a little carried away. Jordan was incredible in his prime, yet even he had flaws in his game. If they begin to make exceptions for Jordan, then what about other G.O.A.T. type players like Kareem (he's not presently in the game) and Wilt? Or how about Bird and Magic?

Oh, another thing VC really will need to do if they're going with Jordan is improve the likeness of many, if not all, the legends in the game. Many of the legends just look poorly done and looked better in the last-gen. 2K's.

# 78 WG5516 @ 05/27/10 02:14 AM
Yo. I'm buying 2 copies of the game day if that's true. One to play and one to lock away somewhere.

# 79 WG5516 @ 05/27/10 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Man, if I get to take the 96 Bulls into a franchise....I might just...explode.
u and me both. Wow I'm totally amped right now.

# 80 Altimus @ 05/27/10 02:34 AM
If they make him, they need to make him uneditable and make the ratings secret. Some will say he might be underrated while others might even dare to complain that he is overrated. Which is no such thing. MJ was Player 99 and not Player 97 back in the Live games for a reason.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.